User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Chris Dorner based WAD: I am not amused.

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:04.   
Paul D

So my friend links me something and says "check this out, it's funny"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-kDyWU5Jos

I was not amused.

DooM got enough flak from that stupidass Columbine shooting, and then some piece of shit decides to make this. I mean I can tolerate distasteful things to a point, but this is just awful.

If this has already been addressed somewhere on the forum, please lock, merge, or delete this thread, thank you.

Old Post 02-17-13 00:17
Paul D is offline Profile || Click here to Send Paul D a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

This was posted on the DWF Facebook page last week. As I said in the comments there, the KFC pickups make the Brutal Doom scandal look like nothing.

Old Post 02-17-13 00:20
BlackFish is online now Profile || Click here to Send BlackFish a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

WTF are you two talking about? What is offensive about this?

Old Post 02-17-13 00:24
printz is offline Profile || Click here to Send printz a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

I thought that was kind of funny.

I'm actually surprised the whole Dorner fiasco hadn't popped-up here in EE.

printz said:
WTF are you two talking about? What is offensive about this?
Check your privilege, whitey.

Old Post 02-17-13 00:38
Technician is online now Profile || Click here to Send Technician a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Paul D

I mean I can understand satire, but there's a difference between satire and shit, and this is shit.

Old Post 02-17-13 00:43
Paul D is offline Profile || Click here to Send Paul D a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

Paul D said:
I mean I can understand satire, but there's a difference between satire and shit, and this is shit.
The line between satire and shit is completely subjective from person to person. When you find a work of satire to be shit, chances are, you're the one that it's aimed at.

This whole WAD is /pol/'s way of making fun of who they deem as Liberal.

Old Post 02-17-13 00:48
Technician is online now Profile || Click here to Send Technician a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nomad
Not dumb enough to get a custom title

Haha, that was pretty dumb. Distasteful, sure. Offensive? Maybe. Big deal? Not really.

Old Post 02-17-13 00:50
Nomad is offline Profile || Click here to Send Nomad a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Paul D

I guess I just over-reacted because I live in Southern Californiar and had been hearing all this stuff live on the radio for over a week.

If anything, I'm surprised how quickly somebody made this.

Old Post 02-17-13 00:54
schwerpunk

It's trying so hard to be offensive that it somehow stops being offensive.

Old Post 02-17-13 01:27
schwerpunk is offline Profile || Click here to Send schwerpunk a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

I'm feeling extremely oblivious as to what this is all about. Ok. So I checked into it a bit.

Well. knowing some of the back story it makes more sense to me what is going on.

Now. Satire? Hardly. Racist, yes. Stupid, yes. Offensive? Possibly, I'll leave that for someone else to answer, but most likely.

Also, just because something is intended as satire, doesn't mean that it is. And because something is satire, doesn't mean that it's not shit. So Technician, easy with the wide strokes of the generalization brush there. There are plenty of so called "satire" that I find to be in poor taste, shit or whatnot without being the target of the satire. Just like you can find satire funny even if it's your position that is being satirized (though mostly in cases of positions you don't necessarily care as deeply about).

schwerpunk said:
It's trying so hard to be offensive that it somehow stops being offensive.

Pretty much, it just becomes really stupid and in turn, sad and pathetic. You end up feeling sorry for the poor sod who put it together and uploaded to youtube.

Last edited by kristus on 02-17-13 at 01:52

Old Post 02-17-13 01:34
kristus is offline Profile || Click here to Send kristus a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Krispy

BlackFish said:
Brutal Doom scandal

Someone please explain this to me.

Old Post 02-17-13 02:13
Krispy is offline Profile || Click here to Send Krispy a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

kristus said:
Also, just because something is intended as satire, doesn't mean that it is.
Actually, it is. One's perception of satire is represented through how they perceive a certain situation/scenario, so - like I said - it's completely subjective to the group it's intended for. If you have lurked /pol/ during this whole fiasco, you'd be chuckling; one half of the community saw him as a sort of crusader, while the more conservative side saw him as a nigger, thus reason enough to hate. The author referenced both parties well while packaging it in a a way to ignite the reactionary group that /pol/ paints as Liberals.

Old Post 02-17-13 02:15
kristus
Megablast!

wth is /pol/? Regardless, then it's satirizing the /pol/ forum-goers's (I presume it is a forum) seemingly retarded positions on the situation. IE, an inside joke. So hardly surprising noone else is "getting it".

Krispy said:
Someone please explain this to me.

The creator is a racist jackass.

Last edited by kristus on 02-17-13 at 02:38

Old Post 02-17-13 02:33
kristus is offline Profile || Click here to Send kristus a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
schwerpunk

kristus said:
wth is /pol/?
I'm guessing it's a subreddit on 4chan.

kristus said:
The creator is a racist jackass.
Maybe just a bit.

Krispy: He made a really racist joke in a .txt file, I think. Essel then proceeded to go Al Franken on his ass in [the creator]'s own thread. It wasn't pretty...

Old Post 02-17-13 02:37
schwerpunk is offline Profile || Click here to Send schwerpunk a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ribbiks

schwerpunk said:
a subreddit on 4chan

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m...iuh2bo1_400.gif

Old Post 02-17-13 03:03
Ribbiks is offline Profile || Click here to Send Ribbiks a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

schwerpunk said:
I'm guessing it's a subreddit on 4chan.

http://www.doglike.org/temp/4chan.png

Old Post 02-17-13 03:18
geo
Forum Staple

Its shitty and meant to be as insulting as possible to get the most reaction and hits. See the Columbine RPG.

Old Post 02-17-13 13:59
geo is offline Profile || Click here to Send geo a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
caco_killer

At least in the Columbine RPG, they go to hell for their actions. Then you get to fight Doom monsters. I can't seem to find that part on Youtube for some reason.

Old Post 02-17-13 15:36
caco_killer is offline Profile || Click here to Send caco_killer a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

Seems you never heard of White Power/Nazi Doom before:

Been around since at least 1998, as far as I can recall.

Also, Ethnic Cleansing:

Or ZOG's Nightmare:

Old Post 02-17-13 16:09
Maes is offline Profile || Click here to Send Maes a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DeathevokatioN
Forum Staple

I always thought the Chris Dorner case was less about race and more about retarded trigger happy cops that went on a shooting spree, seeing how quick they were to open fire before identifying their other "suspects" I can't say I'm surprised to find out about his death.

We can be thankful they didn't take him out with a drone missile and kill other people with him, like they do in the Middle East.

Old Post 02-17-13 16:39
DeathevokatioN is offline Profile || Click here to Send DeathevokatioN a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phml
Forum Staple

That one linked video where a dude makes music slapping girl butts is much more offensive.

Old Post 02-17-13 18:03
Phml is offline Profile || Click here to Send Phml a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

I think you're giving this WAD more attention than it deserves.

Old Post 02-17-13 19:04
fraggle is offline Profile || Click here to Send fraggle a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote