User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > New Source Port Idea

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 18:09.   
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

*I usually don't post here, but there would be a uproar in the General or Doom3 forums if I put this idea in either forum.*

Anyway, this would probably sound stupid, but I got to thinking about it anyways. I call it TDoom. You can call it what you want. Anyway, installation would be simple, after you downloaded it. Instead of doing all this complicated stuff like you do to get PrBoom or Boom or ZDoom up-and-running, all you'd have to do would be to:
1. Unzip the TDoom laucher.exe into the Doom folder of choice( Shareware/Registered, Doom2, Fianl Doom, Ultimate Doom)
2. Click on the Doom95 icon, then drag it over the launcher icon, then let go.
3. Then, double-click on the launcher to start it. Inside the launcher, you'll see the version of Doom you just put into the launcher.
4.There will be several other things, such as Custom WADfiles, Episode/Level Settings, etc.
To play the version of Doom you've loaded into the launcher, just double-click on it.
Once you start the game, you'll notice nothing has changed. This can quickly be rectified by:
6. Go to Options. Press Enter (DUH!). There you'll a vast plethora of Options, including, among other things, Dynamic Lighting, 3D Objects, Look up/Down, Etc.
Just press Enter to turn thses and other things on.

Does this sound like a good idea to anybody out there? I personally think it does.

Old Post 07-14-01 20:54
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Click here to Send DooMBoy a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote