User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > My personally motivated project :)

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:43.   
BurntApples
Banned

Hi there guys n gals n devils alike! I started work on a personal little wad file for DOOM II a couple o' days ago and I was hoping to get some opinions good or bad on here. I don't know where I should upload it because I have rotten luck with file sharing sites. Should I be posting screenshots as while I'm at it?
Oh yeah I should probably tell you what it's like so far. It's really just going to be a collection of small/medium sized levels and it'll be compatible with any source port or the doom2.exe for MS-DOS. It's only two levels right now but I thought I should get feedback early.

Here is a place to download it for now but if it sucks go ahead and tell me where I should put it that so everyone can download it. Thanks

http://www.filedropper.com/frenzy_1

Last edited by BurntApples on 03-23-13 at 21:47

Old Post 03-23-13 20:26
BurntApples is offline Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

demos of my playthrough

Well, this is promising. Good looking levels with perfect amount of detail. Not much else to say really, I just hope that the difficulty will increase soon because these two maps were very easy.

Oh, and you might want to take a look at this:
http://thumb6.wuala.com/previewImage/kuchitsu/Doom_SCREEN/Frenzy!.wad/doom1535.jpg

Old Post 03-23-13 20:41
Memfis is online now Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BurntApples
Banned

Thank you! I can mess with the difficulty more now if you would prefer. My idea was to have it be tough for people who have beaten DOOM and many other custom wads before. I will fix the health bug right away. How was the ammo? I tried to make it so there wasn't too much of it but I didn't want to be really skimpy with it either.
What port did you use to play it?

Old Post 03-23-13 20:44
BurntApples is offline Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

I always use prboom-plus for recording demos. Since these maps looked rather easy, I decided to use the berserk and chainsaw as much as possible for more fun/challenge. So can't really comment on the ammo balance.

Old Post 03-23-13 20:49
Memfis is online now Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BurntApples
Banned

I made a plan to have berserk at the start point of each map but should I abandon that idea? I will if it throws off the difficult

Old Post 03-23-13 20:54
Memfis
Forum Spammer

No, no, keep it! Berserk is a really fun weapon to use, it offers additional gameplay possibilities and makes Tyson speedruns a lot more feasible, which is cool.
And it's not like it's that easy to punch monsters without taking a lot of damage. Takes some skills.

Old Post 03-23-13 21:06
BurntApples
Banned

I just played through your demos and you are very good at this game You're better at my levels than I am! I will keep the berserk idea and work on rebalancing the difficulty a little bit. Thanks for your feedback!
I updated the link in the OP with a new version. It has been tweaked somewhat

Last edited by BurntApples on 03-23-13 at 21:46

Old Post 03-23-13 21:26
Ribbiks

here's another fda if you're interested. very basic maps, though I'd still be interested in playing some later, hopefully more difficult levels in this style. I'll be a combo-breaker and not end this post with a smiley face >

Old Post 03-24-13 05:34
Ribbiks is offline Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Chex Warrior

These were fun, you've got a handle on the classic style. Not much else to say that Memfis and Ribbiks didn't, looking forward to more.

Old Post 03-24-13 14:37
Chex Warrior is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BurntApples
Banned

Thanks again! I will most likely brush up on my style more before committing to more maps for the project I just wanted to see if I got the basic technique down. Thanks for the demos too they're very helpful!

Old Post 03-24-13 21:31