User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Miley Cyrus VMA crap

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:52.   
GoatLord
I really should think before I post.

I don't follow pop culture fluff. So I had no idea what folks were talking about on Facebook when this whole fiasco was repeatedly mentioned, so of course the only solution was to YouTube it and see what the gossip was about. I didn't find it shocking or offensive. Just really, really embarrassing. Helps to solidify the current attitude that shameless train wrecks make for guaranteed publicity. I'm not a fan of musicians being forced to pander to the attitudes and sensibilities of their demographic, to ensure children that they're positive role models; they ought to be able to do whatever the fuck they want. So that performance being an example of "doing whatever the fuck they want" is more a sign that this generation is incredibly desperate to be provocative than anything else. Thoughts?

Old Post 08-26-13 20:48
GoatLord is offline Profile || Click here to Send GoatLord a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Canofbacon

I always laugh when I see little girls wearing a Hannah Montana shirt. I wonder how they would react if they saw how she is now.

Old Post 08-26-13 21:05
Canofbacon is offline Profile || Click here to Send Canofbacon a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

I don't know any songs in the top 10.

Old Post 08-26-13 21:15
Maes is online now Profile || Click here to Send Maes a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
schwerpunk

I was hoping Doomworld would be free of this gossip, but oh well. I heard about it through reddit, and honestly don't know why anyone would care. I'm guessing the VMAs are for adults, so who gives a fuck? It's similar to when the Harry Potter guy did a part in a play in the nude - although in his case, there's no reason to be embarrassed. But whatever - these people are getting payed to be seen, so there's a market. We just aren't in it.

I will say that, if the intention of the performance was to grab attention, it has succeeded gloriously.

Old Post 08-26-13 21:20
schwerpunk is offline Profile || Click here to Send schwerpunk a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

Miley is desperate to look mature and this is her way of doing it. Her last video was full of sex and drug innuendos.

It's actually more lame than offensive.

Old Post 08-26-13 21:23
Technician is offline Profile || Click here to Send Technician a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Caffeine Freak
black and shiny

As far as being truly shocking or controversial, the last decade has proven to be pretty tame in the music industry. I don't think there's been anyone who stirred up a notable amount of outrage or controversy (in the mainstream music industry) since Eminem, and that was only when he became really popular, well over a decade ago.

People like Lady Gaga have been kind of controversial, but she's just more bizarre than she is provocative or incendiary.

Old Post 08-26-13 21:47
Caffeine Freak is offline Profile || Click here to Send Caffeine Freak a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

GoatLord said:
Thoughts?
There's more interesting things in pop culture, in the news, in the world, in the ... well, period, to discuss. It seems 80+% of the populace thinks her performance was embarrassing/pathetic, though. Ya gotta wonder what's going through the girl's head. I only just saw the video right before you posted this thread.

Old Post 08-26-13 22:43
Hellbent is offline Profile || Click here to Send Hellbent a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

Hellbent said:
Ya gotta wonder what's going through the girl's head.
Cocaine.

Old Post 08-26-13 23:01
Technician is offline Profile || Click here to Send Technician a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Seeker_of_Truth

She's just trying to show people she's not Hannah Montana and is past those days. I didn't see her act at the VMA's, but I did hear it was embarrassing and while there's nothing wrong with that, the media shouldn't be jumping all of it as there are more important things in the world to report.

Old Post 08-26-13 23:18
Seeker_of_Truth is offline Profile || Click here to Send Seeker_of_Truth a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

Technician said:
Cocaine.
Yes. That, or she's gotten a hold of Heisenberg's crystal blue persuasion.

Old Post 08-26-13 23:27
Hellbent is offline Profile || Click here to Send Hellbent a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GoatLord

Yuck, why did I start this thread? Miley Cryus? C'mon.

Old Post 08-26-13 23:37
GoatLord is offline Profile || Click here to Send GoatLord a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bucket
ROCK & LOAD
COCK BEEN BLOWED
IN YOUR MOUTH,
MANJUICE EXPLOAD

Wake me when the sex tape comes out.

Old Post 08-26-13 23:44
Bucket is offline Profile || Click here to Send Bucket a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fellowzdoomer
Banned

GoatLord said:

This line intended for entertainment purposes only.

Old Post 08-27-13 00:19
Fellowzdoomer is offline Profile || Click here to Send Fellowzdoomer a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cannonball

GoatLord said:

Another nail in the coffin for your custom title

Old Post 08-27-13 00:25
cannonball is offline Profile || Click here to Send cannonball a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GoatLord

Not taking my own advice: Story of my life.

Old Post 08-27-13 00:35
Kontra Kommando
Let's attack aggressively

She doesn't even have a proper ass to twerk.

Old Post 08-27-13 00:59
Kontra Kommando is offline Profile || Click here to Send Kontra Kommando a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
buttspit

schwerpunk said:
I was hoping Doomworld would be free of this gossip, but oh well. I heard about it through reddit, and honestly don't know why anyone would care. I'm guessing the VMAs are for adults, so who gives a fuck? It's similar to when the Harry Potter guy did a part in a play in the nude - although in his case, there's no reason to be embarrassed. But whatever - these people are getting payed to be seen, so there's a market. We just aren't in it.

I will say that, if the intention of the performance was to grab attention, it has succeeded gloriously.

Considering Will Smith's kids were there, and several others, I wouldn't say the VMAs are just for adults.

Old Post 08-27-13 01:53
buttspit is offline Profile || Click here to Send buttspit a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Looks like a well choreographed performance with some catchy music, what's all the fuss is about? A girl is acting sexually? This isn't 1800.

Old Post 08-27-13 02:14
Memfis is online now Profile || Click here to Send Memfis a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

Hellbent has scarred my eyes.

Something tells me that happens often around here.

Old Post 08-27-13 02:18
Obsidian is offline Profile || Click here to Send Obsidian a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote