User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Gamespy shutting down in may [another 188DarkRevived shitfest]
 
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:06.   
188DarkRevived
Banned


Posts: 1293
Registered: 06-04



doomgargoyle said:
maybe an online petition to keep the servers running could help...

People have been signing petitions to make a Heretic III for many years, and sadly nobody fulfilled their wish.
People have been signing petitions for new seasons of Sailor Moon to be made, and nobody fulfilled their wish either.

It is all up to the fan community to take action and build its own replacement for GameSpy.
If it was possible for some fan to build a port such as GZDOOM then it is possible for some fan to build a new replacement for GameSpy.
I'm sure that it will happen. The only question is how soon.

Old Post 04-10-14 16:06
188DarkRevived is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time


Posts: 2998
Registered: 04-07



188DarkRevived said:
People have been signing petitions to make a Heretic III for many years, and sadly nobody fulfilled their wish.
This sounds pretty damn entitled. Also, there doesn't need to be a new Heretic game. Also,

188DarkRevived said:
People have been signing petitions for new seasons of Sailor Moon to be made, and nobody fulfilled their wish either.
This also sounds entitled. I don't know anything about Sailor Moon, nor do I wish to know, but I would assume that all of its story arcs have ended.

Just like jokes, continuing to write past the punchline gets stale very quickly. Look at what a mess serialized comics are, having a literal Neverending Story is a terrible idea.


188DarkRevived said:
It is all up to the fan community to take action and build its own replacement for GameSpy.
If it hasn't been done already, someone's gonna have to reverse engineer how each game interfaced with the service, and figure out how to emulate it. If there are any games that handled it differently, that's a lot of work.


188DarkRevived said:
If it was possible for some fan to build a port such as GZDOOM then it is possible for some fan to build a new replacement for GameSpy.
They had the source code, and vanilla Doom still exists. Gamespy won't, soon. Unrelated, but Graf should fix the incorrect perspective, though I know he won't.


188DarkRevived said:
I'm sure that it will happen. The only question is how soon.
I dunno. If the developers of any worthwhile games are still alive and active, they'll probably make a patch so that it's not so dependent on a dead network if there's enough demand.

Old Post 04-10-14 17:55
Sodaholic is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
188DarkRevived
Banned


Posts: 1293
Registered: 06-04



Sodaholic said:
This sounds pretty damn entitled. Also, there doesn't need to be a new Heretic game.

I agree with you about there not needing to be another Heretic game because there are already gigabytes of mods for Heretic II which can be downloaded and passed on through the generations.
Believe me, I actually opposed this particular petition because I knew that the people who were pushing it forward were too damn lazy to download all of the available mods which the other guys such as myself have worked so damn hard to create.
It was unfair to me and several others, therefore I almost boycotted this petition and never signed it.


Sodaholic said:
This also sounds entitled. I don't know anything about Sailor Moon, nor do I wish to know, but I would assume that all of its story arcs have ended.

The 5 arcs have indeed ended, but the characters were still left young and their entire biographies were not told. Fans have the right of knowing what happens to their favourite characters after those characters have already finished school and grown up.
Therefore, I actually contributed to pushing this particular petition forward.


Having a literal Neverending Story is a terrible idea.

Sometimes it can be. The DC Comics Universe is an excellent example of that, I agree.
It's a very trivial subject.


If it hasn't been done already, someone's gonna have to reverse engineer how each game interfaced with the service, and figure out how to emulate it. If there are any games that handled it differently, that's a lot of work.I dunno. If the developers of any worthwhile games are still alive and active, they'll probably make a patch so that it's not so dependent on a dead network if there's enough demand.

Where there's a will there's a way. Creating ports to keep DOOM alive was also a ton of work and dedication, but yet some heroes rolled up their sleeves and did it.

Old Post 04-10-14 23:43
188DarkRevived is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time


Posts: 2998
Registered: 04-07



188DarkRevived said:
The 5 arcs have indeed ended, but the characters were still left young and their entire biographies were not told. Fans have the right of knowing what happens to their favourite characters after those characters have already finished school and grown up.
Therefore, I actually contributed to pushing this particular petition forward.

That's exactly my point; it's entitled, and there is absolutely no good reason to continue the story. You want to see them live normal, boring, everyday lives because you just can't get enough of them, despite their adventures coming to a close? And fans have a "right" to this??

Oh boy, everyone! There's a new Spiderman movie coming out! It's about Peter Parker at age 65, gearing up for retirement and doing... not very much worth any screentime at all... Dementia? Crapping himself? Breaking his hip? I'm sure you can see why showing characters doing nothing of interest after they've 'retired' from their larger-than-life escapades isn't a good idea, right?

Old Post 04-11-14 01:50
Sodaholic is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
188DarkRevived
Banned


Posts: 1293
Registered: 06-04



Sodaholic said:
That's exactly my point; it's entitled, and there is absolutely no good reason to continue the story. You want to see them live normal, boring, everyday lives because you just can't get enough of them, despite their adventures coming to a close? And fans have a "right" to this??
Oh boy, everyone! There's a new Spiderman movie coming out! It's about Peter Parker at age 65, gearing up for retirement and doing... not very much worth any screentime at all... Dementia? Crapping himself? Breaking his hip? I'm sure you can see why showing characters doing nothing of interest after they've 'retired' from their larger-than-life escapades isn't a good idea, right?


In much the same sense that various FPS fans still entitle themselves to have the "right" of playing multiplayer sessions even if GameSpy shuts down, and much the same sense that us DOOMers still entitle ourselves to have the "right" to play WADs while living in the era of Call Of Duty, fans of anime and manga and comic books can entitle themselves to what they want to have.

Yes, I actually want to know what career Sailor Jupiter chooses for herself and whether she conquers her phobia of flying aboard airplanes, just in the same way as many people want to know what happens if GameSpy is gone, and just in the same way as fans of Star Wars wanted to know what happened to Han Solo and Princess Leia after Episode 6.
Yes, believe it. This is the entitled world we live in.

Old Post 04-11-14 03:15
188DarkRevived is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tarnsman
Forum Regular


Posts: 897
Registered: 05-11


Jesus fucking christ! We get it! You want to fuck Sailor Jupiter! Stop bringing it up in every goddamn thread! We! Get! It! It's cool to have a fictional character inspire what you want to see in a woman, that's natural, "I want to get a chick like that," is a pretty natural thought process upon seeing someone you're attracted to. But see that's where you fuck up. You don't say, "gee I like this girl but she's A FICTIONAL CHARACTER I CAN'T HAVE, so I'm going to go out and interact with people and get in a healthy productive relationship," no you say, "I literally want Jupiter," and then you shit post in every single goddamn thread about it. Stop!

Also you're not entitled to jack or shit, the creators of the show ended the story with their characters because they felt the plot was complete and they didn't want to continue it. If you want to keep the story going then late at night before you go to bed you can jack off and dream about how Jupiter advanced her career and settled down and married you or whatever stupid bullshit you want because the creators don't give a fuck since they told their story and they got paid to do it and now they've moved on with their lives like healthy people.

P.S. Asuka >>>>>>>>>>>>>> A GIGANTIC PILE OF SHIT >>>>> ANY SAILOR MOON BULLSHIT. CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Last edited by Tarnsman on 04-11-14 at 04:49

Old Post 04-11-14 04:19
Tarnsman is online now Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time


Posts: 2998
Registered: 04-07


Tarnsman gets it.

If you want fan fiction so bad, go read some sloppy, poorly thought out masturbation fantasies on fanfiction.net or something, or maybe even write some of it yourself since you seem to have a pretty clear picture of what you want to see. It's not even remotely comparable to requesting that an existing work be patched to future-proof it from any fleeting dependencies, or the right to play whatever game you want. What the fuck is your concept of rights, anyhow?

Of course you have the right to play Doom when CoD is popular, you're doing it in your own spare time. If a cop came up and slapped the controller out of your hands, your rights would be infringed upon (assuming he's not doing it to arrest you for legitimate reasons, like stalking and raping a girl you thought looked like some Lunar Maritime bitch).

Though requesting that an existing work be future-proofed is a very reasonable thing to ask, IF it's easily within their power and resources. The creators would be pretty big assholes to choose not to despite huge demand in that case, however, you're technically not owed such a service.

Demanding that official brand new content be created just because you want it, especially if there's good reason to NOT continue a story (like if it has run its course and can go nowhere constructive), then you're just being plain unreasonable. You have not the right, nor any remotely reasonable expectation to such things.

Old Post 04-11-14 05:05
Sodaholic is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
188DarkRevived
Banned


Posts: 1293
Registered: 06-04



Tarnsman said:
You don't say, "gee I like this girl but she's A FICTIONAL CHARACTER I CAN'T HAVE, so I'm going to go out and interact with people and get in a healthy productive relationship," no you say, "I literally want Jupiter,"

See, this is where you predictably fuck up once again by SPONTANEOUSLY JUMPING TO A CONCLUSION.
I've actually been making plenty of efforts to start healthy productive relationships with real-life people and still continue to do so.
And unlike you, I'm aware of something called "cosplay", which is an activity that involves REAL PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY EXIST.
So what I am saying is not literally "I want a fictional character that doesn't exist" but rather: "I want a real person who matches the personality traits of this character and who can occasionally dress up just like them as well."
Jesus fucking Christ, indeed. Stop polluting discussions with your uneducated assumptions, causing them to steer even more off-topic.
Get a life. Research something before you make an assumption about it. Such arrogant ignorance is disgusting.


It's cool to have a fictional character inspire what you want to see in a woman, that's natural, "I want to get a chick like that," is a pretty natural thought process upon seeing someone you're attracted to.

Thank you very much. You hit the nail on the head right here. But the assumption that followed later was absolutely incorrect an unnecessary.

Last edited by 188DarkRevived on 04-11-14 at 19:18

Old Post 04-11-14 19:03
188DarkRevived is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
doomgargoyle
Banned


Posts: 498
Registered: 12-13


can we not derail the thread? This is about gamespy, not sailor moon. Lots of great games will be lost when the servers are shut off.

Old Post 04-11-14 20:21
doomgargoyle is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tarnsman
Forum Regular


Posts: 897
Registered: 05-11



188DarkRevived said:

And unlike you, I'm aware of something called "cosplay", which is an activity that involves REAL PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY EXIST.
So what I am saying is not literally "I want a fictional character that doesn't exist" but rather: "I want a real person who matches the personality traits of this character and who can occasionally dress up just like them as well."



No see bro, you're still fucking up. If you want your woman to dress up like her and have her personality? You know what you want? Jupiter. You don't want a girl like Jupiter, you want Jupiter, and that's not fucking healthy.

Old Post 04-11-14 20:32
Tarnsman is online now Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer


Posts: 5887
Registered: 04-07



188DarkRevived said:
People have been signing petitions for new seasons of Sailor Moon to be made, and nobody fulfilled their wish either.

actually: http://myanimelist.net/anime/14751/...r_Moon:_Crystal

Old Post 04-11-14 20:37
Memfis is online now Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
188DarkRevived
Banned


Posts: 1293
Registered: 06-04



Tarnsman said:

No see bro, you're still fucking up. If you want your woman to dress up like her and have her personality? You know what you want? Jupiter. You don't want a girl like Jupiter, you want Jupiter, and that's not fucking healthy.


It's healthy. You know why? Because the original author/creator blatantly admitted that the character profiles were inspired by real-life people who she knew, including herself.
And even without her telling us that, it still shouldn't be difficult to figure out that since real people have existed before fiction was invented then it means that what exists in fiction was at least marginally inspired by something that exists in reality.

@Memfis: I'm aware of that. It's not a sequel but a reboot/remake, which is unfortunate. I despise remakes.

Now please, I really do want to respect the wishes of the thread starter and not prolong this derailment. So stop lecturing me on "health" and "rightness". Thank you very much.

Old Post 04-11-14 22:41
188DarkRevived is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dew
experts


Posts: 3783
Registered: 05-08



188DarkRevived said:
It's healthy. You know why? Because the original author/creator blatantly admitted that the character profiles were inspired by real-life people who she knew, including herself.
And even without her telling us that, it still shouldn't be difficult to figure out that since real people have existed before fiction was invented then it means that what exists in fiction was at least marginally inspired by something that exists in reality.


I really like your reasoning here. I went back and pretended you were talking about Naked Lunch. Mmmmmmm.

Old Post 04-11-14 23:10
dew is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
an_mutt
Junior Member


Posts: 153
Registered: 04-12



188DarkRevived said:
People have been signing petitions for new seasons of Sailor Moon to be made, and nobody fulfilled their wish either.

That's only because Naoko Takeuchi is too busy cleaning up after her husband.

Old Post 04-11-14 23:25
an_mutt is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title


Posts: 8134
Registered: 08-04


Can some mod here please change 188DarkRevived's username to Darku-kun.

Old Post 04-11-14 23:29
Technician is online now Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tarnsman
Forum Regular


Posts: 897
Registered: 05-11



188DarkRevived said:
Please, I really do want to respect the wishes of the thread starter and not prolong this derailment. So stop lecturing me on "health" and "rightness". Thank you very much.


Dude you can't make it through a single thread without bringing up how it somehow relates to your unending desire to fuck Sailor Jupiter. No it's not healthy. Healthy would be, "yeah this chick is pretty cool, I'd like me a tall brunette with that kind of personality" that's not you, you are actually obsessed with the character herself, not the traits you like, but the 2d fucking drawing that will never fuck you because she's busy plowing 30 guys a day in her lucrative porn career. Get over it!

Last edited by Tarnsman on 04-12-14 at 01:05

Old Post 04-11-14 23:55
Tarnsman is online now Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT


Posts: 6393
Registered: 12-00



Tarnsman said:
she's busy plowing 30 guys a day

I much prefer the American spelling of "plow". The UK spelling, "plough", is just stupid.

Old Post 04-12-14 00:33
Enjay is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xaser
Forum Staple


Posts: 2694
Registered: 07-03



Enjay said:
"plough"

I can't not mentally pronounce this as "Ploo."

Old Post 04-12-14 00:55
Xaser is online now Profile || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time


Posts: 2998
Registered: 04-07


I feel bad for the OP, I really do, but this shit is too funny. Also, I'm not really sure where else the conversation could go, other than "gee, I hope the decent games get patched."

188, do you even realize how creepy you come off with all this obsession over sailor poon in almost every post? Do you have any concept of self-awareness?


Technician said:
Can some mod here please change 188DarkRevived's username to Darku-kun.
That, or change the A to an O, though I'll admit calling him "dork" is kind of juvenile. But, hey, self-awareness!

What does the name even mean anyway? What significance is one hundred and eighty eight? How can you revive a lack of lightwaves? How does light cease to exist to begin with? It does not make sense!


Xaser said:
I can't not mentally pronounce this as "Ploo."
I keep seeing it as "Ploe."

Old Post 04-12-14 02:18
Sodaholic is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular


Posts: 2772
Registered: 06-06


plough
through
enough
though

gg English

Old Post 04-12-14 02:43
TimeOfDeath is online now Profile || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
188DarkRevived
Banned


Posts: 1293
Registered: 06-04



Tarnsman said:
Dude you can't make it through a single thread without bringing up how it somehow relates to your unending desire to fuck Sailor Jupiter. No it's not healthy. Healthy would be, "yeah this chick is pretty cool, I'd like me a tall brunette with that kind of personality" that's not you

On the contrary, THAT'S EXACTLY HOW I THINK!
In your assumption you're just confusing a few words. The full accurate thought goes like this: "Yeah, this chick is pretty cool. If we ever get hitched then I'll buy her this special outfit for some occasions."
That's it. Now you get over it.
The only thing that's unhealthy and insane in my perspective is if a person decides to marry a portrait of a fictional character rather than deciding to marry a person who has their traits.

Now please, let's return to the GameSpy topic and refrain interjecting my posts when I try my best to keep them on-topic even if I mention something that you don't like in them?

Old Post 04-12-14 03:14
188DarkRevived is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
buttspit
Member


Posts: 581
Registered: 04-11



Sodaholic said:
188, do you even realize how creepy you come off with all this obsession over sailor poon in almost every post? Do you have any concept of self-awareness?

That, or change the A to an O, though I'll admit calling him "dork" is kind of juvenile. But, hey, self-awareness!



As much as I hate it, hoping that this guy is just a troll, fraggle's suggestion is quite possible. And yeah, so many of his recent posts make mention of his "crush" and/or Sailor Moon in all sorts of threads. Seriously, keep that shit to yourself at this point. It's hard enough to accept that someone can just come up with the stuff in your posts.

Old Post 04-12-14 03:17
buttspit is offline Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
188DarkRevived
Banned


Posts: 1293
Registered: 06-04



Sodaholic said:
Do you have any concept of self-awareness?

In my perception this concept means "being aware of my own abilities, skills, and thoughts" rather than "caring about what other people want to call me".
I don't give a shit if I creep you out, and I am fully aware that I creep you out because you make it too damn obvious and don't take any effort to conceal it.
If you have enough brain cells then you can mentally imagine my nametag as reading "dork" instead of "dark" if it makes you feel happier.
Go ahead, do as you please, just stop attacking me for no damn reason like a randomly teleported Ettin in Hexen.

Last edited by 188DarkRevived on 04-12-14 at 03:33

Old Post 04-12-14 03:27
188DarkRevived is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time


Posts: 2998
Registered: 04-07



TimeOfDeath said:
plough
through
enough
though

gg English

I like to consider English a "Frankenstein language." It takes a bunch of dead (or if still in use, butchered) languages and stitches all the parts together into an inconsistent walking mess.

I honestly think that the language should be revised to be phonetically consistent. I think that J should only be used for stuff like "jar," G should only be used for stuff like "genre," C should only sound like the CH in "chess" and otherwise be replaced with K or S as appropriate. Dunno what you'd turn X into, but as it is it should be replaced with KS or Z as appropriate. Y should only be used as a vowel, and cases where it sounds like "ih" or "ee" should just use I.

Now where was I...


188DarkRevived said:
In my perception this concept means "being aware of my own abilities, skills, and thoughts" rather than "caring about what other people want to call me".
The latter is what self-awareness means as it's used in this context. You should care about what others think of you, because almost every post you make clearly demonstrates that you are not of sound mind. You can keep believing that your thoughts and opinions are perfectly normal, but that doesn't make them so.


188DarkRevived said:
I don't give a shit if I creep you out, and I am fully aware that I creep you out because you make it too damn obvious and don't take any effort to conceal it.
And? Of course I'm being blunt about it, what relevance does that have? I'm telling you that your thoughts are fucked up because they are, and you should change them for your own good. I'm not exactly being nice about it, but I'm doing you a service if you'd just listen to and accept what I'm saying.

Of course, I'm finding that you're so thick that you're not actually gonna even consider changing, you've got your mind set. So really, at this point, I'm just having fun.


188DarkRevived said:
Go ahead, do as you please, just stop attacking me for no damn reason like a randomly teleported Ettin in Hexen.
Not for no reason. The reason is that your views are ass-backwards and won't help you get anywhere in the world. And that's a pretty random comparison, an Ettin? Also, I know it's "proper" to italicize titles, but it's kind of annoying to do it constantly in the context of relatively casual forum posts.

Y'know, if multiple people tell you that something's wrong with you, maybe that's a clue. Maybe, just maybe, they see some true maladjustment and aren't doing it solely to antagonize you. But whatever, take our help or leave it, I'm having a pretty good laugh over here.

Last edited by Sodaholic on 04-12-14 at 03:58

Old Post 04-12-14 03:44
Sodaholic is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
188DarkRevived
Banned


Posts: 1293
Registered: 06-04



Sodaholic said:
But whatever, take our help or leave it, I'm having a pretty good laugh over here.

I'm gonna leave it, because I am aware that we are all imperfect mortal humans with flaws and hypocrisies, and we all have our own truths which can be, and often are, misinterpreted by others, and we all have "sins" regardless of whether we are conscious of them or not.
Go ahead, laugh your damn head off far away in the distance. You have your truth, and I have mine.
I've come across plenty of people who agreed with me about things that you disagree with. And likewise, I wouldn't be surprised if you came across people who agreed with some of the things that I disagreed with.
Now go on, laugh if it gets you high.
And remember, what's backward to you is forward to someone else, depending on which direction you're facing and where you came from and depending on which direction they're facing and where they came from.

P.S.: Not once have I ever defined myself as "normal" because that would be foolish. How do any of us know what "normal" even is? If it's so damn constant then why are there different cultures and why are there wars? Ha!
All I can be certain of is that if I was truly hostile to the universe then I would've either been locked up or dead already.

Last edited by 188DarkRevived on 04-12-14 at 05:59

Old Post 04-12-14 05:48
188DarkRevived is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:06.   
 
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Gamespy shutting down in may [another 188DarkRevived shitfest]

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON
 

< Contact Us - Doomworld >

Powered by: vBulletin Version 2.2.5
Copyright ©2000, 2001, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.