User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > What are demons exactly?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:43.   
Piper Maru

I have a question that I would like to ask you guys. What are the demons in Doom supposed to be exactly? From what I've read about demons in general, they're either fallen angels or unclean spirits that can possess people. At least that's one interpretation. The reason I ask is because I'm working on a story that takes place in the Doom 3 universe.

Old Post 03-10-14 00:13
Piper Maru is offline Profile || Click here to Send Piper Maru a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Patrol1985

I don't think they're some "versions" of sinners etc. They seem to be creations of the Icon of Sin augmented by human technology (except for former humans which, as the name suggests, used to be humans :P)

Old Post 03-10-14 00:17
Patrol1985 is online now Profile || Click here to Send Patrol1985 a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time

Piper Maru said:
What are the demons in Doom supposed to be exactly?
I don't know, demons perhaps? Seriously, any interpretation is just that. Classic Doom only ever called them demons or aliens (really, they're both), and Doom 3 itself doesn't really stray from that either. 3rd party games and adaptations aren't really canon.

Why do you keep making these threads with vapid questions about demons, even after almost all of the previous ones have been helled? Before anyone calls me out for irony or being hypocritical, yes, I used to be a constant shitposter, but I stopped because all I was doing was attention grabbing and making myself look stupid.

Old Post 03-10-14 00:25
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Click here to Send Sodaholic a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

Demons are demons. It's like asking what a raccoon or dragon is supposed to be.

Old Post 03-10-14 00:27
Technician is offline Profile || Click here to Send Technician a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Inkie

A miserable pile of evil.

Old Post 03-10-14 00:32
Inkie is offline Profile || Click here to Send Inkie a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

I always wondered how seriously Doom would be taken, if it had gone with stereotypical pitchforked red-skinned devils, or more medieval demonology imagery, kinda like a demonic masquerade.

Sodaholic said:
demons or aliens (really, they're both)

So they could very well be these guys dressed up as those guys?

Last edited by Maes on 03-10-14 at 00:47

Old Post 03-10-14 00:41
Maes is offline Profile || Click here to Send Maes a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

you are

Old Post 03-10-14 00:46
Memfis is offline Profile || Click here to Send Memfis a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Piper Maru

Great responses everyone, keep em coming!

Old Post 03-10-14 00:47
Piper Maru is offline Profile || Click here to Send Piper Maru a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

Piper Maru said:
Great responses everyone, keep em coming!

No we can't, because then you were a zombie.

Old Post 03-10-14 00:47
Maes is offline Profile || Click here to Send Maes a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Piper Maru

Maes said:

No we can't, because then you were a zombie.

Are you saying that the portal between this world and post hell has been opened? And that demons are pouring out?! Are they literal demons, alien-demons, demon-aliens or demon-demons?

Old Post 03-10-14 00:52
Avoozl
Forum Staple

No, Piper Maru, you are the demons.

Old Post 03-10-14 01:29
Avoozl is offline Profile || Click here to Send Avoozl a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Piper Maru

What about former humans? Are they supposed to be animated cadavers taken over by lost souls?

Old Post 03-10-14 02:02