Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang

2002ADO demos [-complevel 3]

[QUOTE]NoobBait said:
[B]Did everyone else lose interest in this wad? :P

I haven't, unfortunately with a job, and other things I have not been playing doom much, but still want to max every level (if possible), I don't like leaving things incomplete, just progress will be slow till about September.

Did everyone else lose interest in this wad? :P

I'm mostly intersted in UV-Maxes for this wad. No offence, but most Respawns/UV-speeds/Tysons look like lazy fillers for me, probably because it's hard to tell how optimized they are. (e.g. in uv-speed there is always an option to skip more monsters)
I haven't seriously looked at e3m6-e3m8 yet, so maybe I'll record something.

@Cannonball: Yeah I feel ya man, I moved into my dorm two days ago so I've been busy just trying to find my way around my new campus and getting all the mandatory crap done. Looking forward to your e4m2 max soon hopefully, don't be dumb like me and use the secret exit though.

@Memfis: Pretty understandable, this wad doesn't have many tysons that can be effectively optimized so many if not most are indeed fillers done for survival's sake. This wad isn't too friendly for demo-recording in other categories...Is -fast not your cup of tea either?

I'm not really sure what I want to try next. I tried e3m8 max a bit 1 month ago, I'll upload my best attempt here in case its helpful to someone. Ran out of cells for the last cyber and time is 3:55 :(

I practiced e3m6 as well, but that map is hard for me just to get an exit. I play too aggressively I die, I play more conservatively and the time sucks. It's hard for me to find balance between the two. Perhaps I'll just play it balls to the wall recklessly until I manage to get an exit.

a3d8fail.zip

I sometimes play with fastmonsters when the wad is too easy (like "Doom the way id did"), but rarely record with it.

Meanwhile, here is pretty good attempt at Episode 1 UV-Speed. After E1M4 I was 21 seconds ahead of current record.

a1d1-good_attempt.zip

NoobBait said:

E4M9 UV-Max in 5:05

Ayyy what a jerk of a cyber at the end :( Very nice overall, superb plasma and BFG usage. You may save 2 seconds if you not collect that soulsphere at 2:29, just enter the secret sector - you'll get berserk soon anyway, so health is not needed.

I'm back, I got mad with E4M2, Kept dying in the first area, kept getting flanked, so I did this just to contribute something to this level.
E3M3 UV Speed in 1:30

--> Great demo NoobBait on E4M9, that map looks really fun :)

a3d3-130s.zip

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

2002: A Doom Odyssey E3M7 - System Central(UV Max) by 8:29

lol fun map :)

cannonball said:

E3M7 uv max in 8:03
I give up, I've tried too hard at this one, couldn't get it below 8 minutes and moving on. At least this demo looks fairly nice

Thanks for the inspiration, guys! Now, E3M7 UV Max in 6:59.

a3d7-659.zip

SAV88 said:

Thanks for the inspiration, guys! Now, E3M7 UV Max in 6:59.

Wow, great run, there were a few stoppages so this could go lowers if anyone has the patience to do it, suppose this I probably the best level for patience as it's incredibly fun. I might redo this level now :P

I just don't seem to be able to get this damn map quick, any suggestions :S cause i'm really feel like quitting this one
Best effort E4M2 UV Max in 5:01
Note do not upload to DSDA, I will make a better one (hopefully)

a4d2-501.zip

Sorry for the late reply cannonball, I just got around to watching your demo. I found it hard to gauge my time on this map because of the amount of time spent shotgunning imps feels like forever no matter what. It can really test a speedrunner's patience...

Anyways I recorded a quick demo with a few route changes I would make. It's my first exit, so there are some rather hideous mistakes such as pulling out a empty chaingun at 2:10, wasting a rocket on my face in 4:07, and of course that cowardly cacodemon in the last room. Oh and don't forget my terrible baron punching, forgotten pinky, botched barrel kill after yk, and various missed shotgun shots throughout. Needless to say plenty of room for improvement :)

The final time is 4:39. Timing it next to yours I was behind 2 seconds grabbing the blue armor, but it seems I gained 20 seconds between then and when I exit the bk door with the rk. Perhaps you want to change your strategy in that area. Also I can't remember if you did this but you can save a second or two by waiting to get off the secret elevator to berserk which causes it to go back down.

Keep up the good work, I know you can do this one. Also including a demo with an epic barrel kill after yk.

a4d2-439.zip

Anyway just a demo for youtube really, so no point watching this tbh
E4M9 UV Max in 5:06
Finally got under 5:10 which was the aim
Killing that spider never gets old :P

a4d9-506.zip

Some meager improvements...

E1M3 UV-Max in 3:46, no changes just more aggressive play

E2M2 UV-Max in 4:54, new but trivial trick. I mention another potential trick in text file.

2002kcmmax.zip

A whole load of no monsters runs, all maps up to E3M4, excluding boss levels which are impossible to do
E1M1 - 0:17, E1M2 - 0:39, E1M3 - 0:14 (Yellow Keygrab)
E1M3 (secret exit) - 0:35, E1M4 - 1:50, E1M5 - 1:30
E1M6 - 2:02, E1M7 - 1:49, E1M9 - 1:28
E2M1 - 0:54, E2M2 - 1:43 (red Keygrab), E2M3 - 1:38
E2M4 - 2:14, E2M5 - 1:59, E2M6 - 1:07, E2M7 - 2:24
E2M9 - 1:15, E3M1 - 0:39, E3M2 - 1:17
E3M3 - 1:08 (yellow Keygrab), E3M4 - 1:18