Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anima Zero

Claustrophobia 1024 2 Demos Thread [-complevel 9]

Did my first Claustrophobia 1024 2 demo. Tackled map 32 UV-Max with a time of 1:59. Pretty good time I'd say.

Wasn't sure on a good naming convention for demos. Ideas on that would be appreciated.

cl232-159.zip

I started a thread for Claustrophobia 1024 2 Let's record demos, everyone.

I also quoted Grazza's note from CChest Demos Thread and changed a few words.

Note: When recording on 1024CLA2.wad, please record in Boom-compatible format, as this is what the wad requires, and it means that the demo will play back with more exes. It also provides a level playing-field. To do so, you can use prboom-plus with -complevel 9 in your command-line. And please use a current version, as bugs in Boom compat have been fixed. Alternatively, you can use the original Boom 2.02 or its Windows port Prboom 2.02.

(Sorry, it is a cheap copy from Claustrophobia 1024 Demos Thread)

[EDIT] About name of lmps, I recommend to use 4cLV-xxx.lmp

Map 1 UV-Max in 0:58
Map 2 UV-Max in 1:34
Map 3 UV-Max in 1:36

1024cla2_tatsurd.zip

By the way, my files name followed Anima's. Do they have any problems? I know that files which have over 8 character can't be used on vanilla doom. However, they are demos for Boom.

tatsurd-cacocaco said:
Map 2 UV-Max in 1:34

This level has some texture error that terminates Boom. Then again, the text file of the WAD says it was tested only with PrBoom+, ZDoom and Risen3D.

I got a deja vu when watching the demo. I get the impression the map is a 1024 clone of some megawad level, or of a section...

Two UV-Maxes here.

Map 11 I did yesterday. Time for this demo is 3:33. Oughta be possible to improve this a bit further I'd say, maybe 5 seconds or so.

Map 18 I recorded today. Not too hard of a level (Easier than 11 for me). Time for this level is 1:47. Pretty solid time on this one.

cl2demos.zip

The Green Herring said:

UV speed on MAP07: Into Hell in 0:01.86

lol

You might feel that it depend on other ideas too much. I followed TGH's way next. However, I think it to be the best now.

Map 4 UV-Max in 1:43 (4c04-143.lmp)
Map 5 UV-Max in 3:14 (4c05-314.lmp)

1024c2_tatsutrd2.zip

tatsurd-cacocaco said:
By the way, anyone do you know the cause that sectors which was set at tag 667 went up two times?

It can happen when the last ones die close together in time. I guess the second spider died just when the first made its 667 check.

I just did the equivalent on Dead Simple in vanilla.

7bug-myk.zip

Did a UV-Max for map26 in 3:55. Getting under 4 minutes is quite the accomplishment for me on this map.

Now then, time to rest up for the day because this map was not my friend at all.

4c26-355.zip

Hey Anima. Just checked out your Claus2 map 32 run. Very nice indeed.

You beat my best ever time of 2:02. And I made the map.

I am sure that faster times are possible, with a little luck. But you have set a very respectable benchmark.

Bravo, and thanks for the demo. :)

myk said:

It can happen when the last ones die close together in time. I guess the second spider died just when the first made its 667 check.

I just did the equivalent on Dead Simple in vanilla.

Thanks!

Map 8 UV-Max in 3:43

4c08-343.zip

Map 29 UV-Max in 7:35
Map 30 UV-Max in 2:24

I recorded this demos in january and release it only now, because I wanted to improve them, but forgot about that. And now I don't want to play this levels again. :)

4c29-30-hrt.zip

Random demo watching led to a random recording session to see if I could improve on my UV-Max time for map32.

Despite fumbling with the exit switch in true lulzy fashion, the UV-Max clear time was 1:41, crushing my old record by 18 seconds.

All things considered this is probably gonna be as lucky as I can get in getting a good time here.

Also...I may need to go make a holy hell offering to lady luck. I believe I got pegged by two rev missiles in the back...while having only 21 health & armor. Yeah, try figuring out how I survived that.

4c32-141.zip

Wanted to try something different than Bee Ef Gee spam that was driving me crazy anyway. Instead I've been driven crazy by the said something different, tatsurd's short stuff is hell for me to beat.

1 max 0:54
3 max 1:33
6 max 3:22
7 max 1:53

4c_maxes.zip