User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Idiot thinks Doom was made in 2001

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:30.   
Doomtodeath
Mini-Member

LOL My friend told me about an idiot cousin who thinks that doom was made in 2001 and he thinks that the movie was made in the 90's!

I laughed my ass off, Did you too?

Old Post 07-22-13 13:31
Doomtodeath is offline Profile || Click here to Send Doomtodeath a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jayextee
Darth Jrrr

Not really. I'm used to idiots -- some even think that it's possible for a videogame to be better than Doom. Impossible, I say.

Old Post 07-22-13 13:33
Jayextee is offline Profile || Click here to Send Jayextee a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

This is the best thread I have ever seen.

Old Post 07-22-13 14:08
Shaviro is offline Profile || Click here to Send Shaviro a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
buttspit

A few months ago, some guy said "I remember Doom, where everything is like 1 pixel."

Old Post 07-22-13 14:18
buttspit is offline Profile || Click here to Send buttspit a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

that sure is a funny story you've got there about some guy who didn't know something

Old Post 07-22-13 17:38
fraggle is offline Profile || Click here to Send fraggle a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
buttspit

fraggle said:
that sure is a funny story you've got there about some guy who didn't know something

Yup. Some interesting conversation in an anatomy lab while identifying face muscles on a cadaver head.

Old Post 07-22-13 17:59
buttspit is offline Profile || Click here to Send buttspit a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geo
Forum Staple

Idiots make Meatboy look like its from 1994.

Old Post 07-22-13 18:07
geo is offline Profile || Click here to Send geo a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gggmork
If you can make any sense of this post, congratulations

Doom was made in the year 2033 by highly evolved transhumanists, then it was sent back in time as a psychological weapon to cause mass shootings to plant a seed to destroy morale in the faction of humans that refused cyborg implants who were waging war against them.

Old Post 07-22-13 18:50
gggmork is offline Profile || Click here to Send gggmork a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pavera

Wow what a fucking idiot who doesn't even know anything about doom!!

Old Post 07-22-13 19:08
Pavera is offline Profile || Click here to Send Pavera a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kontra Kommando
Let's attack aggressively

I'm sure this friend's cousin of yours would have his world shattered when he realizes it would only take a simple google search to refute his thread-worthy, unforgivable error!

Shaviro said:
This is the best thread I have ever seen.

On any forum, EVER!

Old Post 07-22-13 19:18
Kontra Kommando is offline Profile || Click here to Send Kontra Kommando a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doomtodeath
Mini-Member

I have the feeling this topic is gonna go to post hell...

Old Post 07-22-13 19:27
Doomtodeath is offline Profile || Click here to Send Doomtodeath a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Marnetmar
Forum Staple

I can see somebody thinking Doom 3 was released in 2001, especially considering that id had started showing it off that year.

Old Post 07-22-13 20:49
Marnetmar is offline Profile || Click here to Send Marnetmar a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Caffeine Freak
black and shiny

After careful consideration, I am compelled to award this thread with 3 out of 5 Red Bulls.

Old Post 07-22-13 21:16
Caffeine Freak is offline Profile || Click here to Send Caffeine Freak a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

Next thing, people will start thinking that Bill Gates and Steve Jobs invented computers and the Internet.

Caffeine Freak said:
After careful consideration, I am compelled to award this thread with 3 out of 5 Red Bulls.

How about awarding it a single bottle of macho, Pit Bull energy drink from Bulgaria? 1.5 liters of undeniable Bulgarian "machoslav" appeal for Eur. 1.59

http://img.21food.com/20110609/product/1305020334890.jpg

Last edited by Maes on 07-22-13 at 21:37

Old Post 07-22-13 21:29
Maes is offline Profile || Click here to Send Maes a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doomtodeath
Mini-Member

Maes said:
Next thing, people will start thinking that Bill Gates and Steve Jobs invented computers and the Internet.

How about awarding it a single bottle of macho, Pit Bull energy drink from Bulgaria? 1.5 liters of undeniable Bulgarian "machoslav" appeal for Eur. 1.59

http://www.doomworld.com/vbmisc/qimg.gif

Yes please! <3

Old Post 07-22-13 21:44
Technician
Still no custom title

buttspit said:
Yup. Some interesting conversation in an anatomy lab while identifying face muscles on a cadaver head.
Can you keep the skull?

Old Post 07-22-13 21:46
Technician is offline Profile || Click here to Send Technician a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

How do you know it wasn't made in 2001? You can't go back in time and disprove that. You just have faith in Wikipedia or whatever other sources claim that Doom was made in 1993.

Old Post 07-22-13 22:03
Memfis is online now Profile || Click here to Send Memfis a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doomtodeath
Mini-Member

Memfis said:
How do you know it wasn't made in 2001? You can't go back in time and disprove that. You just have faith in Wikipedia or whatever other sources claim that Doom was made in 1993.

Is this some kind of joke?

Old Post 07-22-13 22:12
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

Doomtodeath, I am your cousin.
Together we can play Doom from 2001. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Old Post 07-22-13 22:17
Shaviro is offline Profile || Click here to Send Shaviro a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doomtodeath
Mini-Member

Shaviro said:
Doomtodeath, I am your cousin.
Together we can play Doom from 2001. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Old Post 07-22-13 22:20
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

Joke's on you. Doom 2 was made in 1994 while Doom 1 was made in 2001.
Little known fact.

Old Post 07-22-13 22:23
Doomtodeath
Mini-Member

Shaviro said:
Joke's on you. Doom 2 was made in 1994 while Doom 1 was made in 2001.
Little known fact.

*brain explodes*

Old Post 07-22-13 22:24
buttspit

Technician said:
Can you keep the skull?

Nope, but I wouldn't want to take anything from there; the preservative smell is almost worse than a rotting corpse smell. Still, not surprised if some people smuggled ribs/vertebrae/jawbones out of there.

Old Post 07-22-13 22:26
Maes
I like big butts!

Shaviro is so full of epic win that I want to marry him and have his babies.

Old Post 07-22-13 22:29
Maes is offline Profile || Click here to Send Maes a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

What a story, Mark!

Old Post 07-22-13 22:36