User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > 32 Year Old Dies Immediately After Posting A Facebook Status While Driving
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:41.   
Pure Hellspawn
Forum Regular

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ticle-1.1769965

Something tells me a ton of people care more about their social status than their lives or the lives of others.

Old Post 04-29-14 15:38
Pure Hellspawn is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Oh well, she died happy. Good for her.

I hope she wasn't a mother. This way, she's eligible to be nominated for a Darwin Award.

Old Post 04-29-14 15:58
Gez is offline Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jimi

I've noticed people can't stay disconnected from computers/internet even for a moment.

It's impossible to go out and not see someone connected to their digital parasite and stroking/poking it with their thumbs/fingers.

Old Post 04-29-14 16:07
Jimi is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time

I'm gonna sound cold, but she deserved it. I'm firmly against using a phone when driving (unless it's voice and you've got a headset or are on speakerphone), I just don't understand why people do it. Would you read a book when driving? Can't they put the damn thing down to look at the road for once? Secondly, I think people put meaningless trite like social media sites far too high on their priority list.

I'm glad the trucker is okay, he didn't deserve this dumb bitch smashing into his truck because she felt that fellating Big Brother Fuckerburg was more important than paying any attention to traffic.

Old Post 04-29-14 16:10
Sodaholic is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

Sodaholic said:
Would you read a book when driving?

Now, with the wonders of technology, you can!

Old Post 04-29-14 16:15
Maes is offline Profile || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

Note that she was also posting selfies. What a blithering idiot. Truck driver is lucky to be alive after such a blatant showing of ignorance on the road.

Old Post 04-29-14 16:16
Clonehunter is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geekmarine

Hey, at least she died happy. Incidentally, the problem, I think, it's not that people can't put the phones down, but rather that the phones create the illusion that they're not distracted in the first place. It's so easy to glance down for a moment then glance back up, it creates a false sense that "Hey, I can mess with my phone AND watch the road." It's not that people are glued to their phones - if they couldn't look away, they wouldn't be under the impression that they can multitask. It's the fact that they CAN look away that makes it seem safer than it really is. I myself have fallen into that trap - thankfully never behind the wheel, but I've had times when I'll be watching a movie and think, "I can glance down and check my email for just a second and not miss anything," and then I miss something in the movie - it's not that I can't stop messing with my phone, it's that I underestimate how much can go on in that couple of seconds I take to glance down at the phone.

Old Post 04-29-14 16:40
geekmarine is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

This is akin to drunk driving (with similar consequences all too often), yet it doesn't appear to be anything like as socially unacceptable. Maybe that will change, or is already changing.

If I find out that I am talking to someone by phone who is driving at the time, I'll cut short the call. Even if they are hands-free, it's still a major distraction and never worth risking lives over.

Old Post 04-29-14 16:57
Grazza is online now Profile || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
baronofheck82

Only 32 years old? So young, and already off into eternity. This is sad.

Old Post 04-29-14 17:06
baronofheck82 is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kontra Kommando
Let's attack aggressively

I get really pissed off when I see cops using cell phones while they drive. I'm against using electronic devices too. But it takes a true asshole to give someone a ticket, and points on their license for a crime that the cop commits himself.

Moreover, at the expense of sounding callous, this person that died in the accident brought this upon herself. She not only put herself in danger, but everyone else on the road as well.

Old Post 04-29-14 17:34
Kontra Kommando is offline Profile || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Kontra Kommando said:
I get really pissed off when I see cops using cell phones while they drive. I'm against using electronic devices too. But it takes a true asshole to give someone a ticket, and points on their license for a crime that the cop commits himself.
Well hey, traffic cops know what they're doing.

Old Post 04-29-14 17:37
printz is offline Profile || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

Kontra Kommando said:
"Do as I say not as I do."

Welcome to the real world.

Old Post 04-29-14 19:25
Technician is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geo
Forum Staple

Yeah she died happy, doing what she loves, she died the way she lived. I don't see a problem.

Old Post 04-29-14 20:04
geo is offline Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pure Hellspawn
Forum Regular

geo said:
Yeah she died happy, doing what she loves, she died the way she lived. I don't see a problem.

True, except for three things.

1: The fact that she put others at risk like that 73 year old truck driver is a huge problem.

2: Her family might not be that stupid yet they mourn her loss. And trust me, they are NOT happy.

3: She could have been happy for another 50+ years. Not anymore.

Old Post 04-29-14 20:19
Pure Hellspawn is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geo
Forum Staple

Pure Hellspawn said:

True, except for three things.

1: The fact that she put others at risk like that 73 year old truck driver is a huge problem.

2: Her family might not be that stupid yet they mourn her loss. And trust me, they are NOT happy.

3: She could have been happy for another 50+ years. Not anymore.

Yeah sarcasm is missed in text form. Basically this woman is a fuckup. I almost said this girl is a fuckup, but really she's a woman. She should have known better, but she didn't. Its not like she peed on an electric fence, she could have taken a lot of people with her.

In fact I saw on the news a piece on truckers texting and driving. Those fuckers could kill a lot of people like bowling with a log.

Although, I do wonder what made her happy. Was it she finally had a first date? Does she have kids that achieved some goal? Is she in love? Did she get a new job? Was she listening to that 'Happy' song? WHY WAS SHE HAPPY? I want to know. This goes out to all Facebookers. Give us details.

Old Post 04-29-14 20:32
geo is offline Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
40oz
Forum Spammer

I really want to go this way but only if I can manage to make my status "man work was such a drag! Can't wait to goAAAAHHHHHHHHH"

Old Post 04-29-14 20:44
40oz is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

She brought it upon herself for failing to pay attention while driving. Stupid people like this deserve their fate if they ignore traffic rules, especially if you are driving alone.

Old Post 04-29-14 20:55
Glaice is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
CorSair
Forum Regular

Call me chauvinistic - But that's the usual of women. Behind the wheel, and phone on left/right hand.

Old Post 04-29-14 22:06
CorSair is online now Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SFoZ911

Welcome to the digital century my friend

Old Post 04-29-14 22:06
SFoZ911 is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

CorSair said:
Call me chauvinistic - But that's the usual of women. Behind the wheel, and phone on left/right hand.
I'm glad you posted it before I did.

Old Post 04-29-14 22:14
Technician is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aliotroph?
postCount++

Sodaholic said:
I'm firmly against using a phone when driving (unless it's voice and you've got a headset or are on speakerphone),...

Fuck speakerphones. They garble voices and assholes overuse them. I wish the world's tech companies cared enough to kill them off. I really wonder how much safer drivers are when they're getting frustrated yelling at the person who can't hear them over the car sounds.

Geekmarine has a point. I routinely see older people lecturing younger people about paying attention while driving without noticing that they're just as bad because they think they can use phones and even iPads while driving.

Old Post 04-29-14 22:38
Aliotroph? is offline Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Netherstorm

This is why you never use cell phones when driving.

Old Post 04-30-14 00:16
Netherstorm is offline Profile || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
FireFish

this is just odd...

Old Post 04-30-14 00:22
FireFish is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mrthejoshmon

This should be used as a driving safety example to warn kids that phone + driving is bad...

But then again those things never seem to work.

Old Post 04-30-14 00:31
mrthejoshmon is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pure Hellspawn
Forum Regular

mrthejoshmon said:
This should be used as a driving safety example to warn kids that phone + driving is bad...

But then again those things never seem to work.

oh it works. it works alright.

only when it's too late though.

Old Post 04-30-14 00:33
mrthejoshmon

Pure Hellspawn said:

oh it works. it works alright.

only when it's too late though.

It always takes somebody doing the wrong thing and dying/killing somebody for people to take notice.

I like to think of them as involuntary examples of why you shouldn't do said things.

Old Post 04-30-14 00:39
mrthejoshmon is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
phi108

Corsair said:

Technician said:
I'm glad you posted it before I did.

In my limited driving in the past months, I'd estimate about half of the people I have seen on phones were men (similar to the percentage of humanity that is men). I'd like some statistics to go with your claims.

Old Post 04-30-14 02:53
phi108 is offline Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
zap610
JETSONZ KREW 4LYF

Sodaholic said:
I'm gonna sound cold, but she deserved it.

Pretty much, yeah.

Old Post 04-30-14 03:11
zap610 is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doominator2
Forum Regular

She died just to tell someone she was happy!?

Old Post 04-30-14 03:12
Doominator2 is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dima

Ironic how she dies right when she says she's happy. That's how life works.

Old Post 04-30-14 05:25
Dima is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote