Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Brutal Doom 0.11 (now 0.14, check ST link)

Copypasted from the Skulltag thread, which contains videos and screenshots. For the mod in action, check out my Youtube videos in my signature, despite they are from version 0.8, 0.9, 0.10 and 0.10b test version.

Brutal Doom is a mod for Skulltag and GZDoom that works with any IWAD or old-school vanilla megawad. The concept is creating a new flesh experience of brutal graphical violence and sadism.

- Tons of new Death animations for all enemies. You can cut their limbs, cut them in half with chainsaw or minigun, melt them with plasma, Xdeath states for large enemies like Barons and Mancubus, and much more. You can also shoot their dead bodies, or severed limbs, and keep brutalizing them even after their deaths.

- Possibility of headshoots for most enemies. You can do extra damage shooting at their heads with small firearms like the Rifle, or completely blow-up their heads with a higher firepower weapon such a shotgun or chaingun.

- New Weapons balance, the pistol was replaced by the Assault Rifle wich has higher firerate and accuracy. You can aim down the sights with the rifle, and deliver accurate headshoots at high distances.
Chaingun fires faster and will no longer become obsolete when you find the Plasma Gun, Fists are more versatile, allowing you to deliver quick or strong punches, and perform stealth kills, since it's silent now.
Shotgun fires 10 pellets by shot instead 7 to match the SSG firepower (wich for some weird reason, fires 20 pellets, 6 more than 2 normal shotgun shots in the original Doom gameplay)
SSG pellets have higher spread, but deals extreme damage at point-blank distance, gibbing small enemies.
You can also "quick-kick" enemies in Duke Nukem's style at any momment just pressing Q, without needing to change your weapon.

- Flares for decoration and projectiles. You will fell like you were playing in the Doomsday Engine.

- 3D bloodspots for OpenGL users that can paint the ground and ceiling with the blood of your enemies.

- You can RIP AND TEAR an enemy if you kill him with punches while under effect of a berserk. (Also knows as Fatalities)

- If you shot an enemy so close, blood will splash on the screen.

- You can paint the chainsaw with blood.

Downloads:

Skulltag:
http://www.4shared.com/file/K2CO9_z0/BRUTALDOOMV_11b

GZDoom:
http://www.4shared.com/file/cxINY3PX/BRUTALGZDOOM_V11.html

Add-ons:

Regeneration - When you are in the "Danger" state, with health bellow 30, it makes health regenerate by 1 per second until you get with 30 health. Some people suggested me to add this as a main feature, but I preferred to make it as a separated module.

http://www.4shared.com/file/QH2oEgPF/BrutalDoomRegeneration.html

Doom Metal:
A compilation of many Doom and Doom 2 music remixes that really sets the tone of this mod.
http://www.4shared.com/file/N_D9I1vo/Doom_Metal.html

ADVICE:
Before playing, you MUST BE SURE of:

1 - Please, use Open GL mode to properly show the new special effects and taste the full Brutal Doom experience.
2 - In the Open GL settings, set your Adjust Sprite Clipping to Always (Prevents things from getting half in the ground)
3 - In your display options, make sure your deathcam is on! (So you can see the amazing new player deaths)
4 - Read the guide that comes in the readme text.

TROUBLESHOOTING:

- If the 3D bloodpools aren't showing up, even if you are using Open_GL, open your console and type "gl_use_models 1"
- If the bloodpools are rendering in a weird way, in the Open GL settings, set the Smooth Sprite Edges to Off
- If your framerate is low, type "gl_use_models 0" to hide the bloodpool 3D models. This helps a lot on old computers.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

People hosting this Wad:
I added "HELP" image lump that explains a lot of features.
Please, put a wellcome message like "Please, before playing, press F1 for instructions." so noob people can understand all the features ;)

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

People hosting it, please redirect the download link to http://www.wadhost.fathax.com/files

Started playing through Doom and 2 with this a week or so ago. It's a load of fun! Only thing I don't like is while the RIPping and TEARing with berserk is fun the first couple times, it gets old after a little while and annoying having the action breaking when I'm trying to conserve ammo (even though you get way more than enough anyway, but stfu)

heavyfishcannon said:

I'm new and have a windows 7. I'm using chochlate doom, and was wondering if this and choclate doom are compatible.

No, chocolate-doom is only compatibile with what the original program (vanilla doom) would be.
And this mod is compatibile with SkullTag / GZDoom (and probably ZDoom too) because of the way new objects are coded.

ellmo said:

No, chocolate-doom is only compatibile with what the original program (vanilla doom) would be.
And this mod is compatibile with SkullTag / GZDoom (and probably ZDoom too) because of the way new objects are coded.

Okay, thank you!

Mr. Chris said:

By the way, 0.11 is out, check first post.

What does it add? I've seen the videos of the previous ones, are there new FATALIES or the like? Also, I hear the monsters a a lot tougher/the player is weaker, is that true?

As far as I know, most if not all the weaker monsters have the same or slightly elevated health and the bosses have a large HP increase, namely the mastermind.

Check the changelog to see what's new.

Has anyone else noticed items/enemies being a bit glitchy when on the ground and flickering? Also with the infinite ammo on in GZDoom some weapons still use ammo, such as the super shotgun in single barrel blast mode and plasma rifle in shotgun mode.

Heh, if you're in Skulltag and type Turbo 250, Give ragerune and Sv_infiniteammo true in the console, the SSG fires as fast as a chaingun.

Marnetmar said:

Heh, if you're in Skulltag and type Turbo 250, Give ragerune and Sv_infiniteammo true in the console, the SSG fires as fast as a chaingun.

Using GZDoom and the GZDoom version of this mod.

I definitely would have let this mod slip by if I haven't came across some youtube videos of it by accident. I really love how violent this is. ZDoom-esque mods like this one always tend to go a little overboard with the modding though. I'd really much rather not have the new weapons and sprite replacements and what not. The fatalities are incredible though.

I have the R button set as jump for me. Is there any other way I can turn off the fatalities?

Dan50 said:

I have the R button set as jump for me. Is there any other way I can turn off the fatalities?

Rebind reloading in control options?

Using a melee finisher on a Baron of Hell is so badass, I love this mod!

The only issue(s) I have is you can't interrupt the reloading sequence when changing weapons(probably incompetence on my part, though), and I think some of the monster gibs block player movement (Disregard, it probably has something to do with running it with Ultimate Doom instead of Doom 2). Otherwise, I thought it was fine!

Remapped it and I am now able to turn them off I can toggle smash mode and rip and tear :D. Also setting infinite ammo to true still wastes ammo for the plasma and shotgun.

Does anybody know how to bring Skulltag's railgun into the mod? I tried getting it through the console but if I select another weapon, then I can't go back to it.