User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Plutonia + Eviluion sequel
Are you interested in the idea
This poll is closed.
It's a good idea 4 23.53%
It's a crappy idea 6 35.29%
Only interested on a single Plutonia sequel 3 17.65%
Only interested on a single Evilution sequel 2 11.76%
Good idea but not interested 2 11.76%
Total: 9 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:36.   
Lord Pazman
Banned

I am planning to make a megawad which sums up Final Doom both in storyline as well as difficulty. The wad will have themes from Plutonia and Evilution and will be consistent in gameplay. I would like to know if this is a good idea and if it should continue. Please be friendly and show your opinions on the idea but please don't put any rude comments on the post.

Old Post 03-26-13 21:36
Lord Pazman is offline Profile || Click here to Send Lord Pazman a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ribbiks

Plutilution? Eviltonia?

Old Post 03-26-13 21:43
Ribbiks is offline Profile || Click here to Send Ribbiks a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cannonball

The Plutonia Evilution

Old Post 03-26-13 21:46
cannonball is offline Profile || Click here to Send cannonball a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Ideas are worthless, post some levels/videos/screenshots... Something that shows your work.

Old Post 03-26-13 22:04
Memfis is offline Profile || Click here to Send Memfis a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Springy

Pluvilution hey? Would be interesting.

Old Post 03-26-13 22:06
Springy is offline Profile || Click here to Send Springy a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
purist

Nothing wrong with the idea, your work will fail or prevail based on it's execution. As Memfis says, show your work.

Old Post 03-26-13 22:10
purist is offline Profile || Click here to Send purist a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lord Pazman
Banned

Memfis said:
Ideas are worthless, post some levels/videos/screenshots... Something that shows your work.

purist said:
Nothing wrong with the idea, your work will fail or prevail based on it's execution. As Memfis says, show your work.

My mapping skills are very basic but with some time, a good map will come out which is as good as any others but the reason I want to see the views of people is to give me an idea of a new project. The polls just tells what the project should be. I was hoping for this to be a doom community project where everyone can use the skills they've got (such as mapping, making textures, making music and testing for it to be vanilla compatible) to make a megawad.

Old Post 03-26-13 22:26
Lord Pazman is offline Profile || Click here to Send Lord Pazman a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lord Pazman
Banned

You may be thinking how will this work, well the maps are not a requirement for it to be a fusion of both Final Dooms but following it's theme and making a good storyline and a fun megawad.

Old Post 03-26-13 22:29
Memfis
Forum Spammer

So your idea is basically "I want a cool megawad" but you have no skills and want others to do everything for you? lol.

Old Post 03-26-13 22:32
Memfis is offline Profile || Click here to Send Memfis a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
purist

You're better off building your reputation with your own work or contributions to existing community projects before attempting to organise one of your own.

Old Post 03-26-13 22:38
purist is offline Profile || Click here to Send purist a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cannonball

purist said:
You're better off building your reputation with your own work or contributions to existing community projects before attempting to organise one of your own.

This and considering
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/post-he...egawad-project/

It's probably best to concentrate on making a few maps or a small mapset and see what happens (feedback and possible enhancement of your own work)

Old Post 03-26-13 22:40
cannonball is offline Profile || Click here to Send cannonball a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Springy

purist said:

Seconding this. No one's going to put in a huge amount of effort just because someone requested it. If you start making maps and contributing with some good material then it shows you are determined to actually help out and make something fun for everyone, instead of being lazy and relying on others as this may become a habit.

Cannonball said:
It's probably best to concentrate on making a few maps or a small mapset and see what happens (feedback and possible enhancement of your own work)

This is probably the best advice, creating a few maps, gaining feedback and applying the feedback into your maps to help improve.

Old Post 03-26-13 22:41
Springy is offline Profile || Click here to Send Springy a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lord Pazman
Banned

Springy said:

Seconding this. No one's going to put in a huge amount of effort just because someone requested it. If you start making maps and contributing with some good material then it shows you are determined to actually help out and make something fun for everyone, instead of being lazy and relying on others as this may become a habit.

This is probably the best advice, creating a few maps, gaining feedback and applying the feedback into your maps to help improve.

I'm not really relying on anyone to do anything, the whole point of the poll is to get some inspiration. I would make a whole megawad myself. What I am really requesting is for inspiration, I cannot make a map without inspiration. I only develop my mapping by looking at others and seeing their style of maps and with ideas.

Old Post 03-26-13 23:04