User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > oh well.

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:54.   
Mancubus12

Well this is too bad, it's a very well done modified map, but instead you guys had a problem with this for some reason. I was just gonna state a disclaimer stating that i have no intention on taking credit for the whole the only my modifications. It's gone now so don't waste your time anymore.

Last edited by Mancubus12 on 01-06-13 at 05:27

Old Post 01-06-13 04:08
Mancubus12 is offline Profile || Click here to Send Mancubus12 a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BaronOfStuff

What the fuck is this 1994 shit?

And why have you directly edited/uploaded an IWAD?

Old Post 01-06-13 04:52
BaronOfStuff is offline Profile || Click here to Send BaronOfStuff a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

A couple of tips -
  • If you're going to modify IWAD maps, please save them separately. Distributing commercial wads with modified content will only earn you a bad reputation.
  • Zip your uploads.

Here is all you needed to upload.

Old Post 01-06-13 05:10
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Click here to Send GreyGhost a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mancubus12

It works better when done through doom builder sorry for the inconvenience. I do not understand what you mean either

Old Post 01-06-13 05:18
Mancubus12 is offline Profile || Click here to Send Mancubus12 a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
PRIMEVAL

Well if it was the actual IWAD, then that's a no-no. You should have just saved it as it's own separate WAD instead.

Old Post 01-06-13 05:41
PRIMEVAL is offline Profile || Click here to Send PRIMEVAL a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mancubus12

I was modifying a pre existing IWAD and i didn't know how to save it as it's own.

Old Post 01-06-13 05:49
Membrain

Are you using Doom Builder 2? If so, just go to File -> Save Map As... and then give it a unique filename. Don't quote me on it, but that should work.

Old Post 01-06-13 05:57
Membrain is offline Profile || Click here to Send Membrain a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

The trouble with "Save Map As..." is that it saves the rest of the wad's content as well. "Save Map Into..." with a new filename is the option to use, or copy/paste the map to a new wad in Slade.

Old Post 01-06-13 06:10
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Click here to Send GreyGhost a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Membrain

Ah, okay. I wasn't sure if it was that or the other way around. My mistake.

Old Post 01-06-13 06:15
Membrain is offline Profile || Click here to Send Membrain a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote