User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Black Second United team is now recruiting!

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 13:11.   
TheNooBringeR
Green Marine

The BSU (Black Second United) Development team is recruiting, we are a small group of mod developers who create fun and awesome mods, we are not a professional team neither we intend to be, we just make mods for fun.

We will also have forums and the member list on our website too.

If you are interested in joining please fill out the form at:

No recruits as of 01/11/12, the team no longer exists.

Moderators, please delete this thread.

Last edited by TheNooBringeR on 01-11-13 at 21:22

Old Post 01-09-13 00:35
TheNooBringeR is offline Profile || Click here to Send TheNooBringeR a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BloodyAcid

You don't have to be professional, but I'd still suggest polishing your mapping skills before recruitment. I pulled out some maps from your wad and was pretty damn disappointed.

http://i.imgur.com/Bwd0P.png
http://i.imgur.com/01vQd.png
http://i.imgur.com/MOEBp.png
http://i.imgur.com/RDfdO.png

Not happy with the filesize either. 9mb+ for a 5.5mb music file? Yikes.

Ok, I played through it. It's horrendous, and clear that you're just starting out. There's no need to start some grandose dev group; that's why you have communities like these.

http://i.imgur.com/Z3k7Q.png
http://i.imgur.com/P7S5L.png

Old Post 01-09-13 02:16
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Click here to Send BloodyAcid a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

Black Second United? What is that even supposed to mean? Also, who are the supposed members of this team? Only seem to have one member for all I can see.

Anyway, it would be fun to see some new teams form. If only cause I could feel nostalgic about it. Since forums became common practice, teams basically came to an end in favor of community projects.

Old Post 01-09-13 03:02
kristus is offline Profile || Click here to Send kristus a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Alfonzo
Broadcaster

kristus said:
Anyway, it would be fun to see some new teams form. If only cause I could feel nostalgic about it. Since forums became common practice, teams basically came to an end in favour of community projects.
I'm in total agreement here, and it hadn't occurred to me until you mentioned it. Community projects are integral in keeping the community tightly knit at large, but teams can push in their own direction and serve to diversify the modding scene in healthy ways. They also make the mapping of doom seem more like a discipline of some sort, in my mind.

Old Post 01-09-13 03:46
Alfonzo is online now Profile || Click here to Send Alfonzo a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheNooBringeR
Green Marine

@Kristus: I couldn't think of a name, so i created the group with that name, and the group now has 4 members.

@BloodyAcid: those 2 wads you just playthrough were: Zodiac base and Doom Chronicles, those were one of my first wads, and i ain't proud of it either, those mods were released like.. before 4 months, my map making skills improved since then. but still thanks for the suggestion

Old Post 01-09-13 11:52
TheNooBringeR is offline Profile || Click here to Send TheNooBringeR a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
EvilNed01

I kinda like the idea of teams as well. Good luck!

Old Post 01-09-13 12:16
EvilNed01 is offline Profile || Click here to Send EvilNed01 a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
bcwood16

Yup, good luck with the team and any projects you start.

More Doom content always good

Old Post 01-09-13 16:07
bcwood16 is offline Profile || Click here to Send bcwood16 a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
qoncept

kristus said:
Anyway, it would be fun to see some new teams form. If only cause I could feel nostalgic about it. Since forums became common practice, teams basically came to an end in favor of community projects.

Could have fooled me.

Black Second United? What is that even supposed to mean? Also, who are the supposed members of this team? Only seem to have one member for all I can see.

Seriously? You're lambasting the dude because of the name of the group? If you're genuinely curious maybe you should check this out and ask again.

Old Post 01-09-13 17:44
qoncept is offline Profile || Click here to Send qoncept a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Springy

Personally I like the idea of a new developing team. If all goes well we could have a new Team TNT. I am in agreement with Bloody Acid though but mapping skills can be improved.

Old Post 01-09-13 18:15
Springy is offline Profile || Click here to Send Springy a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dew
experts

qoncept said:
Seriously? You're lambasting the dude because of the name of the group? If you're genuinely curious maybe you should check this out and ask again.

i've got your back, kristus!

Black Second United? Please do tell - what meaning is that intricate designation supposed to convey? Also, can you reveal the names of your fellow Black Second United colleagues? So far the impression gleaned from this thread suggests your company would struggle with using the plural form and still staying grammatically sound.

Old Post 01-09-13 19:10
dew is online now Profile || Click here to Send dew a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

Or, to put it more bluntly, that this is a newbie mapper who is looking for people to make a project for him, but is attempting to obfuscate that fact by posing as a "team".

Old Post 01-09-13 19:19
Grazza is offline Profile || Click here to Send Grazza a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
qoncept

I've been on these forums for just over a year now and while there is obviously some typical forum BS, it's usually better than this. This guy just wants to make some Doom levels. If you want to offer constructive criticism of the ones he's made, great. Making fun of the name of his team is asinine.

I wonder what significance the name Team TNT had. And I wonder if any of them ever said "Evilution" out loud with a straight face.

Old Post 01-09-13 19:48
qoncept is offline Profile || Click here to Send qoncept a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
valkiriforce
Forum Regular

Black = black people. Besides Japanese people, they did a lot of cool things first that everyone else rips off in their own way.

Second = Second to none. Again, black people.

United = All the black people times the entire African population. Which means an overwhelming amount of creativity. Imagine Jimi Hendrix + Robert Johnson + Ray Charles etc. etc.

I'm in.

Old Post 01-09-13 23:31
valkiriforce is offline Profile || Click here to Send valkiriforce a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

Yeah, I genuinely don't see a single reason to join this team. There's no member listing or even much detail on who you lot are and what you do, all of your back catalogue is inept at best...

I mean, last time I got recruited into a development team for a project in this commuity, it was a by a long-standing member with a major reputation for quality and a set of released maps that backed up that reputation, with a transparent listing of what the project I was being asked to sign up for was (Back to Saturn X); who was in it (not that many people at the time, but all of them would have been a draw individually, let alone in a team with eachother); what was already there (a great big texture set, all custom-made by the project lead; some concept maps and a few drafts at actual maps that are in the final release of BtSX E1 today); the plans for the future; etc. You've got a website which looks almost as bad as mine and absolutely no incentives to join.

If you either had some experience, a credible plan, evidence that you were working on something that people would want to join in with or something worth showing already under your belt, maybe people would be interested.

Old Post 01-09-13 23:44
Phobus is offline Profile || Click here to Send Phobus a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BloodyAcid

TheNooBringeR said:
@BloodyAcid: those 2 wads you just playthrough were: Zodiac base and Doom Chronicles, those were one of my first wads, and i ain't proud of it either, those mods were released like.. before 4 months, my map making skills improved since then. but still thanks for the suggestion
Your failure logic is easily seen. If you really insist on people joining, then why not demonstrate your 4 month-improved skills? If you're not proud of them, yet they remain the only showcase of your work, you're just asking for trouble.

Old Post 01-10-13 00:31
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Click here to Send BloodyAcid a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NaturalTvventy
Forum Regular

B.S.-you

Old Post 01-10-13 02:56
NaturalTvventy is offline Profile || Click here to Send NaturalTvventy a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheNooBringeR
Green Marine

BloodyAcid said:
Your failure logic is easily seen. If you really insist on people joining, then why not demonstrate your 4 month-improved skills? If you're not proud of them, yet they remain the only showcase of your work, you're just asking for trouble.

I don't wanna fight with you, im not forcing people to join, they will join if they want to,and as that guy said, we just make DOOM levels for fun, not for criticism -_-

Old Post 01-10-13 11:47
EvilNed01

I don't get why people seem to be provoked by this. What's up everyone's ass?

Old Post 01-10-13 11:54
EvilNed01 is offline Profile || Click here to Send EvilNed01 a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
j4rio
Forum Staple

^

Grazza said:
Or, to put it more bluntly, that this is a newbie mapper who is looking for people to make a project for him, but is attempting to obfuscate that fact by posing as a "team".

Old Post 01-10-13 14:17
j4rio is online now Profile || Click here to Send j4rio a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
valkiriforce
Forum Regular

EvilNed01 said:
I don't get why people seem to be provoked by this. What's up everyone's ass?

Agreed. The guy's just asking for recruits. The only thing that would hold me off from joining is that I might be busy in the coming months, and it wouldn't look good if upon joining I was already preoccupied with something else and wasn't able to give it any attention whatsoever.

Although his levels aren't impressive, I don't see how his asking for recruits is asking for trouble. The only trouble he's going to get is the trouble you are willingly giving him, with everyone else jumping the bandwagon for, "let's slam the newbie!" I would much rather encourage him and ask him to maybe wait a while and work on his mapping. I had to hold off from posting anything about my maps when I was starting out, otherwise I would have gotten the well-warranted "you'll never finish it" about Doom Core in the early months of development.

Old Post 01-10-13 18:22
valkiriforce is offline Profile || Click here to Send valkiriforce a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BloodyAcid

valkiriforce said:
Agreed. The guy's just asking for recruits. The only thing that would hold me off from joining is that I might be busy in the coming months, and it wouldn't look good if upon joining I was already preoccupied with something else and wasn't able to give it any attention whatsoever.
From my perspective, it sounds like the typical person trying to start something ridiculously large with too many people while not contributing at all.

Unlike some other people here, I've no problem with the name.

valkiriforce said:
I don't see how his asking for recruits is asking for trouble.

That's not the issue here (to me, at least). He's asking for recruits (which I'm fine with; if you want in, go ahead), it's the lackadaisical effort put forth in demonstrating...anything. I'd be fine with giving pointers for mapping if asked for, but he didn't.

TheNooBringeR said:
...and i ain't proud of it either, those mods were released like.. before 4 months, my map making skills improved since then.

It's with this statement. He blatantly states that he's not proud of his work, even as an admitted new mapper, which only (again, to me) shows his confession to not really giving a crap about mapping but directing people.

======================================================================

valkiriforce said:
with everyone else jumping the bandwagon for, "let's slam the newbie!"

I'm assuming that this is directed at me due to the earlier statement in the same paragraph.

I did not slam him. I just expressed my distaste towards his maps (and filesize).

I said:
You don't have to be professional, but I'd still suggest polishing your mapping skills before recruitment.

TheNooBringeR said:
I don't wanna fight with you, im not forcing people to join, they will join if they want to,and as that guy said, we just make DOOM levels for fun, not for criticism -_-
Out of curiosity, why did you respond only to me?

Old Post 01-11-13 02:10
bcwood16

Any body wanting to make new Doom content should be encouraged

However, there does seem a lack of information?

Having help making new maps for some kind of map pack is one thing, but as this is advertised as a MOD, then this sounds like quite abit of commitment and before people join they need to know what they are getting into.

Stuff I would want to know

1) What the MOD aims to do, IE new maps, textures, new monsters, new gameplay....new guns?? What theme etc ?

2) For a MOD to be successful there needs to be a strong 'Team Leader' that sets direction, has control and shows 'professionalism', may not need to be experienced in all areas (thats what a team is for), but somebody who understands the work involved. Any previous experience would be great to see (even if not Doom related). If somebody whats to make a MOD, then they must have some skills to show!

3) A decent web site would make a massive difference, this advertises the MOD, increases awareness which in return can help drive the MOD forward.

As it stands it does look like TheNooBringeR has no plan, want talented people to make something for him, then he can turn around and say 'Look at what I achieved' . There seems to be a lack of experience, further proved by very little work at a very low level.

TheNooBringeR - Im not saying thats your intention, but by the reaction of this forum I am thinking more info is needed

People are just not going to join this with the lack of info.

Im already helping with another MOD and messing about with a possible MOD my self someday in the future, but If I was free I would think about joining a MOD team.... If say there were three MODS looking to recruit and I needed to choose, what would draw me to yours ??

- Sorry I rambled on lol

Old Post 01-11-13 10:08
bcwood16 is offline Profile || Click here to Send bcwood16 a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

TheNooBringeR said:
@Kristus: I couldn't think of a name, so i created the group with that name, and the group now has 4 members.

Well, good luck. I hope you enjoy yourselves.

Old Post 01-11-13 14:53
kristus is offline Profile || Click here to Send kristus a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheNooBringeR
Green Marine

BloodyAcid said:

Out of curiosity, why did you respond only to me?

Idk

dew said:

Also, can you reveal the names of your fellow Black Second United colleagues?

Sure.

TheNooBringeR - me
EpicPwner
Civil Horker
sgt. dopey
valkiriforce

kristus said:

Well, good luck. I hope you enjoy yourselves.

Thanks, we sure will

bcwood16 said:

Stuff I would want to know

1) What the MOD aims to do, IE new maps, textures, new monsters, new gameplay....new guns?? What theme etc ?

2) For a MOD to be successful there needs to be a strong 'Team Leader' that sets direction, has control and shows 'professionalism', may not need to be experienced in all areas (thats what a team is for), but somebody who understands the work involved. Any previous experience would be great to see (even if not Doom related). If somebody whats to make a MOD, then they must have some skills to show!

3) A decent web site would make a massive difference, this advertises the MOD, increases awareness which in return can help drive the MOD forward.

I will definitevely edit my first post and add these informations, also, the team's first project will be started very later, cause i need to improve my skills first, And alot of people think that is my intention, but im telling you that never was my intention. But alotsa team leader's intentions are as correctly as you described it.

Last edited by TheNooBringeR on 01-11-13 at 20:56

Old Post 01-11-13 17:18
TheNooBringeR
Green Marine

Sorry for double posting, just to let ya guys know i leaved and disbanded this team,

The reason of the disbanding is because of the lack of interest from other people for joining the group and i found much better teams which i can work on with, sorry goes to people who wanted to join the team, also i dont have what it takes to lead a team.

In my spare time ill try to focus on my mapping.
After that i will form a team again (most likely,not)

Also an message to moderators: Please delete this topic, the team no longers exists.

Last edited by TheNooBringeR on 01-11-13 at 21:21

Old Post 01-11-13 21:15