User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > 32 Year Old Dies Immediately After Posting A Facebook Status While Driving
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:11.   
Waffenak
Forum Regular

geekmarine said:
But basically, you're saying that I'm wrong if I ride the bus and don't particularly feel like being social. If I do things to avoid being social, that somehow makes me a bad person. What's wrong with not wanting to be social with complete strangers on a bus? You're outraged at the phone for making people keep to themselves - well maybe they WANT to keep to themselves. It's not the damn phone's fault, quit trying to act like something has fundamentally changed.

I am on the bus to get from Point A to Point B - not to be your goddamn best friend. Again, I'm not rude to people, I just don't feel comfortable talking with strangers, and I don't have a problem feeling uncomfortable with it. I'm old enough and have had enough bad experiences that I think I've earned the right to say, "You know, this just isn't for me." Do whatever the hell you like, that's fine, but don't be preachy about it. Don't tell me how to ride the bus.

Close-mindedness is always inferior for open personality, if you are not social it closes many career choices from you. Most of the people are relatively open for conversation, its the human nature wanting to be with others. What would happen if we all would just stare at the floor and avoid eyecontact. If you have had bad experiences you think every experience in the future is also bad, sound rather silly doesnt it? You should rethink how you feel of your surroundings, because closing yourself away in the longrun is not the best thing to do

Old Post 05-01-14 09:46
Waffenak is offline Profile || Click here to Send Waffenak a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Waffenak
Forum Regular

Belial said:

As opposed to what exactly? What is this even supposed to mean?

I rarely have a bag, a phone fits in my pocket just fine. It's also way more convenient to handle in a crowded bus than a newspaper. Screw conversations, I have better things to do than making small talk with random people.

Wut?

Haha, what? I'd have to be riding buses for several hours daily to even consider worrying about that. I'd also have to quit my job where I'm mainly staring at a screen.

I find it ironic that you're constantly stating how nice and outgoing you are, yet you can't seem to stand people doing things differently.

Answer to your first question: simply put, once you read the newspaper first time, you dont have to use any more time browsing it again because that would be rather silly and as I said and I though you would understand from the following: you can be now open for other activities like talking.

You know, you can fold the newspaper rather niftly if you are capable of doing that and this "screw this" attitude clearly shows your attitude towards other which is just bad in general.

For the third question: Newspaper/book isn't going to waste all your time, as I mentioned earlier you can for example, open conversation if you are open minded person.

Not worrying about something is just another big problem, I personally dont want sore neck or sore eyes and later that I would have to use glasses because of this behaviour. If your job is more important than your health you got wrong thinking model. Would you you do something hazardous that would eventually maim or kill you just to make money? That is what I personally call ironic.

Old Post 05-01-14 10:00
Waffenak is offline Profile || Click here to Send Waffenak a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Belial

geekmarine said:
We tend to extrapolate - she died texting while driving, so she must have done it all the time. It's also entirely possible that it was a single, solitary lapse

Articles say there were more selfies made while driving on her social websites. She's definitely done it before.

Old Post 05-01-14 12:33
Belial is offline Profile || Click here to Send Belial a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Belial

Waffenak said:
Answer to your first question: simply put, once you read the newspaper first time, you dont have to use any more time browsing it again because that would be rather silly and as I said and I though you would understand from the following: you can be now open for other activities like talking.

You know, you can fold the newspaper rather niftly if you are capable of doing that and this "screw this" attitude clearly shows your attitude towards other which is just bad in general.

For the third question: Newspaper/book isn't going to waste all your time, as I mentioned earlier you can for example, open conversation if you are open minded person.

Not worrying about something is just another big problem, I personally dont want sore neck or sore eyes and later that I would have to use glasses because of this behaviour. If your job is more important than your health you got wrong thinking model. Would you you do something hazardous that would eventually maim or kill you just to make money? That is what I personally call ironic.

Get off your high horse and quit preaching.

Being extroverted has nothing to do with open-mindedness, quit confusing the two.

I've made my career choice and choosing not to talk to random people on the bus is not going to change it. You're making ridiculous generalizations about people you don't know based on an irrelevant aspect of their lives.

I already wear glasses and the only times I have a sore neck is when I come back from a heavy metal gig.

So you're saying if someone's job is dangerous but well paid, they have the wrong thinking model if they stick to it? How very open-minded of you.

Old Post 05-01-14 12:54
Belial is offline Profile || Click here to Send Belial a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Waffenak
Forum Regular

Belial said:

Get off your high horse and quit preaching.

Being extroverted has nothing to do with open-mindedness, quit confusing the two.

I've made my career choice and choosing not to talk to random people on the bus is not going to change it. You're making ridiculous generalizations about people you don't know based on an irrelevant aspect of their lives.

I already wear glasses and the only times I have a sore neck is when I come back from a heavy metal gig.

So you're saying if someone's job is dangerous but well paid, they have the wrong thinking model if they stick to it? How very open-minded of you.

You should start accepting other peoples thoughts too and not rant about how "I dont have to listen this and that"

Extrovert often comes with open-mindedness or how of often you see open minded introvert? introverts dont have ability to notice others and if you dont notify others you cant know their feelings. Simple as that.

So making things worse and keep causing neck pain is good? Same as keep smoking after having diognose you got lung cancer because "it doesnt matter now". Sounds very mature, yeah. You would sink your hands in hot sulfuric acid bath if that was you wellpaid job? Your arguments seem to be out of place now if you think them straight.

Old Post 05-01-14 13:32
Pure Hellspawn
Forum Regular

Waffenak said:

You should start accepting other peoples thoughts too and not rant about how "I dont have to listen this and that"

Extrovert often comes with open-mindedness or how of often you see open minded introvert? introverts dont have ability to notice others and if you dont notify others you cant know their feelings. Simple as that.

So making things worse and keep causing neck pain is good? Same as keep smoking after having diognose you got lung cancer because "it doesnt matter now". Sounds very mature, yeah. You would sink your hands in hot sulfuric acid bath if that was you wellpaid job? Your arguments seem to be out of place now if you think them straight.

DO you even know what it means to be an extrovert or an introvert? Open-mindedness has nothing to do with it.

Introverts DO have the ability to notice others. The only difference between an extrovert and an introvert is that one gets energized by being around other people and socializing and the other gets energized by being in a more solitary setting.

Introverts can definitely be social creatures; they just need to be alone to recharge their batteries.

I think you're confusing it with autism which makes it hard to understand how people feel (including themselves).

Old Post 05-01-14 13:53
Pure Hellspawn is offline Profile || Click here to Send Pure Hellspawn a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geekmarine

Belial said:

Articles say there were more selfies made while driving on her social websites. She's definitely done it before.

Fair point - it was just a thought that had occurred to me. Not as a means of defending her, but realizing that I've had moments where split-second lapses of judgment could have easily killed me under different circumstances, and the more I thought about it, the more I thought perhaps we all have at least one moment in our lives where we did something stupid and it was entirely luck that determined how that turned out.

Old Post 05-01-14 14:10
geekmarine is online now Profile || Click here to Send geekmarine a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Waffenak
Forum Regular

Pure Hellspawn said:

DO you even know what it means to be an extrovert or an introvert? Open-mindedness has nothing to do with it.

Introverts DO have the ability to notice others. The only difference between an extrovert and an introvert is that one gets energized by being around other people and socializing and the other gets energized by being in a more solitary setting.

Introverts can definitely be social creatures; they just need to be alone to recharge their batteries.

I think you're confusing it with autism which makes it hard to understand how people feel (including themselves).

I know the diffrence between introvert and extrovert and the point was its a lot more common to be both extrovert and openminded because those perks go hand in hand more often than introvert and close open minded. Its more hard to deal with closed persons in daily basis than with open persons and society favours open persons like on job markets. If I think what I can do for a living if I were introvert I could be some shelf filler,storage worker or some pencil neck tapping computer at home 24/7 because then you dont have to deal with other people that much

Old Post 05-01-14 14:49
geekmarine

For an alleged extrovert, you certainly don't act like you have much experience interacting with other people. And let's be clear here - I may have introverted tendencies, but that doesn't mean I'm incapable of getting along with others. Hell, my job before my health issues forced me to move was working as a high school teaching assistant - a job that required a great deal of social interactions with both staff and students. It's not that I'm incapable of being social - it's just that most days, when I get off work I'm more looking forward to some alone time rather than running out to party it up or whatever. For me, the bus ride home is time to relax and decompress... making small talk with total strangers is only going to make me feel like I'm back at work.

Old Post 05-01-14 15:08
geekmarine is online now Profile || Click here to Send geekmarine a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gemini09

Interesting input Geekmarine. There is one time where I was near fucking up; I was in a tunnel and fumbling with the radio, when what was supposed to be one second turned into three seconds, and I looked up and saw that I was dangerously approaching the "curb" inside the tunnel, at 100kmh. Had I hit that, the car would have jumped and flipped.

Old Post 05-01-14 15:28
gemini09 is offline Profile || Click here to Send gemini09 a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pure Hellspawn
Forum Regular

Waffenak said:

I know the diffrence between introvert and extrovert and the point was its a lot more common to be both extrovert and openminded because those perks go hand in hand more often than introvert and close open minded. Its more hard to deal with closed persons in daily basis than with open persons and society favours open persons like on job markets. If I think what I can do for a living if I were introvert I could be some shelf filler,storage worker or some pencil neck tapping computer at home 24/7 because then you dont have to deal with other people that much

This is far from the truth. I'll tell you what being an introvert means, since I am very introverted.

There are lots of good jobs for introverts. I personally am a programmer. Yes, I deal with people, just not as much.

I've rarely dated girls by choice (not never), which I'm perfectly happy with, because I'm only interested in being with people I care about - and there are people I care about. I'd rather be with a small group of people I have deep feelings for than a lot people I barely care about (acquaintances).

You are definitely not openminded. You write like an extrovert is "superior" to an introvert. That's called being ignorant and you don't have the faintest idea of what being an introvert means. Neither is superior to the other - both have pros and cons associated with them.

Also, you hijacked this thread which is about texting and driving.

Old Post 05-01-14 15:54
Pure Hellspawn is offline Profile || Click here to Send Pure Hellspawn a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Waffenak
Forum Regular

geekmarine said:
For an alleged extrovert, you certainly don't act like you have much experience interacting with other people. And let's be clear here - I may have introverted tendencies, but that doesn't mean I'm incapable of getting along with others. Hell, my job before my health issues forced me to move was working as a high school teaching assistant - a job that required a great deal of social interactions with both staff and students. It's not that I'm incapable of being social - it's just that most days, when I get off work I'm more looking forward to some alone time rather than running out to party it up or whatever. For me, the bus ride home is time to relax and decompress... making small talk with total strangers is only going to make me feel like I'm back at work.

If you think not agreeing on something with other person is same as lacking interaction experience, you are really disoriented person. Life is tough and you just have to suck it up and play ball for a change instead of whining. And to make my original point again: facebook is just useless entertainment for masses without any real benefit, I rather educate myself by reading neurology or talk with other persons than making useless facebook updates wont do you no real benefit.

Old Post 05-01-14 16:42
Waffenak
Forum Regular

Pure Hellspawn said:

This is far from the truth. I'll tell you what being an introvert means, since I am very introverted.

There are lots of good jobs for introverts. I personally am a programmer. Yes, I deal with people, just not as much.

I've rarely dated girls by choice (not never), which I'm perfectly happy with, because I'm only interested in being with people I care about - and there are people I care about. I'd rather be with a small group of people I have deep feelings for than a lot people I barely care about (acquaintances).

You are definitely not openminded. You write like an extrovert is "superior" to an introvert. That's called being ignorant and you don't have the faintest idea of what being an introvert means. Neither is superior to the other - both have pros and cons associated with them.

Also, you hijacked this thread which is about texting and driving.

If we would ask employer which one they would take rather for job: introvert or extrovert I think it would be the latter in most of the cases. I think it really is handicapping to be introvert but you cant stand it if I say so. Being extrovert doesnt have anything to do with how many people you interact, its how you interact, which you dont seem to understand at all. You can try to insist me how "superior" being introvert is but it wont change the fact how most of the people feel about it. Dont try to blame others if you also take part in "derailed" conversation, it seems hypocritical.

Old Post 05-01-14 16:51
mrthejoshmon

A thread ain't a good thread without an argument.

Old Post 05-01-14 16:56
mrthejoshmon is offline Profile || Click here to Send mrthejoshmon a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geekmarine

Sure, it's handicapping if you can't set your natural tendencies aside for your job, but that's completely different from being unable to interact with others. By your logic that's like saying, "Employers would rather have employees who don't play video games, because they're afraid that if employees play video games, they might be unable to resist the temptation to play games while on the job."

Being an introvert has nothing to do with your ability to interact with others and get along with them - it just means that, all other things being equal, you're more comfortable by yourself. What I find especially funny here is, for an alleged extrovert, you certainly carry yourself as a rude, arrogant jerk... I would think someone so adept at interpersonal interactions and such a fan of communication would be far more aware of how he comes across to others and make a deliberate attempt to try not to sound arrogant or obnoxious.

Old Post 05-01-14 18:07
gemini09

Was Rambo an extrovert? Did he chase people with a silly-looking way to run, desperate for somebody to talk to?

No. He was an introvert, cool and calm.

Rocky, though, was an extrovert. Also a great guy, like Rambo - without guns he'd quite probably K.O. Rambo, but Rambo was looking almost more muscular than Rocky so you can't really say for sure.

Old Post 05-01-14 18:49
gemini09 is offline Profile || Click here to Send gemini09 a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Waffenak
Forum Regular

geekmarine said:
Sure, it's handicapping if you can't set your natural tendencies aside for your job, but that's completely different from being unable to interact with others. By your logic that's like saying, "Employers would rather have employees who don't play video games, because they're afraid that if employees play video games, they might be unable to resist the temptation to play games while on the job."

Being an introvert has nothing to do with your ability to interact with others and get along with them - it just means that, all other things being equal, you're more comfortable by yourself. What I find especially funny here is, for an alleged extrovert, you certainly carry yourself as a rude, arrogant jerk... I would think someone so adept at interpersonal interactions and such a fan of communication would be far more aware of how he comes across to others and make a deliberate attempt to try not to sound arrogant or obnoxious.

That whole allegory doesnt make any sense and just seems crippled. You sound like insolent child who tries to turn other ones head to support your cause/opinion. I stand like a rock behind my opinion and you can rant and whine as much as you want but it wont change the fact that introvert personality does effect what you can do for your living and how you react and act with others if you just wait the time when you can be alone after workday. If you think that succumbing to others will is right thing to do in opinon matters, then you turned out to be big time mr hitler/complainer.

Old Post 05-01-14 19:18
AndrewB
I would commit first degree murder and then fabricate evidence to make it look like self defense.

Jesus Christ, Waffenak, shut the fuck up. You're a pompous ass and a goddamned incoherent moron. You'll be hard pressed to find a single person who agrees with your ramblings.

Old Post 05-01-14 19:33
AndrewB is online now Profile || Click here to Send AndrewB a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mr. Freeze
etc.

If I was in HR and had to approve a introvert or an extrovert, I'd choose the extrovert simply because every self-proclaimed introvert I've met is a shrew, whiny douchebag.

Old Post 05-01-14 20:00
Mr. Freeze is offline Profile || Click here to Send Mr. Freeze a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mrthejoshmon

AndrewB said:
You'll be hard pressed to find a single person who agrees with your ramblings.
Or one that can understand where the flying fuck he is coming from.

Seriously, what the fuck are you even arguing about?

Old Post 05-01-14 20:18
mrthejoshmon is offline Profile || Click here to Send mrthejoshmon a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Waffenak
Forum Regular

AndrewB said:
Jesus Christ, Waffenak, shut the fuck up. You're a pompous ass and a goddamned incoherent moron. You'll be hard pressed to find a single person who agrees with your ramblings.

Whine more brat, maybe someone cares if you add moaning

Old Post 05-01-14 20:19
mrthejoshmon

Shots fired.

Old Post 05-01-14 20:28
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

I sense something abstract coming along...

Old Post 05-01-14 20:45
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Click here to Send Clonehunter a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tarnsman
Forum Regular

Okay Waffenak, let's get some shit straight.

1. Being an extrovert has nothing to do with being open-minded, some of the most closed-minded people in the world are extremely extroverted.

2. Being an extrovert is generally better if you want to become successful in fields like upper-level management, owning your own business, or generally anything that requires a lot of networking and or constant social interaction (I've gotten clients because I talked to a random person on the street when they said something) but seeing as there is a whole multitude of career paths that aren't that, it's hardly a make or break character trait.

3. The thing that makes humans great is our diversity when it comes to strengths and weaknesses. Just because someone is less adapt or willing to be "the mingler" doesn't mean they aren't good at something else.

4. You are a massive floppy bag of soggy penises

Old Post 05-01-14 20:59
Tarnsman is offline Profile || Click here to Send Tarnsman a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ichor
The Mysterious Red Square

This thread is starting to go downhill. It might be a good idea to calm down and get back to the original topic.

Old Post 05-01-14 21:04
Ichor is offline Profile || Click here to Send Ichor a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Waffenak
Forum Regular

Tarnsman said:
Okay Waffenak, let's get some shit straight.

1. Being an extrovert has nothing to do with being open-minded, some of the most closed-minded people in the world are extremely extroverted.

2. Being an extrovert is generally better if you want to become successful in fields like upper-level management, owning your own business, or generally anything that requires a lot of networking and or constant social interaction (I've gotten clients because I talked to a random person on the street when they said something) but seeing as there is a whole multitude of career paths that aren't that, it's hardly a make or break character trait.

3. The thing that makes humans great is our diversity when it comes to strengths and weaknesses. Just because someone is less adapt or willing to be "the mingler" doesn't mean they aren't good at something else.

4. You are a massive floppy bag of soggy penises

1. It does more than you know and can you provide complete list of "most close-minded people that are extrovert". Say that out loud and taste the words, doesnt it sound stupid as hell?

2. Being extrovert always helps when you are dealing with living breathing humans.

3. Getting scraps isn't my thing. As you said, adaptation is the key for unlocking all the paths you want to take. Less adapt person have more closed doors on their way.

4.Sorry I cant hear you, you are gulping too many dicks at once, slow down.

Old Post 05-01-14 21:28
dew
experts

Waffenak said:
I stand like a rock behind my opinion and you can rant and whine as much as you want

Because you're a close-minded moron who, in stark opposition to what he preaches, refuses to see the arguments of the other side, despite being pelted with insults from the less patient. From a certain point, you started fighting everyone in this goddamn thread. If you were as socially smart and open-minded as you pretend, you'd pick up on this very simple cue that there might be something wrong with a) your reasoning, b) the way you present it. But you stubbornly refuse to back down an inch. You are a fucktard.

Oh and by the way, I commute daily in mass transportation for several hours. During that time, I either read oldschool newspaper or sleep (when it's safe). I read that newspaper from the first page to last (I'm very open-minded and constantly trying to soak up information, see?) and that's pretty time-demanding. Unless you're a tabloid reader, proper newspaper takes much more time to get through than random articles on the smartphone, which is the way most people read news online. I can very safely say your newspaper argument is bullshit.

Old Post 05-01-14 21:31
dew is offline Profile || Click here to Send dew a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tarnsman
Forum Regular

1. Every single politician and/or political commentator, most of the super rich, most dictators, the list goes on and on bro. (Also you considering how closed-minded your posts are)

2. No it doesn't. Some people don't want to deal with that guy some people want to be left alone, being an extrovert does not help you deal with them.

3. As an employer I can attest, you don't always want the extrovert, there are many high paying jobs where I'd rather have the guy who sits in the corner, shuts up and does his job, than the "networker" or the "mingler". It's a trait that only is needed for a select few jobs, not all of which are on the top of the totem pole.

4. While I'm imbibing a truly astonishing quantity of the finest penis the planet has to offer, you sit in your poor festering state suckling on rancid, flaccid penis wishing you too could suck world-class dick, alas it is only for the big boys and not the little cunts who have to cry themselves to sleep at night like you.

5. Talking to random people on the bus has nothing to do with being an extrovert is has to do with being an annoying retard, which you are.

Old Post 05-01-14 22:02
Tarnsman is offline Profile || Click here to Send Tarnsman a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geekmarine

You know, I do relish in the fact that the open-minded extrovert attacked me and called me names when all I did was explain how one can be introverted but not completely averse to social interaction. Maybe you are an extrovert, Waffenak, but your social skills are atrocious. Hostility was never called for. And yet here we are now, on the bullet train to Post Hell.

Old Post 05-01-14 22:03
Waffenak
Forum Regular

dew said:

Because you're a close-minded moron who, in stark opposition to what he preaches, refuses to see the arguments of the other side, despite being pelted with insults from the less patient. From a certain point, you started fighting everyone in this goddamn thread. If you were as socially smart and open-minded as you pretend, you'd pick up on this very simple cue that there might be something wrong with a) your reasoning, b) the way you present it. But you stubbornly refuse to back down an inch. You are a fucktard.

Oh and by the way, I commute daily in mass transportation for several hours. During that time, I either read oldschool newspaper or sleep (when it's safe). I read that newspaper from the first page to last (I'm very open-minded and constantly trying to soak up information, see?) and that's pretty time-demanding. Unless you're a tabloid reader, proper newspaper takes much more time to get through than random articles on the smartphone, which is the way most people read news online. I can very safely say your newspaper argument is bullshit.

So you are fool who mumbles when someone says to to be quiet with your own opinion, no surprise. I dont have dress my words nicely to please every human on this globe, its the freedom of expressing yourself but you dont get it, no surprise. You can bow before everyone and back down as much as you want, weak-willed asswipe who cant stand behind their cause. I read rather fast and dont have to read single sentence as long as you have to so you can eat up your whimpering.

Old Post 05-01-14 22:04