User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Rome II: Total War Receives Generally Favorable Reviews

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:37.   
Kontra Kommando
Let's attack aggressively

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/t.../critic-reviews

I知 almost upset it has good reviews, because now I知 going to shell-out more money on games. The first Rome Total war was awesome, as are most of the games from the total war series. I知 going to download it on steam tonight.

Old Post 09-03-13 14:40
Kontra Kommando is online now Profile || Click here to Send Kontra Kommando a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jodwin
Forum Staple

Kontra Kommando said:
I知 almost upset it has good reviews, because now I知 going to shell-out more money on games.

So you're going to spend your money just because some probably-paid-for reviews are praising a game and then whine about it? Someone who's on fence about it would wait for a few patches and a price drop, but your choice, hub.

Old Post 09-03-13 15:06
Jodwin is offline Profile || Click here to Send Jodwin a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kontra Kommando

Jodwin said:

So you're going to spend your money just because some probably-paid-for reviews are praising a game and then whine about it? Someone who's on fence about it would wait for a few patches and a price drop, but your choice, hub.

I'm not on the fence about it, I'm going to buy it. But that's certainly a cynical way to look at everything.

Old Post 09-03-13 15:22
Kontra Kommando is online now Profile || Click here to Send Kontra Kommando a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Seeker_of_Truth

I've really been looking forward to playing this as I'm a huge fan of the first Rome. It's too bad I don't have a good enough computer to play it though.

Old Post 09-03-13 15:37
Seeker_of_Truth is online now Profile || Click here to Send Seeker_of_Truth a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kontra Kommando

Seeker_of_Truth said:
I've really been looking forward to playing this as I'm a huge fan of the first Rome. It's too bad I don't have a good enough computer to play it though.

I can't wait to see what kind of mods people will create that will add to immersion.

Old Post 09-03-13 16:01
Quast
insert title here

Kontra Kommando said:
But that's certainly a cynical way to look at everything.

Creative assembly are literally among the worst offenders in the modern gaming dlc dept. And Rome 2 has it all, preorder dlc, day 1 dlc, planned future dlc and when its all said and done it'll still have less vanilla content than rome 1 or medieval 2 does, and that not even looking at the fact you probably can't mod rome 2. That alone guarantees I'm not buying it until it's 10-15 bux or less on steam in a few years.

I mean seriously, the greek cities are fucking preorder faction dlc. Come on...

Old Post 09-03-13 23:14
Quast is offline Profile || Click here to Send Quast a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Snakes

Kontra Kommando said:

I can't wait to see what kind of mods people will create that will add to immersion.

Total War series began moving backwards on modability starting with Empire's release. Medieval II is one of my most played games simply on account of the fact that there are at least a dozen good mods out there and 3 or 4 great ones. Keeps me from getting bored.

I'll stick to Rome: Total War I think.

Old Post 09-04-13 01:34
Snakes is offline Profile || Click here to Send Snakes a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kontra Kommando

I give Rome II: Total War an 88 out of a 100, its a good game. I think the interface was better in other TW games, its not as helpful in R2TW.

Last edited by Kontra Kommando on 09-04-13 at 05:53

Old Post 09-04-13 05:42
Jodwin
Forum Staple

Kontra Kommando said:
I give Rome II: Total War an 88 out of a 100, its a good game. I think the interface was better in other TW games, its not as helpful in R2TW.

You're going to rate a strategy game after a day?

Suuuure.

Old Post 09-04-13 08:13
Jodwin is offline Profile || Click here to Send Jodwin a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kontra Kommando

Jodwin said:

You're going to rate a strategy game after a day?

Suuuure.

ACTUALLY, I was paid-off to write a good review for them...

I beat the prologue missions and I'm currently in the middle of a grand campaign, that's where I'm basing my experience from. I know total war games, and this one plays similar to those of the past. Yea, I will only rate it after a day, because I'm not a professional reviewer. This isn't PCGamer, this is a forum dedicated to a totally different game, on an off-topic post. So you can take it, or leave it. But I hope you just leave.

Last edited by Kontra Kommando on 09-04-13 at 13:16

Old Post 09-04-13 12:50
Jodwin
Forum Staple

Nah, I'll just stand here and stare down at you instead.

Old Post 09-04-13 14:09
Kontra Kommando

Jodwin said:
Nah, I'll just stand here and stare down at you instead.

And I'll just continue to be totally apathetic towards your existence.

Old Post 09-04-13 16:34