User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Moonlight [40oz excess posts]
 
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:49.   
40oz
Forum Spammer


Posts: 6902
Registered: 08-07


Wow this got way more autistic than it needed to be.

meapineapple did nothing more than state a fact. That it was tested in Skulltag 98d. Whether that's the most up-to-date version of the port is completely irrelevant because the only purpose in mentioning is that it was correct information. The author's preference is none of your business and you are certainly an asshole to intervene (at least for any longer than your first post.)

As plums said, this is a huge example of "I'm bored so I'm gonna pick a fight."

Go for a walk in the park.

Old Post 03-14-14 21:15
40oz is offline Profile || Click here to Send 40oz a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Marcaek
Senior Member


Posts: 1365
Registered: 12-10



40oz said:
Wow this got way more autistic than it needed to be.

meapineapple did nothing more than state a fact. That it was tested in Skulltag 98d. Whether that's the most up-to-date version of the port is completely irrelevant because the only purpose in mentioning is that it was correct information. The author's preference is none of your business and you are certainly an asshole to intervene (at least for any longer than your first post.)

As plums said, this is a huge example of "I'm bored so I'm gonna pick a fight."

Go for a walk in the park.



And I pointed out why using an outdated engine to test is pointless, without being hostile about it. She(according to memfis) accused me of getting on her case about it when I was just trying to be helpful. It was never an argument about preference, if you want to test it outdated engines be my guest, but I'm going to let you know why it's better if you don't and if you want to ignore that at your potential expense be my guest. No, I'm not picking fights.

Go for a long walk off a short pier.

Old Post 03-14-14 22:32
Marcaek is offline Profile || Click here to Send Marcaek a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dew
experts


Posts: 3618
Registered: 05-08


40oz arrives to the thread.

Old Post 03-14-14 22:35
dew is offline Profile || Click here to Send dew a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
40oz
Forum Spammer


Posts: 6902
Registered: 08-07


You don't need to tell me what you pointed out. I can read.

For the purposes that this wad seeks to fill -- being a single player level, both zandronum and skulltag 98d function as working source ports for that purpose. I highly doubt there is anything zandronum could or would have done better than skulltag 98d for that purpose alone. You made your suggestion, and it was up to meapineapple to take it or leave it. If you had any interest in helping after that point you probably wouldn't have opened up a post with "get fucked."

Your suggestions aren't an overarching charity, and you have to accept that people will take them with a grain if salt whether you think your being selfless or not.

Old Post 03-15-14 14:08
40oz is offline Profile || Click here to Send 40oz a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Marcaek
Senior Member


Posts: 1365
Registered: 12-10



40oz said:
You don't need to tell me what you pointed out. I can read.

For the purposes that this wad seeks to fill -- being a single player level, both zandronum and skulltag 98d function as working source ports for that purpose. I highly doubt there is anything zandronum could or would have done better than skulltag 98d for that purpose alone. You made your suggestion, and it was up to meapineapple to take it or leave it. If you had any interest in helping after that point you probably wouldn't have opened up a post with "get fucked."

Your suggestions aren't an overarching charity, and you have to accept that people will take them with a grain if salt whether you think your being selfless or not.



Skulltag is a buggy, outdated engine which is no longer being mantained. As I said, if there are specific issues related to it's handling of singleplayer maps there is a risk of them affecting work tested with it. Just because that may not have happened doesn't make it irrelevant.

If you could read, you would have noticed my next post in which I gave detailed criticism of what I played, which makes the rest of your post pointless.

And thanks for attempting to strawman your way into marginalizing my suggestions, much appreciated.

Old Post 03-15-14 17:31
Marcaek is offline Profile || Click here to Send Marcaek a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
40oz
Forum Spammer


Posts: 6902
Registered: 08-07


If that were the case in the first place you wouldn't have heard anything from me.

Old Post 03-15-14 19:28
40oz is offline Profile || Click here to Send 40oz a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dew
experts


Posts: 3618
Registered: 05-08



40oz said:
If that were the case in the first place you wouldn't have heard anything from me.

The protector strikes again! Why does this retarded post even exist?

Old Post 03-15-14 19:39
dew is offline Profile || Click here to Send dew a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
40oz
Forum Spammer


Posts: 6902
Registered: 08-07


meapineapple: check your Private Messages.

Old Post 03-15-14 22:36
40oz is offline Profile || Click here to Send 40oz a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
meapineapple
Mini-Member


Posts: 82
Registered: 02-14



40oz said:
meapineapple: check your Private Messages.


Huh? I haven't received anything from you.

Old Post 03-16-14 00:05
meapineapple is offline Profile || Click here to Send meapineapple a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
40oz
Forum Spammer


Posts: 6902
Registered: 08-07


Sorry, but I'm going to have to request a judgment call on my "excess posts" on this thread considering the quality, frequency, tone, hostility, and volume of posts on the contrary side of the argument. Are my posts truly unwarranted in comparison?

Old Post 03-16-14 02:41
40oz is offline Profile || Click here to Send 40oz a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:49.   
 
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Moonlight [40oz excess posts]

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON
 

< Contact Us - Doomworld >

Powered by: vBulletin Version 2.2.5
Copyright ©2000, 2001, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.