Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jute

Jungle/Tropical Maps

I'm looking for any maps with jungle or tropical settings. I'm aware of Plutonia and Plutonia 2 already. Any suggestions?

Off the top of my head, there's Scythe 2's penultimate episode, Temple of the Lizard Men, and I think there may be a few jungle themed maps in Speed of Doom, though I could be wrong. Certainly Impure Serenity and Poison Ivy II fits the bill, and probably the latter's predecessor/successor.

MAP16 of Ten Community Project - the first map of the co-op episode - was made by me and I specifically went for a Jungle Temple theme for this map. It was designed to work as a single player map as well, so it should be alright for a quick blast.

Phobus said:

MAP16 of Ten Community Project - the first map of the co-op episode - was made by me and I specifically went for a Jungle Temple theme for this map. It was designed to work as a single player map as well, so it should be alright for a quick blast.

I'm gonna play this now

Realm of Cheogsh
This maps set takes place almost entirely on a jungle-infested island at night. Very beautiful but also very challenging.

Temple of the Lizard Men 2
I think this is much more entertaining and visually much more impressive than the prequel.

BGPA Missions Liberation
You infiltrate an enemy base set up in a jungle somewhere. Lots of fun and very, very gorgeous scenery.

Grove
This is more of a forest map, but it's so amazing and atmospheric, I think you won't mind. Plus, forests have trees just like jungles.

Axiom
Has some jungle elements from what I can remember. Good map.

Vanguard
This one begins with a jungle-like theme, sort of like "Plutonia 2" in style.

Sigma
This ends at a very creative and beautifully done beach. Go into the ocean and see the amazing sea plant sprites!

Eden Loss
An island jungle-type adventure. It moves kind of slow for my tastes but it's not bad.

The Lost Gateway
Ancient jungle temple type map. Although it may or may not be what you're looking for...

Stronghold: On the Edge of Chaos
There are some very lovely tropical-themed maps, although, I can't remember the level numbers/names specifically. This is an invasion-style megaWAD, though, in case you never heard of it, so play it on a low difficulty setting if you aren't going to play it with others in multiplayer mode.

Thanks for all the suggestions thus far. I'm about to start trying these out.

Megalyth said:

Try Phocas Island 2, it's got some jungley/woodsy areas.

I'm pretty sure he has tried that one, he wrote the music for it!