User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > How do i post a .wad to Doomworld's /idgames?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:41.   
D00Med
Banned

I want to know how to do this, upload wads to /idgames? if you can tell me how...I WILL BE AMAZINGLY GRATEFUL!

Old Post 02-20-13 20:23
D00Med is offline Profile || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ribbiks

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mo...-faq-read-this/

Old Post 02-20-13 20:49
Ribbiks is online now Profile || Click here to Send Ribbiks a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deimosoft
Warming Up

Have you read the FAQ stickied above in giant red letters?

link: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mo...-faq-read-this/

Edit: aw, beaten to it while I was typing!

Old Post 02-20-13 20:50
deimosoft is offline Profile || Click here to Send deimosoft a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
PRIMEVAL

deimosoft said:
Have you read the FAQ stickied above in giant red letters?

link: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mo...-faq-read-this/

Edit: aw, beaten to it while I was typing!

Wait, was it always in big red letters? Why am I just noticing this? o.O

Old Post 02-20-13 21:37
PRIMEVAL is offline Profile || Click here to Send PRIMEVAL a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Krispy

*Facepalm*

Old Post 02-20-13 22:10
Krispy is offline Profile || Click here to Send Krispy a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

PRIMEVAL said:

The letters were neither red enough nor big enough.

But seriously though, if I were a working on some forum software (thankfully, I am not) I'd try to figure out how to have appropriately-pinned threads enumerated in these pages in addition to the normal forum view. When there are a bunch of them, it's too easy to let your eyes glaze over the list while you scroll down to the rest of the threads... Can't really be helped much.

Old Post 02-20-13 22:30
Gez is offline Profile || Click here to Send Gez a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phml
Forum Staple

PRIMEVAL said:

Your brain automatically filters stuff like that due to the amount of people overusing emphasis for unimportant stuff. Red stuff on an overwhelming blue and black forum is out of place, much like an ad would, so much like an ad, it ends up being intuitively categorized as noise even though it's not.

Forum stickies are yet another thing we're trained to avoid, as generally speaking they aren't dynamic (and in many forums, often full of yet more useless information). Sure, you're supposed to read them once - and then, for the next thousand times you're going to visit the forums, your eyes are looking below. Soon enough this becomes a habit, and stickies are automatically skipped unless you make the conscious effort to look at them.

Old Post 02-20-13 22:38
Phml is offline Profile || Click here to Send Phml a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote