User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > SNES Doom cheat menu
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:04.   
the_bookman
Warming Up

I would like to know the code to unlock the cheat menu for the SNES version of Doom. Can anyone provide me with th steps to unlock this?

Im not looking for any pro action reply codes or anything of the like.

Now, if such cheat codes do not exist for SNES version of Doom, I want proof that they dont exist. Dont just say "well if the snes version of doom had them, they would have been discovered by now".

Old Post 07-23-13 21:31
the_bookman is offline Profile || Click here to Send the_bookman a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Job
Forum Legend

They don't exist. I used to own and play this version all the time. The accompanying strategy guide explicitly states there are no codes available for SNES Doom, and that's proof enough for me.

Old Post 07-23-13 22:30
Job is offline Profile || Click here to Send Job a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
buttspit

the_bookman said:
Now, if such cheat codes do not exist for SNES version of Doom, I want proof that they dont exist. Dont just say "well if the snes version of doom had them, they would have been discovered by now".

Well, that is true. If there were codes for a game like this, they would have been discovered by now.

Old Post 07-24-13 04:03
buttspit is offline Profile || Click here to Send buttspit a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Du Mhan Yhu

There are no cheats for this game.

There are however, glitches:

http://codebook.potchgult.com/DOOM%20(snes).html

Old Post 07-24-13 16:58
Du Mhan Yhu is offline Profile || Click here to Send Du Mhan Yhu a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
buttspit

Du Mhan Yhu said:
There are no cheats for this game.

There are however, glitches:

http://codebook.potchgult.com/DOOM%20(snes).html

The second trick on that page is not even a trick or glitch. Plus it's pretty inaccurate. Doesn't take you "2 levels ahead"; it's the access to the secret level from Refinery on SNES Doom since this version lacks Command Center. But without pressing a switch in another area beforehand, there's no point in even looking for the secret exit.

Old Post 07-24-13 18:01
buttspit is offline Profile || Click here to Send buttspit a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
the_bookman
Warming Up

Im seeing a lot of posts of people saying there are not cheats here. Ok, where's your proof? Just parroting what someone else says doesnt make it true.

Proof would be a quote from one of the developers saying no cheats exist. If you dont have that, then claiming there are no cheats is a baseless claim.

Old Post 07-24-13 22:07
the_bookman is offline Profile || Click here to Send the_bookman a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jayextee
Darth Jrrr

the_bookman said:

Proof would be a quote from one of the developers saying no cheats exist. If you dont have that, then claiming there are no cheats is a baseless claim.

Proof would also be a disassembly or similar.

Old Post 07-24-13 22:16
Jayextee is offline Profile || Click here to Send Jayextee a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Platinum Shell
Forum Regular

the_bookman said:
Im seeing a lot of posts of people saying there are not cheats here. Ok, where's your proof? Just parroting what someone else says doesnt make it true.

Stop whining. If you believe they exist so much, then why don't you try harder to find them?

Old Post 07-24-13 22:46
Platinum Shell is offline Profile || Click here to Send Platinum Shell a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Job
Forum Legend

the_bookman said:

Your implication that because no one has tangible proof to present you that there are no cheats in SNES Doom, so therefore they must exist, is a flawed {Cartesian, perhaps) premise on your part. There is no indication that cheats do, or have ever, existed for SNES Doom. But if you can find them, or get a developer to respond to the contrary, I will just have to eat crow.

Old Post 07-24-13 22:48
Job is offline Profile || Click here to Send Job a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
the_bookman
Warming Up

Everyone should take note that the developers of SNES Doom did put the hidden credits easter egg in the game. Easter eggs obviously were considered when they made the game. Why not cheats? Its a Doom game after all.

Old Post 07-25-13 00:25
Platinum Shell
Forum Regular

I like how you keep responding as if we're hiding it from you. Which we are.

Old Post 07-25-13 00:27
Platinum Shell is offline Profile || Click here to Send Platinum Shell a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
buttspit

the_bookman said:

If you're willing to dig through the game's data and find cheats that nobody else has found, go ahead. Otherwise stop complaining about it.

If you actually found a cheat that nobody else has, drop the act and simply post it.

I like how your OP reads "the cheat menu", as if you know for sure the game definitely has one.

Last edited by buttspit on 07-25-13 at 02:02

Old Post 07-25-13 01:54
Coopersville
Supreme Gentleman

A special used Blockbuster copy that I bought has functioning cheat codes written in the manual. If I didn't suddenly know this was valuable information, I'd probably share it.

Old Post 07-25-13 18:24
Coopersville is offline Profile || Click here to Send Coopersville a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BaronOfStuff

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/6758/a5cr.png

I can't believe that nobody else has found this. Are you guys even trying?

Old Post 07-25-13 18:48
BaronOfStuff is online now Profile || Click here to Send BaronOfStuff a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Job
Forum Legend

Damn, where's the crow at? Time to eat up. :/

Old Post 07-25-13 19:28
DoOmEr4LiFe
DoOm TiL dEaTh

There are no SNES Doom cheats. My proof is that Googling "SNES Doom cheats" yields nothing except Game Genie codes and the aforementioned bugs/glitches.

However, burden of proof lies on the claim that something is there. Rather than have us prove to you that they aren't there, you should have to prove to us that they are.

Old Post 07-25-13 20:03
DoOmEr4LiFe is offline Profile || Click here to Send DoOmEr4LiFe a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jayextee
Darth Jrrr

I bet you can't prove God exists. Until you can speak to God himself and have him tell you that he doesn't exist, you're wrong.

Old Post 07-25-13 20:11
Jayextee is offline Profile || Click here to Send Jayextee a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Job
Forum Legend

DoOmEr4LiFe said:
There are no SNES Doom cheats. My proof is that Googling "SNES Doom cheats" yields nothing except Game Genie codes and the aforementioned bugs/glitches.
This. I once played the ROM (I own the cartridge) and tried to use the emulator's Game Genie feature. SNES Doom actually hates cheats so much, not one of the codes I entered worked. I actually recall a pixelated message of "Fuck you, you cheating bastard! <3 the guys at Williams". SNES Doom is a game that belongs to the honest, hardworking proletariat class. No cheats? No problem.

I then beat the game legitimately, flipped off the carcass of the spider mastermind, deleted the ROM and moved on with my life.

Old Post 07-25-13 21:03
buttspit

Job said:
This. I once played the ROM (I own the cartridge) and tried to use the emulator's Game Genie feature. SNES Doom actually hates cheats so much, not one of the codes I entered worked. I actually recall a pixelated message of "Fuck you, you cheating bastard! <3 the guys at Williams". SNES Doom is a game that belongs to the honest, hardworking proletariat class. No cheats? No problem.

I then beat the game legitimately, flipped off the carcass of the spider mastermind, deleted the ROM and moved on with my life.

Yeah, I get similar "SNES Doom phenomena", what I call it. The damn Game Genie and PAR codes only seem to work half the time, with one of them almost never working.

Old Post 07-25-13 23:48
Antroid

I remember trying some cheat-like feature of ZSNES in the snes doom, which consisted of finding a specific memory adress and freezing it forever. I think I was trying to freeze either ammo or health, but either way, I found only one memory adress that corresponded to the value of that parameter, and when I froze it, I found out that it was the value for the HUD number and not the actual parameter itself, because while the HUD's numbers stayed the same I could still run out of ammo (or die, depends on which parameter I was actually checking - again, can't really remember).

But yeah "prove to me that something does not exist" is an extremely stupid sentiment.

Old Post 07-26-13 00:44
Antroid is offline Profile || Click here to Send Antroid a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
the_bookman
Warming Up

Im still seeing just about every poster on this thread insist they some how magically know no cheats exists for the game. And at the same time they provide no proof and will admit theyhave no proof.

Gee, maybe the reason cheats havent been found yet is because everyone keeps thinking "well theres no cheats because some other guy said there are none" and so no one has bothered to try finding them.

The only people who can say there are no cheats, and be credible are the developers.

Old Post 07-26-13 04:50
WildWeasel
Resident Castlevania Super-Fanboy

I don't think that's how the burden of proof works, dude.

Old Post 07-26-13 05:01
WildWeasel is offline Profile || Click here to Send WildWeasel a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BloodyAcid

the_bookman said:
The only people who can say there are no cheats, and be credible are the developers.
Not people who've dissected the ROM?

Old Post 07-26-13 05:09
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Click here to Send BloodyAcid a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
the_bookman
Warming Up

Its not like you would know how proof works anyway, you probably subscribe with conviction that no cheats exist with out a shred of proof, am I rite?

Old Post 07-26-13 05:11
WildWeasel

the_bookman said:
Its not like you would know how proof works anyway, you probably subscribe with conviction that no cheats exist with out a shred of proof, am I rite?

I didn't say "proof," I said "burden of proof." In all honesty, if the entire Doom community and even these guys haven't found it, I think the burden of proof lay instead on someone managing to prove that there are cheats, not that there aren't. Ergo, quit being so stubborn.

Old Post 07-26-13 05:24
WildWeasel is offline Profile || Click here to Send WildWeasel a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BloodyAcid

the_bookman said:
How are we supposed to know if you're a body of customary observances characteristic of a church or not?

If communities and years of examining the doom games yielded no results, and even this couldn't find one, then I doubt there's one. Yet the legitimacy of such claims are refuted simply because there's no "official" statement proclaiming the glorious absence of such assistance for your needs. Why don't you try to contact some of the developers for the game and ponder them your question? I'm sure that method would work better, and provide the definitive, concrete results you've wanted instead of listening to us bicker about "baseless claims."

Last edited by BloodyAcid on 07-26-13 at 05:35

Old Post 07-26-13 05:30
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Click here to Send BloodyAcid a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
the_bookman
Warming Up

WildWeasel said:

I didn't say "proof," I said "burden of proof." In all honesty, if the entire Doom community and even these guys haven't found it, I think the burden of proof lay instead on someone managing to prove that there are cheats, not that there aren't. Ergo, quit being so stubborn.

So because some guy found an easter egg that was meant to be easy to find in the doom ROM and a bunch of people on an internet forum havent found any cheats, then that means by default there are not cheats? wtf

Old Post 07-26-13 05:34
WildWeasel

the_bookman said:
So because some guy found an easter egg that was meant to be easy to find in the doom ROM and a bunch of people on an internet forum havent found any cheats, then that means by default there are not cheats? wtf

Again, that is not what I'm saying. If you can't be bothered to read my entire post, then I see no reason to continue talking to you.

Old Post 07-26-13 05:36
BaronOfStuff

Awww diddums. You so badly want there to be a cheat menu, but unfortunately for you there simply isn't one.

Ah well, suck it down and try troll cry harder next time.

Old Post 07-26-13 05:37
BaronOfStuff is online now Profile || Click here to Send BaronOfStuff a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BloodyAcid

BaronOfStuff said:
there simply isn't one.

WAREZ UR PRUF????

Old Post 07-26-13 05:39