User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Miscellaneous demos [making rules up]

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:25.   
Demonologist

Okay, let's get this out of the way.

Plut said:
Noob Detected by Eternal

While the demos stuff is a great thing and I may assure you that the author appreciates it - this map was only shown as a raw beta of sorts and wasn't intended for distribution anywhere else without permission. You're doing it wrong, Plut. Even though Eternal says he doesn't feel like starting a fistfight with you - please refrain from doing something like that in the future without asking first. It's very impolite. Thanks.

Old Post 04-29-14 14:14
Demonologist is offline Profile || Click here to Send Demonologist a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

I dunno, imo posted on a public forum = posted on the whole internet. It's not like people from here couldn't go to the russian forum and dl it from there (I know that some Doomworlders read it). So maybe it was a little impolite but not really something to blame for.

Last edited by Memfis on 04-29-14 at 14:31

Old Post 04-29-14 14:23
Memfis is online now Profile || Click here to Send Memfis a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
=/-

Indeed. If there is anyone to quarrel with, then it would be Andy for placing a copy of this wad at the DSDA. If requested, I imagine he might replace it with a link.

But there is nothing wrong with posting a demo here for *any* wad, nor with linking to a legitimately publically-available file.

Old Post 04-29-14 14:35
Grazza is offline Profile || Click here to Send Grazza a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Demonologist

@ Memfis: And this is why Eternal could easily disregard Russian forums completely for unreliability of their inhabitants who don't even bother asking for permission. Even if someone from DW downloaded it - he/she/they was/were sensible enough not to post it anywhere else. And just in case - my words are the result of our mutual consensus. So it'd be wise to learn something from it instead of arguing.

Old Post 04-29-14 14:43
Demonologist is offline Profile || Click here to Send Demonologist a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

I've never heard of anyone asking for permission to post a link that is already publically available on a website that many people know about. I imagine for many doomers it sounds pretty ridiculous, so maybe it was a little unwise of Eternal to post a link to his wad without saying something like "please don't link" if he didn't want the wad to appear in other places. He should know how the internet works by now...

Old Post 04-29-14 15:05
Memfis is online now Profile || Click here to Send Memfis a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Demonologist

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as long as I can tell - when something gets released on Russian forums, links and other stuff on DW are created by author himself or by someone else with his permission granted, whatever it may sound. Local release doesn't mean the international one, even though it works vice versa. So - download it from RF as long as you like, but show some sense. If it's not on DW - then it's not meant to be there unless author decides otherwise.
You say you never heard of that and never seen something like that? You're a liar.

I've told everything I wanted to, so let's just stop at this point. Let everything be as it is now, but next time think twice before doing something.

Old Post 04-29-14 15:28
Memfis
Forum Legend

no, you made up that "rule" just now

Old Post 04-29-14 15:34
Demonologist

Ahh, dear Buddha...
I'm not interested in making any rules. My previous post is based solely on years of observations. If you have something to prove that I'm wrong - go ahead and show it, just saying 'no' won't work. If you don't - just stop and we'll be done with it.

Old Post 04-29-14 15:45