User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > I am working on a big megawad for doom 2
About the WAD...
Seems interesting!
YOU FAIL!
Meh, I dont know
...What is this, TELL ME MORE!!!
needs moar impse
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 15:31.   
D00Med
Banned

ATTENTION! It runs with skulltag\zandronum only. Brutal doom will give you ! sprites since the objects dont exist in brutal doom. but the rest will work fine still work in brutal doom. So moving on, I started a mega wad yesterday, or today i forgot. but it is aimed to have 20 levels but i have 5 complete but to make things intresting, I used advanced geometry like pillars, rounded corners. It also uses UNUSED DOOM 1 MUSIC! Here's the story to that, I was doing doom beta/alpha searching on the web and stumbled across "Planet rome.ro" I knew that that was john romeros website so i went on and it was a page with stuff and i found a link from john romero to the unused music from 1993. the file was "doom_unreleased_music.zip" I was excited and played the music and man i knew i was using slade to put these in my wads! BTW heres the link to the doom 1 unreleased music http://rome.ro/media/doom_unreleased_music.zip

Thats that but the wads name is Earth attack. Should be finsished soon

Old Post 02-28-13 17:20
D00Med is offline Profile || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

D00Med said:
to make things intresting, I used advanced geometry like pillars, rounded corners. It also uses UNUSED DOOM 1 MUSIC![/url]

Thats that but the wads name is Earth attack. Should be finsished soon

Sorry but this doesn't give me much faith in the WAD. Pillars and rounded corners are pretty basic design features nowadays, and having 15 levels done "soon" suggests that the quality of them is quite low. Regarding music, I have heard the unused soundtrack and my own opinion is that it's unused for a reason.

I don't mean to discourage you, but it may be best if you post screenshots of what you have already, so everyone can give feedback.
Also, it may be worth releasing these 5 levels as a demo version.

Old Post 02-28-13 17:30
Eris Falling is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cannonball

5 levels in one day, sounds a bit quick. Sounds like I am talking the oblige wad maker :P
On a serious note. Try and improve the detail and gameplay of the 5 levels you have made and put the file up here to see what you have got

Old Post 02-28-13 17:48
cannonball is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
CorSair
Forum Regular

D00Med said:
skulltag\zandronum only.

nope.avi

Old Post 02-28-13 18:04
CorSair is offline Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
D00Med
Banned

Eris Falling said:

Sorry but this doesn't give me much faith in the WAD. Pillars and rounded corners are pretty basic design features nowadays, and having 15 levels done "soon" suggests that the quality of them is quite low. Regarding music, I have heard the unused soundtrack and my own opinion is that it's unused for a reason.

I don't mean to discourage you, but it may be best if you post screenshots of what you have already, so everyone can give feedback.

Good thing level 5 was a boss battle level!

Old Post 02-28-13 20:32
D00Med
Banned

cannonball said:
5 levels in one day, sounds a bit quick. Sounds like I am talking the oblige wad maker :P
On a serious note. Try and improve the detail and gameplay of the 5 levels you have made and put the file up here to see what you have got

I have oblige but used it once, but not for this. I made it from scratch in doom builder 2. AND im working on level 8 now

Old Post 02-28-13 20:33
scifista42

Please create an account at http://imgur.com/ and upload a couple of screenshots for us. Please.

Old Post 02-28-13 20:38
scifista42 is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
isVital

I definitely agree that you should upload the levels you have completed so far so we can see what your work looks like. 5 levels in one day seems too quick by any standard I can think of.

Old Post 02-28-13 20:55
isVital is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
grouchbag

Most certainly please upload what you have.I would try it out.

Old Post 02-28-13 20:58
grouchbag is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
D00Med
Banned

Well, i dont use imgur, and how do i take a screenshot?

Old Post 02-28-13 23:37
D00Med
Banned

Eris Falling said:

I am on level 9 and will release a 10 level demo. THE DETAIL IS VERY LOW AT THIS STAGE OF DEVELOPMENT SO KEEP YOUR CRITICM WAITING UNTIL THE FULL RELEASE!

Old Post 02-28-13 23:39
D00Med
Banned

Submitting 10 level demo to /idgames now! but first... Get Skulltag: http://www.skulltag.com/download/

Old Post 03-01-13 00:34
Doomkid

D00Med said:
Submitting 10 level demo to /idgames now! but first... Get Skulltag: http://www.skulltag.com/download/

Do I need the Skulltag actors and stuff enabled? If so I'll just use Zanny with the ST stuff, I wouldn't want to point any newbs towards ST simply for the fact that there's no masterserver any more and it's slightly outdated in comparison to Zanny.

It's like a less exaggerated version of pointing someone towards CSDoom.. :P Also as the rest have said, I'm looking forward to some screens and playable demos. As a long tme mapper who's style is consistantly oldschool, I think I could offer some basic tips for improvement from my own perspective.

Good luck!

Old Post 03-01-13 00:51
Doomkid is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
D00Med
Banned

Ok this is important THE FILE IS NOT ON IDGAMES! you will have to download it at ModDB here: http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/addons/attacked-demo

Old Post 03-01-13 21:28
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

Since you don't have any screenshots I took a look at the WAD, and took some screenshots.

Sorry, but it seems I was right in my first post on this thread :/

Click to enlarge:

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/6342/amazingg.th.png

Old Post 03-01-13 21:47
Eris Falling is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pavera

Yeaaaah.. I would say the best criticism for this is to delete it and start over after learning the basics of doom gameplay balance and layout design. Do some real dooming before foraying into map making. That'll at least give you a sense for what makes a fun map.

Hint: it isn't random skulltag/zdoom features.

Old Post 03-01-13 21:56
Pavera is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BaronOfStuff

bucketofturds.wad

Old Post 03-01-13 22:02
BaronOfStuff is online now Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
D00Med
Banned

Pavera said:
Yeaaaah.. I would say the best criticism for this is to delete it and start over after learning the basics of doom gameplay balance and layout design. Do some real dooming before foraying into map making. That'll at least give you a sense for what makes a fun map.

Hint: it isn't random skulltag/zdoom features.

I will admit, that i have no exprience with mapping...i just wanted a chance to try but got nothing but critiscm for something that is not even finsished.

Old Post 03-01-13 22:03
D00Med
Banned

BaronOfStuff said:
bucketofturds.wad
I HAVE HAD ENOUGH JERK :c

Old Post 03-01-13 22:04
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

Cool troll thread dude, I like it

Old Post 03-01-13 22:06
esselfortium is online now Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
D00Med
Banned

:C

Old Post 03-01-13 22:06
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

C:

In the event that you're actually serious, which you're not, I would suggest that learning how to make doors is a more valuable mapping trait to pick up than how to import custom monsters. Putting player start things in your maps is also possibly worth your consideration.

Old Post 03-01-13 22:08
esselfortium is online now Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote