User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > IPX multiplayer doom problems wired to wireless?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:07.   
pcm2a

I am trying to set up a real deal vintage doom multiplayer game. No dosbox, no Windows XP/7/8 with VirtualBox.

I have two 486 computers connected to one router with a hard wire, with Windows 3.11 WFW, both also have TCP/IP32 and IPX connectivity.

I have two 486 computers connected to the same router wirelessly, with Windows 95, both also have TCP/IP32 and IPX connectivity.

The two wireless computers can play an IPX doom game.
The two wired computers can play an IPX doom game.
The wired computers cannot see the wireless or vice versa.
All computers can ping each other without issue, they are connected.

Any ideas why IPX from wired to wireless is failing?

Old Post 07-24-13 23:38
pcm2a is offline Profile || Click here to Send pcm2a a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Your wireless machines are probably using IPX over Ethernet to communicate, see if you can configure the other pair to work that way.

Old Post 07-27-13 12:16
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Click here to Send GreyGhost a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bloodshedder
Spellchecker

Why did you post basically the same thread again?

Old Post 07-27-13 18:10
Bloodshedder is offline Profile || Click here to Send Bloodshedder a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote