User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Project 115: Hopping the Fence [eviscerated; now hardedge.org discussion]
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:53.   
BloodyAcid

Please stop posting in third person, Fabysk.

Unknownlag said:
Wow, this got me shocked! It's not because fabysk's mod sucked, but how you treated him on his first published Doom wad.
Why would someone's first mod warrant a website, facebook page, reddit, wikia and several threads? You admitted that it's his first project, and one that is not so good.

Unknownlag said:
I thought it was a really great wad for a starter. Fabysk, you did an incredible job in the ACS of the last mission. Very impressive that you had implemented two endings to your wad. Escially the ending where the evil voice was actually Richtoffen. It got me thinking a lot. Good job on your first wad. 
If by ACS you meant ripping others' works without credits and alternating between print, delay and camera/fade transitions, then the ACS ability might not be all that amazing. Nowhere does the author say anything about this being his first mod. It's hard to discern original material to lifted/edited things from others with the lack of credits.

Unknownlag said:
And as of you other people, why do you treat him like this. After reading his reddit post, he literally almost quit because of you guys. I feel so bad for Fabysk now. What kind of pricks are you people. Criticizing a wad that you have never completed. 
Why should I be compelled to finish something that is completely intolerable (to me, can't speak for the others) and lacks the quality to play? I commented using my own experience, but what authority do I have? I'm just another member passing their own opinion. Stop complimenting yourself, please.

Unknownlag said:
And for the record, Doomworld wad/mod reviewers just want flawless work. Why didnt you guys go easy on Fabysk. This gets me disappointed of how you assholes treated him.
Please read my response to Chubz.

reference links for anyone interested
0: http://nr.reddit.com/user/Fabysk
1: http://nr.reddit.com/r/project115/
2: http://project115.wikia.com/wiki/Project115_Wiki
edit: 3: http://nr.reddit.com/r/Doom/comment...ye_project_115/

In other cases, I will only make another Doom wad that the community wants. If people here want me to help them contribute a wad, I will gladly help out since I have an amazing experience in ACS. Second, I will no longer to Doomworld ever again. Posting about my mod there was a HUGE mistake. I regret posting there. Here's a tip for everyone. If you plan to post your wad to get Doomers to play, DO NOT go to Doomworld. They will crush you for one tiny mistake like misspelling a print script. Thats how I felt afterwards.
Please, show me this "community", or "people" you speak of.

chubz said:
<audio clipping>
Again, disclaimer here that I can't speak for others, so this is a personal reaction. I will respond to the audio file that you have made specifically towards me.

My main negative and blunt reaction to this mod was the overblown advertisement. I've no personal grudge against the author

"happy face thing"
The happy face was a joke, and was never anything serious. The me posting on facebook ordeal was a joke, and having tacked it onto the previous section had left a bad connotation - especially coming off the earlier post. There was no genuine animosity for that, and was not intended to be taken literally.

However, as mentioned earlier, none of this was an intended attack on the author, or his ideals in his grand vision. I was disgusted by the overhyping (mind you this is a personal preference) - followed by what was ripping off others' content and pasting from commercialized material. Looking back now, the wording I used - "ego" "loser", was harsh, and unnecessary, but ironically it works now (not at the time of the posts) for Fabysk's need to open a second account.

Even so, I agree with your notion, that I had stepped too far into this, and made inappropriate comments following the first 2. The other stuff I've said is agreeably negative. I do apologize for my actions, but I have no intentions on erasing it to atone.

I don't intend to use any "status" or "past authority" as an excuse to attack someone, and the notion of doing so has never crossed my mind. I've had my share of forum drama from way back when (on the Skulltag forums) from shitty mapping. I admit; I stepped out of line and commented poorly. For that, I apologize, but on the contrary, I am willing to help new mappers (if they want it) - this project did not seem like the type to do so simply because, again, and again, of the overhyping promoting expandable "DLC".

Btw, these threads are not 'standard', and will NOT become 'standard', unless everyone starts creating pages left and right for their mods.

On another note, Essel noted that this new member coincidentally shares the same ip addreess/email as Fabysk themself, prompting me to ask again, why won't he respond to me directly? He wrote up responses on his wikia/reddit page, and reposted it here under another alias to add another member on "his side", so to say.

Link here. This is even more of what I am horrified by: creating an alternate account simply to nominate your own project and defend yourself as 2 people.

Last edited by BloodyAcid on 08-27-13 at 06:48

Old Post 08-27-13 06:08
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Click here to Send BloodyAcid a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Unknownlag said:
What kind of pricks are you people. Criticizing a wad that you have never completed. And for the record, Doomworld wad/mod reviewers just want flawless work. Why didnt you guys go easy on Fabysk. This gets me disappointed of how you assholes treated him.
We have standards. A "flawless work" would be appreciated, but this being the real world most of us will settle for "competently done". What tends to grind many member's gears is the flagrant recycling of other people's work (especially recognisable stuff like IWAD maps) without acknowledgement or attribution.

esselfortium said:
By some strange coincidence, you and Fabysk share the same IP address.
A sockpuppet. Can't say the thought hadn't crossed my mind while reading his post.

Old Post 08-27-13 06:10
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Click here to Send GreyGhost a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Snakes

esselfortium said:

By some strange coincidence, you and Fabysk share the same IP address. Surely this is completely unrelated to the fact that your only posts on Doomworld using this account are to nominate your own wad for a Cacoward and to call the Doomworld community meanies.

Presumably also unrelated is the fact that your email address used to register Unknownlag is "project115fabysk@gmail.com".

But essel, Unknownlag gave this project 8/10. Surely you can't accuse any funny business on a rating of less than 9.5!

Old Post 08-27-13 06:10
Snakes is offline Profile || Click here to Send Snakes a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Bucket said:
These are my favorite kinds of threads.
It's starting to remind me of another thread, which I can't find right now. I'm waiting for a 12 year old schoolgirl to claim authorship of the maps.

Old Post 08-27-13 07:12
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Click here to Send GreyGhost a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

Needs more 5 element Jews. :P

Old Post 08-27-13 07:30
Obsidian is offline Profile || Click here to Send Obsidian a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fisk
Forum Regular

You know, just because everyone is giving this mod flack, I decided to download it. Now don't call me devil's advocate, I knew what I was expecting and this mod didn't disappoint. I start the game and immediately my ears are raped with the depressing drone of a modern shooter -- wait, I've heard that before, surely, during the 210 hours I have logged on Black Ops 2 on Steam I've heard this music before. But where? I guess I'll never know.

74MB of MP3s that range in quality from "straight from the source" to "I held a playschool tape recorder up to the TV while my Xbox plays the game", and about 1MB of actual "maps". I'll get to this a little later in this post.

Now, I decided on a whim to play Zombies, because I have absolutely no faith already that you've ever made a map in your life prior to making this mod, Fabylisk or whatever the fuck your name is (too lazy; don't care). I didn't secretly hope I would have an enjoyable experience, I didn't expect a hidden gem inside a pile of dog shit. There were no false pretenses here; I expected to be shocked half to death by this mod's shit factor.

I picked Zombies and was taken to a "world map" (by "world map" I mean a big square LAVA1 sector and some flat COMPBLUE sectors that I guess represent the Earth), and picked my map. I was treated to a thirty second "LOADING..." screen. What? Loading? For what? I have a 660 Ti, an i5, and 8 gigs of DDR3-1333, and I'm getting skullfucked by shitty Black Ops 2 music and a damn loading screen. And you know what? The loading screen doesn't do jack shit. It just pastes a hud message on the screen and sits me in a square sector with 0 brightness for literally thirty seconds.

And finally, after all that waiting, this is what I found.

Is this map finished? Can I call it a map? No, fuck this. I'm done. I'm so done. It's obvious you're trying to ride the Call of Duty hypewagon right up my ass with this crap, but I digress, I expected no better. Good night.

Old Post 08-27-13 07:33
Fisk is offline Profile || Click here to Send Fisk a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Marcaek

Bottom line is: don't take someone else's maps, slap some scripted scenes and effects on it and then hype it up like it's the second coming. If you want to contribute to the community, lose the ego and get some practice like all the other mappers and modders that put time and effort into making their creations worth playing.

Old Post 08-27-13 07:38
Marcaek is online now Profile || Click here to Send Marcaek a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fisk
Forum Regular

Almost forgot, if you actually try to play Zombies, good luck. The code for everything is broken to the point where all you get is stock Doom 2 music (or in MAP31 you get the "you found the secret level" pre-map text too), barren levels, $10 every second on the second for your troubles, and a bunch of angry <!>s that stare at you for eternity. No zombies ever spawn, and you get compensation as if the mod itself turned apologist for being so bad.

Old Post 08-27-13 07:43
Fisk is offline Profile || Click here to Send Fisk a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NoneeLlama

I liked the part when the hero's girlfriend turned into a cyberdemon.

Old Post 08-27-13 11:55
NoneeLlama is offline Profile || Click here to Send NoneeLlama a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote