User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Monster Bag 2: Squishy's Revenge

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:49.   
Squishybrick
Banned

[Mod closed, since I got tired of the vultures picking at it]

Last edited by Squishybrick on 04-06-13 at 03:59

Old Post 04-05-13 22:49
Squishybrick is offline Profile || Click here to Send Squishybrick a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

From looking at the trailer, a large amount of the monsters just seem to be recolours of stock monsters with numerous random attacks. Sorry to burst your bubble dude, but it's a better idea to work on a smaller amount of monsters with high quality: that's what Eriance did, and it's working for him.

Old Post 04-05-13 23:08
Obsidian is offline Profile || Click here to Send Obsidian a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
grouchbag

What will I say when you release 700 monsters? Dumb to put it very politely.

Old Post 04-05-13 23:15
grouchbag is offline Profile || Click here to Send grouchbag a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
scifista42

The blue replicating monsters are good Unfortunately the map where they're used is impossible without cheating, as all the other maps also. This is why I cannot enjoy this mod, sorry. You got some awesome ideas and a lot of bad ideas, such as the black instant-death chaingunners, especially in their place in the map. Or the supertough reflecting monsters. Or the random-mess ones or the nearly-infinite fast yellow ones. I'd suggest keeping just the best of them and create a small fun mapset with a moderate, but escalating difficulty. I know this is not your aim and spirit, but if you did that, I can guarantee you your project would be much more beloved.

Old Post 04-05-13 23:35
scifista42 is online now Profile || Click here to Send scifista42 a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Squishybrick
Banned

Obsidian said:
From looking at the trailer, a large amount of the monsters just seem to be recolours of stock monsters with numerous random attacks. Sorry to burst your bubble dude, but it's a better idea to work on a smaller amount of monsters with high quality: that's what Eriance did, and it's working for him.

I'm not sure why people never have the courtesy to try the wad and just blatantly call them "Recolors"..

They're double-prefixes..

The first mod was prefixed monsters..

Death, tough, hyper, ect..

This mod, mixed them with eachother.

Death-hyper, Glitch-pain, ect.

As for the levels being impossible? I've beaten the entire series of bonus levels TWICE to test them out before releasing it..

It ain't me, it's you.. Here's a tip, if you WEREN'T just thumbing through the levels using the console, you might figure out you are rewarded for killing the bosses with an upgraded dimensional weapon.. Said dimension weapons come in BIG handy for the later levels..

The super pain dimension (aka the "blue" dimension) is trivial to
beat if you use the hyper blaster.

The super death dimension becomes easier if you take advantage of the chrono-blasters alt-fire, which freezes time, letting you single out the chaingunners and take them out before focusing on other monsters.

Also, the bonus levels are OPTIONAL, this mod is meant to be played with any ol' map-set with original doom monsters in it.

Oblige, original doom, mods, anything..

This is the same problem the zdoom community had..

You don't get to just crack a mod open like a vegetarian picking at
a cheeseburger, only looking at the bits you want, THEN
critique it..

Play the mod with respect, or don't bother playing or critiquing it at all..

Last edited by Squishybrick on 04-06-13 at 02:00

Old Post 04-06-13 01:51
Squishybrick is offline Profile || Click here to Send Squishybrick a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

Squishybrick said:

You do realize without such replies you are closing yourself to potential improvement. You are expecting praise for your work without critique/criticism and no modder is perfect, as I have told you countless times in our discussions in the past.

Old Post 04-06-13 02:25
Glaice is offline Profile || Click here to Send Glaice a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
RottKing

Someday I hope there will be a cure for Duke Nukem 3D palette swap disease, it's already claimed so many victims, and now it's spreading amongst the demons...

Old Post 04-06-13 02:37
RottKing is offline Profile || Click here to Send RottKing a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Squishybrick
Banned

Mr. Chris said:

You do realize without such replies you are closing yourself to potential improvement. You are expecting praise for your work without critique/criticism and no modder is perfect, as I have told you countless times in our discussions in the past.

Not closing myself to improvement at all..
I expect praise AND critique.. But to be honest, even
with all my hard work re-making my best project, adding
a record-setting 700 monsters, and even adding all the little
bells and whistles like player classes, bonus monsters/levels,
and such, the praise/critique ratio is still pretty sad..

When it gets like that, one stops thinking that it's his problem,
and that maybe all these "critics" are just stuffy jerks..

Anyway, regardless what I expect, thumbing through a mod and playing it improperly will give innacurate results.

As I had said.. The levels are meant to be PLAYED THROUGH, not
thumbed through using console commands..

If you PLAY THROUGH them, you get certain weapons that make progressing the next levels easier.. It's sort've like megaman.

(Not to mention the bonus levels are OPTIONAL, the wad is REALLY
meant to be played with doom, oblige, or any other mod with maps
and original doom monsters)

Seems like all the add-ons I make are the only thing people whine
about, other than the aesthetics.. They ignore the mod itself completely... Almost like they're LOOKING for something to
put down..

So if you want, I'll make a seperate version of the mod WITHOUT all the bells and whistles.. Just the 700 monsters, and nothing else..
Will that be "improving" the mod?

Speaking aesthetics by the way..

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums...zpsfedc01cb.png

I came to doomworld in an attempt to desperately prove to myself that not ALL doom communities were just filled with snarky children...

So far, I'm not getting very encouraging results..

Last edited by Squishybrick on 04-06-13 at 02:58

Old Post 04-06-13 02:42
BloodyAcid

I expect praise

the praise/critique ratio is still pretty sad..

they're LOOKING for something to
put down..
This here's your problem, hun.

I came to doomworld in an attempt to desperately prove to myself that not ALL doom communities were just filled with snarky children...

So far, I'm not getting very encouraging results..

Ironically, you're the one isolating yourself from others in the community. By filing all the other communities to be filled with "snarky-children" and coming here with such attitude, consider looking at a (virutal) mirror?

Knock this shit off. You're making an ass of yourself already.

Old Post 04-06-13 03:10
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Click here to Send BloodyAcid a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Squishybrick
Banned

BloodyAcid said:
This here's your problem, hun.

Ironically, you're the one isolating yourself from others in the community. By filing all the other communities to be filled with "snarky-children" and coming here with such attitude, consider looking at a (virutal) mirror?

Knock this shit off. You're making an ass of yourself already.

Well I guess that is one of my problems.. Allowing others to take my words out of context to make me seem worse.. I wasn't aware that was a fixable problem..

Knock what off, not putting up with people constantly being equally annoying about the way I make mods?

I suppose you'd have me just lay down on my back and take it all with a grin..

Well sorry, I wasn't aware that to become a modder you must relinquish all self-respect and dignitiy you ever owned..

I isolate myself from the community because I don't like it, it's fully of snarky smartasses who do nothing but pick at me like vultures... But I guess I shouldn't be in a community I don't like, so I'm in the wrong here...

As I said.. I was only around and showing my mods just to "test the waters", deseperately hoping this community would be different from the others....

Well rest assured, the waters have been tested thoroughly, this place isn't any different from all the others.. I'm outa here..

I can at least take solace knowing I've tried every last doom-modding community there is.. They're all bad, so there's no point in me modding anymore, for fun, or for sharing...

Last edited by Squishybrick on 04-06-13 at 03:39

Old Post 04-06-13 03:33
Remiel

Squishybrick said:
Comic Sans, mark of a charmed mind.

And you misspelled 'aesthetics' in the filename.

Old Post 04-06-13 03:33
Remiel is offline Profile || Click here to Send Remiel a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Squishybrick said:
I can at least take solace knowing I've tried every last doom-modding community there is.. They're all bad, so there's no point in me modding anymore, for fun

???

Old Post 04-06-13 03:46
Memfis is online now Profile || Click here to Send Memfis a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Professor Pants
Warming Up

That trailer seems to be advertising you more than the mod. Next time try a little less arrogance. Seriously, you're asking people to glorify you. Even if you deserved it, you could be a little humble about it. (By the way, you do NOT deserve it.) The mod is abysmal. Quality over quantity, please.

Old Post 04-06-13 03:54
Professor Pants is offline Profile || Click here to Send Professor Pants a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BloodyAcid

This is fun. (I can only respond so many times before this is post hell'd.

Squishybrick said:
Well I guess that is one of my problems.. Allowing others to take my words out of context to make me seem worse.. I wasn't aware that was a fixable problem..
Context? What context? The entire ordeal stems from you being unable to accept any form of critique, only to boast your arrogance of creating a Doom mod. The lines I've chosen specifically pinpoint your arrogant nature: promotional media for your mod is to advertise said mod, not your personal life story on mods.

Squishybrick said:
Knock what off, not putting up with people constantly being equally annoying about the way I make mods?
It was hmm, let's see. 3 replies before you went off on a tangent about disrespect towards your wad. Funnily enough, 1 of them offered constructive criticism on the extremities of your monsters. You started spouting gibberish. see:

Treat people with respect or people won't play your wad at all.

Squishybrick said:
I suppose you'd have me just lay down on my back and take it all with a grin..
No. Don't be an ass.

Squishybrick said:
Well sorry, I wasn't aware that to become a modder you must relinquish all self-respect and dignitiy you ever owned..
No. See above reply.

Squishybrick said:
I isolate myself from the community because I don't like it, it's fully of snarky smartasses who do nothing but pick at me like vultures... But I guess I shouldn't be in a community I don't like, so I'm in the wrong here...
Hmm, if I recall correctly, weren't you banned from ST/Zan for either impersonation or hacking? It's ironic you're talking about snarky smartasses when you're a dumbass. I guess it balances out.

Squishybrick said:
As I said.. I was only around and showing my mods just to "test the waters", deseperately hoping this community would be different from the others....
3 people approached you and you rage at them. You're clearly in the wrong waters. Instead of seeking entire communities to resolve your personal needs, how about some compensation and reflection about WHY people are an ass to you?

Squishybrick said:
Well rest assured, the waters have been tested thoroughly, this place isn't any different from all the others.. I'm outa here..
kbye.

Squishybrick said:
I can at least take solace knowing I've tried every last doom-modding community there is.. They're all bad, so there's no point in me modding anymore, for fun, or for sharing...
I'm pretty sure you've missed a few, but eh, your choice. Modding for fun doesn't necessarily equate to sharing. You can have fun with a mod you made by yourself, for yourself, regardless of others' opinions.

----
On a side note, vultures are scavengers that peck on the carcasses of deceased animals. By labelling us as "vultures," are you not implying the death of your own project promptly before it began?

Old Post 04-06-13 04:18
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Click here to Send BloodyAcid a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
RottKing

http://i.imgur.com/i1VM3ZM.jpg

Old Post 04-06-13 04:21
RottKing is offline Profile || Click here to Send RottKing a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BloodyAcid

Squishy2012, err, 2013

Old Post 04-06-13 04:22
Krispy

Squishybrick and every other troll modder said:

I'm outa here..

Let's hope so. Your trailer is pretty self-glorifying, like pants said. It seems like every time you come to a forum, either everyone gangs up on you because "they" all hate squishy bricks (and are also childish and whatever you said), or because you bring it upon yourself.

Last edited by Krispy on 04-06-13 at 04:48

Old Post 04-06-13 04:25
Krispy is offline Profile || Click here to Send Krispy a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

You do know I've got Aspergers, right?

Old Post 04-06-13 04:42
Obsidian is offline Profile || Click here to Send Obsidian a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Krispy

I'll buy you a steak.

Old Post 04-06-13 04:48
Krispy is offline Profile || Click here to Send Krispy a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

Krispy said:
I'll buy you a steak.

Correct answer. ^_^

Old Post 04-06-13 05:05
Xaser
Forum Staple

For those not familiar with the context from the ZDoom forums or any prior threads from the OP, he has a proven track record of being a self-destructive idiot given less than the slightest provocation (read: none), so it's best we as a forum stop this mess and move along. Read the thread if you're so curious, so long as you don't mind losing a few brain cells (and sitting through the Angryxaser portion).

Speaking of,

Squishybrick said:

What was Doomworld's policy regarding "I'm leaving" posts, again?

Old Post 04-06-13 09:26
Xaser is offline Profile || Click here to Send Xaser a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

Godspeed, Squashy Monsterbarge.

Old Post 04-06-13 09:28
esselfortium is online now Profile || Click here to Send esselfortium a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote