User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Are .RAR Files Lossy or Lossless?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:29.   
Remiel

Kagemaru_H would be proud of the little guy. Damn.

Old Post 05-08-13 11:48
Remiel is offline Profile || Click here to Send Remiel a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AlekTheNerd
Mini-Member

GreyGhost said:
I think the evaluation period is 45 days, so you might have cause to complain about being short-changed.

AVGN - or just incapable of responding in a mature manner when something you post is challenged?

Did you not read the rest of my post? Also, I don't remember exact details, so if it is 45 days, I'm probably mistaken.
Yet again, I edit a post and rage. Did you seriously not take time out of your FUCKING day just to read the rest of the FUCKING post?! I clearly responded in a mature way, and corrected him where correction was needed! He quite clearly didn't understand my point that it's programmed perfectly FUCKING fine, but they just can't market worth JACK FUCKING SHIT! I showed him the fact that I can scientifically show that it's reliable, and that's why I rely on it, though that's completely FUCKING moot because he didn't understand the FUCKING point of my original statement!

Last edited by AlekTheNerd on 05-09-13 at 01:27

Old Post 05-08-13 11:53
AlekTheNerd is offline Profile || Click here to Send AlekTheNerd a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AlekTheNerd
Mini-Member

Khorus said:

You've acted like an ass to people trying to help you in two threads now. Good going, buddy.

I've only been an ass to people who are dumb. Plus, I was only an ass to people who didn't directly help me. I also request this other example of me being an ass.

Old Post 05-08-13 11:55
AlekTheNerd is offline Profile || Click here to Send AlekTheNerd a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

Why get this mad over topics that really aren't that important?

Last edited by DoomUK on 05-08-13 at 12:06

Old Post 05-08-13 11:56
DoomUK is offline Profile || Click here to Send DoomUK a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AlekTheNerd
Mini-Member

DoomUK said:
Why get this mad over topics that really aren't that important?

I get mad at dumb people, no matter the topic. Whether it be creationists or people who don't know the difference between a GPU and a CPU, I will still get mad at them.

Old Post 05-08-13 12:09
DoomUK
Forum Staple

Be more selective over who/what you get mad at. Especially try to avoid getting mad at people who've been civil and helpful towards you. Otherwise you'll perpetually come across like that screaming German kid, impassioned with mouth-frothing fury over the slightest provocation. No one wants to know someone like that.

Old Post 05-08-13 12:26
DoomUK is offline Profile || Click here to Send DoomUK a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

AlekTheNerd said:

Did you not read the rest of my post? Also, I don't remember exact details, so if it is 45 days, I'm probably mistaken.
Yet again, I edit a post and rage. Did you seriously not take time out of your FUCKING day just to read the rest of the FUCKING post?! I clearly responded in a mature way, and corrected him where correction was needed! He quite clearly didn't understand my point that it's programmed perfectly FUCKING fine, but they just can't market worth JACK FUCKING SHIT! I showed him the fact that I can scientifically show that it's reliable, and that's why I rely on it, though that's completely FUCKING moot because he didn't understand my FUCKING point.

Yes, I did read the FUCKING rest of your FUCKING post you little obnoxious little DIPSHIT, and it appears I was wrong about the 45 days - that's WinZip' evaluation period. Like a lot of shareware utilities, WinRAR doesn't simply die at the end of its trial period, it just nags the user in the hope they'll register just to make it stop, get over it or find some other minutae in your life to obsess over.

Old Post 05-08-13 12:35
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Click here to Send GreyGhost a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AlekTheNerd
Mini-Member

GreyGhost said:
Like a lot of shareware utilities, WinRAR doesn't simply die at the end of its trial period, it just nags the user in the hope they'll register just to make it stop, get over it or find some other minutae in your life to obsess over.

I'm talking about the bloke I was responding to and his misunderstanding of the fact that I wasn't pointing out the programmer's incompetence when it comes to programming, but in marketing, quit bringing this into other topics, and again, I do NOT have a problem with the nagware. Let me say this one more time. The original purpose of this post was to ask a simple question, and at NO point did it become me whining about the nagware. I am fine with the trial and the way of attempting to make people buy the product, no matter how idiotic it is from seller's viewpoint, I like it from the consumer's viewpoint. Capisce?

Last edited by AlekTheNerd on 05-09-13 at 01:28

Old Post 05-08-13 12:38
Doomhuntress
Forum Regular

AlekTheNerd said:

I get mad at dumb people, no matter the topic. Whether it be creationists or people who don't know the difference between a GPU and a CPU, I will still get mad at them.

mind if ya tone that down a bit? not everyone knows what a computer consists of and not everyone believes in evolution, and certainly not everyone is going to appreciate being bombarded by the F-bomb as often as you've done here. there's worse things to be upset over.

Old Post 05-08-13 12:53
Doomhuntress is online now Profile || Click here to Send Doomhuntress a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AlekTheNerd
Mini-Member

Doomhuntress said:

mind if ya tone that down a bit? not everyone knows what a computer consists of and not everyone believes in evolution, and certainly not everyone is going to appreciate being bombarded by the F-bomb as often as you've done here. there's worse things to be upset over.

I know that, but there's simply a part of almost every person's id which can't handle people which are different, and in my case, it's purely intellectually oriented, so it's quite difficult to control my urge to curse people out when they don't understand computers or accept the scientific theories which I do.

Old Post 05-08-13 12:56
AlekTheNerd
Mini-Member

Oh God, I think I've just landed myself on an ignore list before my 100th post. Oh, fuck, what have I done? Oh God, oh God... So bloody soon after joining, and this happens... oh shit... dammit...

Old Post 05-08-13 13:04
Khorus
Strife!

AlekTheNerd said:
I also request this other example of me being an ass.

Upon consideration, request denied.

Old Post 05-08-13 13:17
Khorus is offline Profile || Click here to Send Khorus a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AlekTheNerd
Mini-Member

Khorus said:

Upon consideration, request denied.

I actually quickly looked through my posts and didn't find a post which was particularly, explicitly assish. Can you seriously not give an example?

Old Post 05-08-13 13:21
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

AlekTheNerd said:
Kapeesh?
"Capisce?".

It's Italian for "do you understand?".

Old Post 05-08-13 14:10
fraggle is offline Profile || Click here to Send fraggle a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

AlekTheNerd said:
Plus, I was only an ass to people who didn't directly help me. I also request this other example of me being an ass.
How about here to LordHavoc, here to kristus and here to Gez.

PROTIP - stop being an ass, you won't last long in the forums with that attitude. Capisce?

Old Post 05-08-13 16:16
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Click here to Send GreyGhost a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Caffeine Freak
black and shiny

I think ATK initially became very defensive over exp(x)'s allegation that he was entitled, since it probably seemed to him like it came completely out of left field. From there, it just escalated, as he probably felt like he had to defend himself against most of the people in the thread.

I can certainly understand why others are responding to him the way they are, but I can also understand his reaction as well.

Alek, take what I'm saying here in the most objective, impersonal way possible: cool down with the excessive swearing and all-caps typing. There's no reason to ever get this heated over something someone said on an internet forum, unless the person in question was posting naked pics of your mom. People will say provocative stuff that seems unwarranted, or that seems to come out of nowhere, and the best you can do is to remain calm and collected, and type a well thought-out response. It will garner a lot more respect than responding with flustered rage.

And no, just because you happened to lose your cool here doesn't mean it's all over for you on this forum, or whatever it was you were saying. Everyone says shit they regret, both online and off. I've done it myself. Just cut your losses, move on, and learn from your mistakes. Good day.

Old Post 05-08-13 22:13
Caffeine Freak is offline Profile || Click here to Send Caffeine Freak a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AlekTheNerd
Mini-Member

GreyGhost said:
How about here to LordHavoc, here to kristus and here to Gez.

The first example, I wasn't deliberately assish, and I actually don't really see how one could be offended by that, the second example, I will admit that I actually was sort of assish, and the third was just me joking, though I can frankly see how one could be offended by that.

Caffeine Freak said:
I think ATK initially became very defensive over exp(x)'s allegation that he was entitled, since it probably seemed to him like it came completely out of left field. From there, it just escalated, as he probably felt like he had to defend himself against most of the people in the thread.

This also pretty much explains why I was so pissed.

Old Post 05-09-13 01:23