User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Why are posts sent to hell?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:40.   
Matthew
Banned

I was wondering this since my "Boob Size" post was helled.
Is it because some asshole doesn't like what I have to say?

Old Post 04-28-13 20:01
Matthew is offline Profile || Click here to Send Matthew a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

Doomworld FAQ said:
Post Hell is the forum where bad posts go to die. You cannot post in Post Hell, obviously. Reading the threads there will give you a good idea of what not to do on these forums.

Old Post 04-28-13 20:05
Eris Falling is offline Profile || Click here to Send Eris Falling a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

Matthew said:
Yes.

Old Post 04-28-13 20:06
Technician is online now Profile || Click here to Send Technician a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Matthew
Banned

Eris Falling said:

Alright, thanks. Sorry fo being a noob.

Old Post 04-28-13 20:06
Matthew is offline Profile || Click here to Send Matthew a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Matthew
Banned

Technician said:
Yes.

That's bullshit.
I bet this will be helled too.

Old Post 04-28-13 20:08
Technician
Still no custom title

Matthew said:
That's bullshit.
I bet this will be helled too.

http://www.lifewithoutbeergoggles.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Magic-8-Ball.jpg

Old Post 04-28-13 20:13
Technician is online now Profile || Click here to Send Technician a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Matthew
Banned

Doomworld, if you send this to hell, that's censorship.

Old Post 04-28-13 20:20
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

c00l thread

Old Post 04-28-13 20:23
esselfortium is offline Profile || Click here to Send esselfortium a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Wasn't that a discussion about why some women put silicone?

Old Post 04-28-13 20:30
printz is offline Profile || Click here to Send printz a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Matthew
Banned

It was a discussion telling women not to get silicone. boobs are boobs

Old Post 04-28-13 20:32
40oz
Forum Spammer

Matthew said:

see you in hell

Old Post 04-28-13 20:32
40oz is offline Profile || Click here to Send 40oz a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Why are people being banned without any explanations? What happened to that BurntApples guy? He was a cool mapper.
Why moderator just makes fun of a newcomer instead of explaining what they did wrong?
Why can't I download demos from Post Hell?
Will I ever get a girlfriend?

Old Post 04-28-13 20:36
Memfis is offline Profile || Click here to Send Memfis a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xaser
Forum Staple

Matthew said:

It's because you're going to hell too, YOU SINNER.

Old Post 04-28-13 20:40
Xaser is offline Profile || Click here to Send Xaser a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dew
experts

how is babby formed
how girl get pragnent

Old Post 04-28-13 20:42
dew is offline Profile || Click here to Send dew a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

Not-so-FP. I have partook of this thread nevertheless, and I extend warm props to all logged in trolls.

Old Post 04-28-13 20:48
DoomUK is offline Profile || Click here to Send DoomUK a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quast
insert title here

Matthew said:

No, it's because that thread was stupid. The idea is that you should be posting about topical issues or otherwise interesting things that may warrant discussion. Boob size thread is neither of those things.

Old Post 04-28-13 20:54
Quast is online now Profile || Click here to Send Quast a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Matthew
Banned

Quast said:

No, it's because that thread was stupid. The idea is that you should be posting about topical issues or otherwise interesting things that may warrant discussion. Boob size thread is neither of those things.

So no trivial posts allowed? Great. Yeah. I love it.

Old Post 04-28-13 20:55
DoomUK
Forum Staple

A somewhat-intelligent thread about human physical attraction might be acceptable, if you have something sensible to say about it, or if you've found a particularly interesting article which sheds new light on how such things work.

Even then, it might just devolve into another boob thread and we'd be back where we started.

Old Post 04-28-13 21:04
DoomUK is offline Profile || Click here to Send DoomUK a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
schwerpunk

Matthew said:

So no trivial posts allowed? Great. Yeah. I love it.

It's a fine line. For instance, discussion of a trivial or silly topic without a source or a good starting thesis is likely to get Helled. Yes, it's censorship, but last time I checked we're not paying taxes for the servers; hence why we don't make the rules. The mods can be a bit fickle, yeah, but I'd say they do a good job of keeping things running smoothly most of the time. I've seen some shitty forums out there, and this isn't one of them. But it is fairly particular and, er, has a unique culture. Just take the time to learn the culture some more before you start posting weird things.

As Eris pointed out, just look at what gets sent to Hell: it should give you an idea of what kind of content to avoid. There's some pretty entertaining reads in there, actually. Anyway, there's a way to broach almost any topic if you're creative and interesting about it - Helled posts generally just take the wrong approach to a sensitive topic.

Old Post 04-28-13 21:08
schwerpunk is offline Profile || Click here to Send schwerpunk a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

Matthew said:
Doomworld, if you send this to hell, that's censorship.

Doomworld isn't a wasteland full of garbage like other places on the internet. I like the occasional censorship.

Old Post 04-28-13 21:13
TimeOfDeath is online now Profile || Click here to Send TimeOfDeath a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote