User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Master levels For Chocolate Doom

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:09.   
theserbiandoomer
Warming Up

Im trying to get master levels to work with chocolate doom but i cant find the IWAD anywhere on the internet. Im getting the actuall dos version. Dont get me wring i love the dos version, but I want to get it for chocolate doom.

Old Post 07-15-13 20:33
theserbiandoomer is offline Profile || Click here to Send theserbiandoomer a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vorpal

the iwad you have for the dos version is it. It's the data (sounds, graphics, levels, etc.) that the executable of your choice calls upon in order to run.

Old Post 07-15-13 20:41
Vorpal is offline Profile || Click here to Send Vorpal a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quasar

Master Levels is not an IWAD, and buying Master Levels doesn't entitle you to own the DOOM II IWAD that is required to play them. Master Levels is an "expansion pack" for DOOM II, if you feel comfortable calling a collection of 20 loose levels a "pack" anyway. Sorry if you misunderstood what you were getting.

Old Post 07-15-13 21:28
Quasar is offline Profile || Click here to Send Quasar a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
theserbiandoomer
Warming Up

Quasar said:
Master Levels is not an IWAD, and buying Master Levels doesn't entitle you to own the DOOM II IWAD that is required to play them. Master Levels is an "expansion pack" for DOOM II, if you feel comfortable calling a collection of 20 loose levels a "pack" anyway. Sorry if you misunderstood what you were getting.

I just downloaded it off a website so its not like i wasted any money lol.

Old Post 07-15-13 23:05
theserbiandoomer is offline Profile || Click here to Send theserbiandoomer a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
theserbiandoomer
Warming Up

Vorpal said:
the iwad you have for the dos version is it. It's the data (sounds, graphics, levels, etc.) that the executable of your choice calls upon in order to run.

So how would I get it to run with chocolate doom? Do I have to make a batch file for every level?

Old Post 07-15-13 23:06
Vorpal

It's a bit tricky with Chocolate Doom, seeing as how it is so very different from vanilla Doom, but basically what you do is

Old Post 07-15-13 23:26
Vorpal is offline Profile || Click here to Send Vorpal a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MP2E

I highly doubt anyone is going to help you pirate our favorite game. I personally have purchased all of the DooMs multiple times. Either buy it on stream for 10$ or wait until it goes on sale(it sometimes goes for 99 cents around Christmas). If you can't put aside a dollar for Doom then maybe you shouldn't be playing.

That being said, you invoke chocolate-doom with: chocolate-doom.exe -iwad C:/Path/To/Doom2.wad -file C:/Path/to/master levels/attack.wad -warp 01. I recommend using Eternity Engine because of it's menu system for the master levels

Last edited by MP2E on 07-16-13 at 04:05

Old Post 07-16-13 03:38
MP2E is offline Profile || Click here to Send MP2E a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Creaphis
I will deliberately take a contrary position just for the sake of writing incredibly long arguments

Simplest way possible:

Buy Doom 2 off steam. Search your computer for "Doom2.wad". Drag that file into your Chocolate Doom folder, along with all of the master levels. Make a shortcut to Chocolate Doom, right-click it, click "properties." Find the "target" box, and add " -file attack.wad" at the end. Click "OK". Double-click the shortcut.

Old Post 07-16-13 04:41
Creaphis is offline Profile || Click here to Send Creaphis a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
chungy

You don't even need to copy the file out of Steam, Chocolate Doom fully detects the path to the IWAD installed by Steam.

Old Post 07-16-13 07:43
chungy is offline Profile || Click here to Send chungy a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian

theserbiandoomer said:

I just downloaded it off a website so its not like i wasted any money lol.

John Romero is going to make you his bitch.

Old Post 07-16-13 08:02
Obsidian is offline Profile || Click here to Send Obsidian a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

If you buy the Master Levels on Steam, you'll get the necessary IWAD with them.

Old Post 07-16-13 08:44
Gez is offline Profile || Click here to Send Gez a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

Someone has to make a PWAD called: "John Romero: the making of the bitch" where there's a factory run by John Romero where he REALLY MAKES bitches, as in, he actually MANUFACTURES them. That would be awesome like a Falcon Punch.

Old Post 07-16-13 08:46
Maes is offline Profile || Click here to Send Maes a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian

Maes said:
Someone has to make a PWAD called: "John Romero: the making of the bitch" where there's a factory run by John Romero where he REALLY MAKES bitches, as in, he actually MANUFACTURES them. That would be awesome like a Falcon Punch.

This might be just me, but whenever I see caps in a Maes post I always presume they're the words forced and painful...sorry, FORCED and PAINFUL. ;P

Old Post 07-16-13 09:38
Obsidian is offline Profile || Click here to Send Obsidian a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

OK, John Romero's FORCED and PAINFUL making of the bitch factory, then.

Old Post 07-16-13 11:29
Maes is offline Profile || Click here to Send Maes a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote