User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Making a ZDoom based 32-level megawad!
It sounds like
Sounds like crap, Lets wait and see...
Hmm! Sounds Intresting!
BAD!
Good!
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:30.   
D00MEDGUY
Banned

So yeah i am making a wad...What else to say, LOTS!

I will admit it will have some CRAPPY parts but There are parts where in stead of being linear, it could even be a labyrinth/maze! (e.g. MAP12) i am working on MAP15 and the file is 12.5 Megabytes and Doom 2's wad is 14.2!

It adds:

New Weapons
New Monsters
New Music
New Props

NOTE: Some of the content is UNUSED so if you can find out the summon codes "which i will reveal soon" You can use unused weapons and stuff from my wad!

Hope you enjoy it when it comes out! IT IS REALLY HARD! MAP04 HAS OVER 100 MONSTERS! but you will be prepared with good weapons and lots of ammo, and a trusty backpack...

Old Post 03-16-13 18:13
D00MEDGUY is offline Profile || Click here to Send D00MEDGUY a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
PRIMEVAL

We get a lot of announcements for up and coming amazing WADs, so pardon the lack of excitement for this. However, some pics would be nice and may help in that regard.

Old Post 03-16-13 18:27
PRIMEVAL is offline Profile || Click here to Send PRIMEVAL a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SFoZ911

D00MEDGUY said:

MAP04 HAS OVER 100 MONSTERS!

Whats so special about that?

Old Post 03-16-13 19:45
SFoZ911 is offline Profile || Click here to Send SFoZ911 a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BaronOfStuff

D00MEDGUY said:
IT IS REALLY HARD! MAP04 HAS OVER 100 MONSTERS!

So do lots of projects:
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/3355/map04.png

Even as early as Evilution this has happened; "MAP04: Wormhole" has 173 monsters on UV.

Old Post 03-16-13 20:04
BaronOfStuff is offline Profile || Click here to Send BaronOfStuff a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

E1M3 of Ultimate Doom had 129 monsters on UV. That's equivalent to MAP03. Screw Evilution.

file is 12.5 Megabytes and Doom 2's wad is 14.2!

Alien Vendetta -> 23MB
Back to Saturn X Episode 1 -> 40MB
Community Chest 4 -> 69MB
Jenesis -> 20MB
KDiZD -> 24MB
Plutonia 2 -> 17MB
PRCP -> 15MB

OK yes, these are all high quality WADs that are bigger than DOOM2.WAD
Now to make my point.

DTS-T -> 45MB

The size of your WAD doesn't determine how good it is. There are trollwads that are around 1GB in size. Just sayin'

Old Post 03-16-13 20:18
Eris Falling is offline Profile || Click here to Send Eris Falling a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
valkiriforce
Forum Regular

SFoZ911 said:
Whats so special about that?

Usually, when you're new to the Doom community, you only have the IWAD examples to follow. Considering how little the monster count is in the early levels of Doom II, 100 probably seems like a lot to a newcomer. I remember when I was new and beating "Go 2 It" felt like an accomplishment that everyone else would shrug off and say, "so what?"

Old Post 03-16-13 20:31
valkiriforce is offline Profile || Click here to Send valkiriforce a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Impboy4

D00MEDGUY, before you start announcing a new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Old Post 03-16-13 22:16
Impboy4 is offline Profile || Click here to Send Impboy4 a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

Doomedguy, do you have any actual work to showcase before making such a big announcement for a 32 level megawad? You know, like a mod or individual levels?

Old Post 03-16-13 22:27
Glaice is offline Profile || Click here to Send Glaice a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian

Sorry for the hostility dude, but this sort of thing happens a lot.

Old Post 03-16-13 22:43
Obsidian is offline Profile || Click here to Send Obsidian a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
joe-ilya

Eris Falling said:

Community Chest 4 -> 69MB

o_o

------

anyways , I was like that too but all i got is boxy maps with textures.

Old Post 03-16-13 22:50
joe-ilya is online now Profile || Click here to Send joe-ilya a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
schwerpunk

I'd be more excited about a short 3-6 level "mega"wad. I have a hard time staying interested in even the best megawads past the first handful of levels.

Old Post 03-16-13 22:58
schwerpunk is offline Profile || Click here to Send schwerpunk a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cannonball

schwerpunk said:
I'd be more excited about a short 3-6 level "mega"wad. I have a hard time staying interested in even the best megawads past the first handful of levels.

Same when it comes to making wads to be honest. Making large map projects single handedly are a real drain.

Old Post 03-16-13 23:02
cannonball is offline Profile || Click here to Send cannonball a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
D00MEDGUY
Banned

Obsidian said:
Sorry for the hostility dude, but this sort of thing happens a lot.
OH MY GOD THAT GUY IS STUPID!

Old Post 03-16-13 23:11
D00MEDGUY is offline Profile || Click here to Send D00MEDGUY a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

Oh hi ban evading guy

Old Post 03-16-13 23:15
esselfortium is online now Profile || Click here to Send esselfortium a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote