User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > What if Doom was a musical on broadway? [NEXT POSTER OF ONE OF THESE GETS LOSERED]

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:15.   
Piper Maru

Like the title suggests, what if Doom was made into a musical on broadway? It could have three acts.

Act 1

"Knee-Deep in the Dead"

The first act chronicles the arrival of John Stalvern on the UAC Base located on Mars. Ominous rumors of top secret experiments involving experimental teleportation technology fill the air. John Stalvern is suspicious that something big is going to happen, but he's not sure what. Meanwhile he reminisces about his childhood and his dreams of becoming a space marine, while his dad warns him about demons. Soon afterwards, the UAC inadvertently open a gateway to hell unleashing evil demons in the base. The act ends with our hero confronting the Hell Barons.

Act 2

"The Shores of Hell"

John Stalvern battles his way through nightmare hordes trying to save the terrified civilians. Zombies and Demons tear the place apart, while John rips and tears his way through them. John Stalvern discovers that top executives of the UAC are cultists dedicated to the demons who wanted to let them into our realm of existence. The Act ends with an epic battle where John Stalvern combats the Cyberdemon with his plasma rifle, the Tower of Babel collapses on both of them stopping John from further killing for the time. However, due to his injuries John dies and turns into a zombie.

Act 3

"Inferno"

With Johns bodily form expiring and changing into a mindless ghoul, Johns soul goes to hell, the homeland of the demons. John is tormented by hordes of demons, he is forced to confront his past about all the people he killed while he was a marine back on Earth. He travels through hells darkest chambers to confront the Spider Mastermind, the general of hell's forces. Act 3 ends with a crescendo of violence and explosions as John escapes from hell and is resurrected back on earth as an immortal soldier, forever doomed to combat demons.

Old Post 04-25-14 00:39
Piper Maru is offline Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
40oz
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Don't quit now, this is turning into a bloodbath!

Press Y to POST HELL

Old Post 04-25-14 00:44
40oz is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Piper Maru

I think the story of Doom can be really fleshed out with lots of symbolism and metaphors. Is John really confronting demons, or are they just in his mind? I think it's fairly ambiguous and it would be pretty well received.

Old Post 04-25-14 00:47
Piper Maru is offline Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

I'm very pleased to see that our forum members finally started discussing truly important issues.

Old Post 04-25-14 00:55
Memfis is online now Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doomhuntress

What if Doom Doom?

Old Post 04-25-14 01:05
Doomhuntress is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Patch93

Why has everyone been making "What if Doom was something else" threads lately? :V

Old Post 04-25-14 01:11
Patch93 is offline Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mrthejoshmon

What if I was the demons?

Old Post 04-25-14 01:17
mrthejoshmon is online now Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Piper Maru

Adding to what I said earlier about the story of Doom being ambiguous. Is the Space Marine really fighting Demons from hell, or are they just manifestations of his guilt? I like to think that the marine was a test subject for the military, and they were experimenting with the so called "berserk". They fed him and his entire platoon massive doses of the stuff, what they observed was they were ripping and tearing each other apart. Brother against brother, gouging there eyes out and gnawing of fingers. But in their minds they were fighting demons, see I think that would be a great plot twist at the end.

Old Post 04-25-14 01:17
mrthejoshmon

I like the original story better.

Old Post 04-25-14 01:19
mrthejoshmon is online now Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Piper Maru

The original is a timeless classic, right up there with Shakespeare. But I think adding that bit of twist could really spice things up. Like the part where the radio crackles, "No John, you are the demons", what is the meaning of that? It sends chills down my spine every time I hear it.

Old Post 04-25-14 01:22
Doominator2
Forum Regular

A musical cant be complete with out an opening song so, here it is

"When your Knee deep in the Dead, and over your head in hell.
Your gonna kick some demon ass, oh that will be a story to tell.
Your gonna make the bastards sorry, they heard your name, and your
gonna put them through so much pain. Your heart just broke, and you lost all hope when you saw daisy's head on the ground. So you went back to hell, not feeling to well, but you pushed on to see the evil within, The icon of sin, with a evil grin, you blew up his face, and that is how you win"

Old Post 04-25-14 01:53
Doominator2 is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote