User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Do you think you could win in a fight against Doomguy?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:58.   
Platinum Shell
Forum Regular

Stupid topic I know, just as it says. He's got no armor, and only his fists. He still has his Usain legs, though.

Personally, I think it would be a tie for me. Since he's supposed to be YOU.

Do you think you could take on the berserker packin' man-and-a-half? His punches do the same damage as a bullet.

Old Post 06-09-13 00:54
Platinum Shell is offline Profile || Click here to Send Platinum Shell a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
darkreaver

get outta here

Old Post 06-09-13 01:00
darkreaver is offline Profile || Click here to Send darkreaver a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dew
experts

Platinum Shell said:
He's got no armor, and only his fists. He still has his Usain legs, though.

yeah, while i shoot laser beams from my eyes and my skin is kevlar. are you having a sugar rush?

Old Post 06-09-13 01:12
dew is offline Profile || Click here to Send dew a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

He'd just run away on his BFG scooter, that's how afraid he would be of me.

Old Post 06-09-13 01:42
Maes is offline Profile || Click here to Send Maes a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Platinum Shell
Forum Regular

dew said:

yeah, while i shoot laser beams from my eyes and my skin is kevlar. are you having a sugar rush?

No, I'm just legitimately wondering. Cmon dude, we all wonder stupid shit from time to time. It was a little bit of a community observation on it's masculinity decision making when it comes to physical confrontation. Particularly Darknation's stance.

Old Post 06-09-13 02:24
Platinum Shell is offline Profile || Click here to Send Platinum Shell a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Remiel

http://i.imgur.com/3QwxzlM.gif

Old Post 06-09-13 03:56
Remiel is offline Profile || Click here to Send Remiel a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pavera

nope

Old Post 06-09-13 03:57
Pavera is offline Profile || Click here to Send Pavera a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BloodyAcid

Not a chance. IF he were 1:1 my athletic abilities, I'd probably still lose considering his 9999 hours of experiences in combat ripping monsters to shreds.

Old Post 06-09-13 04:03
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Click here to Send BloodyAcid a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Platinum Shell said:
Do you think you could take on the berserker packin' man-and-a-half?
No problem, if he's using vanilla engine AI and I get to pick the battleground.

Old Post 06-09-13 04:23
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Click here to Send GreyGhost a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

“No! I must kill the Doomguy” he shouted
The radio said “No, Platinum Shell. You are the Doomguy”

And then Platinum Shell was a marine.

Old Post 06-09-13 06:29
Obsidian is offline Profile || Click here to Send Obsidian a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
EvilNed

In his eyes, I'd be just another zombieman. Sans the gun.

Old Post 06-09-13 09:23
EvilNed is offline Profile || Click here to Send EvilNed a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

Edit: Removed.

Last edited by Avoozl on 06-09-13 at 14:36

Old Post 06-09-13 09:59
Avoozl is offline Profile || Click here to Send Avoozl a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

In multiplayer, possible.

Old Post 06-09-13 10:19
printz is online now Profile || Click here to Send printz a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez

Are we talking vanilla Doomguy here? Without his gun? I'd jump on something to get out of reach. I might not win the fight this way, but at least I'd get a draw.

Old Post 06-09-13 10:19
Gez is online now Profile || Click here to Send Gez a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hex11

All you gotta do to kill doomguy is trap him between some impassable things and a fast crusher (you can navigate between the things, he has to go through the crusher). Or just lure him to an inescapable pit (with or without damaging floor) and then you just climb out while he's stuck there forerever.

Old Post 06-09-13 10:22
hex11 is offline Profile || Click here to Send hex11 a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez

Get behind an anthill. Each of the ants is infinitely tall to him, so he cannot cross.

Dive in a pool. Doomguy is Jesus, so he walks on water without sinking. He won't be able to reach you. (You might need some SCUBA gear however, because he might be waiting for you to surface.) Get something to hit him in the legs while he stands over you.

Climb on a tree or something. He cannot look up, so he won't see you.

Old Post 06-09-13 10:29
Gez is online now Profile || Click here to Send Gez a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jimi

Maybe it would end in a tie.

Old Post 06-09-13 11:12
Jimi is online now Profile || Click here to Send Jimi a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

According to this absurdity, Master Chief is the superior warrior to Doomguy:-

Therefore, I just need to form an allegiance with Chief beforehand.

Old Post 06-09-13 11:14
DoomUK is offline Profile || Click here to Send DoomUK a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

If the chief had to use Doomguy's same type of armor then he would most likely lose, but the demons are much more tougher than any foe the Chief has ever fought I'd guess.

Old Post 06-09-13 14:38
Avoozl is offline Profile || Click here to Send Avoozl a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
scalliano
This door is opened elsewhere...

DoomUK said:
According to this absurdity, Master Chief is the superior warrior to Doomguy.

Teabag joke takes priority over any truly objective analysis.

Old Post 06-09-13 15:09
scalliano is offline Profile || Click here to Send scalliano a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doomkid

To really answer this question accurately, we must take a deep look into Doomguy's psyche. He spends nearly 100% of his time slaughtering demons, when he isn't goofing around in Doom Center or some Terrywad. We, on the other hand, take the time out to make dumb posts on a game website. I think that alone answers who would win in any kind of brawl.

DoomUK said:
According to this absurdity, Master Chief is the superior warrior to Doomguy:-

http://www.doomworld.com/vbmisc/qvid.png

Therefore, I just need to form an allegiance with Chief beforehand.

Doomguy would absolutely RAPE M.C.... Seriously. It would be a merciless rape. Whoever made the video knows jack shit about overshields and the BFG cone, among many, many other things. DG could use speed if nothing else, but the fact of the matter is he also has great firepower and defense to back it up. Literally the one advantage MC has is his high jump and perhaps long range scoping.

Unless we're going by storyline - Doomguy is just a human and Cheif is a spartan. That's like putting a human against a super saiyan or something, which is just dumb as hell.

[/rant]

Old Post 06-09-13 15:17
Doomkid is online now Profile || Click here to Send Doomkid a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BaronOfStuff

Doomkid92 said:

Doomguy would absolutely RAPE M.C.... Seriously. It would be a merciless rape. Whoever made the video knows jack shit about overshields and the BFG cone, among many, many other things.

Doomguy runs off a ledge and down a hole. Master Chief follows. Doomguy wins before either of them even hit the floor.

Old Post 06-16-13 16:25
BaronOfStuff is offline Profile || Click here to Send BaronOfStuff a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BloodyAcid

BaronOfStuff said:
Doomguy runs off a ledge and down a hole. Master Chief follows. Doomguy wins before either of them even hit the floor.
rofl

Old Post 06-16-13 16:46
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Click here to Send BloodyAcid a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote