Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Okuplok

Speed of Doom demos [-complevel 9]

map18 uv-speed in 0:18
map26 uv-speed in 1:29
map31 uv-speed secret exit in 1:37

a gift to sod's first birthday! :)

aaaaand... here are the demos, heh. the still undone uv-speeds are 17, 24, 25, 27, 28 and 32.

17: training looks promising. the avjump/grab from my tas movie is unfeasible, but the final av jump should be included. estimated time around 1:30-1:40. :(
24: didn't even cross my mind yet.
25: uh, very messy, it's like a trench war. if i ever finish this, it's going to be nearly 4 minutes long.
27: found a good route (avjumping back across the barrier triggered at the bfg). the tricks are very hard and there's a lot of scythe2 ep5 style playing involved, which is bad news for me.
28: heh, out of the question.
32: haven't tested yet.

sodsp-dew4.zip

Thought I'd play some UV Fast and try recording some demos.
First finish for Map01 UV-fast. Got 5:04, table-filler crap.

Man, that was tough, I really do regret not putting in a green armour (With all the bloody hitscanners and cacos :-/ ). I'm supposed to be writing some essays but nothing wrong with playing a little bit of doom during breaks. :P

Definitely improvable, I didn't take many risks; will try and get a better time when I finish off my essays and try out some other maps (like Map03) and see if UV-fast is possible (for me, that is :P)

sd01f504.zip

Throwing in a NM-Speed for MAP30 in 2:59. Any particular reason this hasn't been done before?

Coming up, a demo without the Silent Trick in which I've failed miserably to get.

sd30n259.zip

My first contribution to SoD :)

map 31 uv-speed 1:02

I realise that the pacifist runs are also uv-speed, but I wanted to upload this anyway. Are you allowed to wake up monsters in pacifist btw?

sd31-102.zip

dannebubinga said:

I realise that the pacifist runs are also uv-speed, but I wanted to upload this anyway. Are you allowed to wake up monsters in pacifist btw?

Yes, wake-up shots are fine, as long as they don't hit any monsters. If you want to be safe, switch to the fist and punch the air.

dannebubinga said:

Are you allowed to wake up monsters in pacifist btw?

Yes. You can label a demo as "silent pacifist" if you want to emphasize the fact that you didn't shoot.

I'm sorry for spamming this thread. I didn't plan on making so many runs on SoD, but I got with the flow and now I'm spamming. I will avoid this behaviour later I promise. :)

map 16 uv-max 3:04

same route as anima-zero (thanks anima), but I deal with the arch-viles earlier on. I've been having a hard time to get to the exit on this one, so even though this run have alot of fumbles I felt like posting it to get some rest from this map. I've got another route for this map wich is insanely unsafe and risky but I havn't recorded a successfull attempt with that route yet.

sd16-304.zip

why apologize, such activity is welcomed. :) it also inspired me to go back to filling uv-speed holes. i'd rage so much if the exit spider killed me...

map27 uv-speed in 2:17

6 to go. 15secret will be scrappy but reachable. i'm struggling with 17 and the outlook is bleak. 24 is scary but possible without the TAS trick. 25 and 28 will be extremely tough to crack. copying the TAS route in 32 shouldn't be that hard, but i'm not fond of the bfg opening.

sd27-217.zip

I meant that I should have zipped all demos to one zip file instead of making 5 new posts :P

Nice run btw dew. Looks like it's all high risk - high reward tricks going on there :)

dew said:

why apologize, such activity is welcomed. :)

Indeed they're very welcome. Can't have enough demos. :-)

Looks like there's a few to check out now. I'll grab the popcorn. :P

It's hardly spamming, although Never_Again might have a different opinion. :P

dannebubinga said:

I meant that I should have zipped all demos to one zip file instead of making 5 new posts

No, that's OK, one demo per zip is fine, and one zip per post is all the forum software allows. If you make a full demo pack, then it makes sense to release it as one big file, but otherwise a single file for each demo is perfectly convenient. It means the zip name can match the demo name, so when we see it on our hard disk, we immediately know what it contains (as long as the naming follows standard conventions - and on that point, note that times under one minute are by convention represented by 3 digits, e.g. sd16-055).