Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DoOmEr4LiFe

ladders

do you think ladders should be in doom 3?? if id puts them in do you think a)you should be able to shoot from them and b)should certain enemies be able to climb them as well??

i think if id puts them in my opinons would be a)yes and b)only the imp and arch-vile, if any

oh i agree...i think ladders would suck in doom...i hope id doesnt put them in im just asking these if id did put 'em in

Tell me, can you really imagine an imp climbing a ladder and firing fire balls from it?!?

If it was a human, fine then, but it's a monster...

And do you really think you will actually see a ladder in dark, spooky DOOM enviroments?

Hehe, that's funny.

IMP on a ladder :-)

P.S

I wonder if Cacodemon makes a return, I sure hope so!

Imagine, cacodemon casting shadows on itself and on other cacodemons.

A cacodemon reflected on your helmet!

Cacodemon seems to be THE creature to ROCK with bumpmapping!

I can hardly wait for the game :)

If a ladder is suitable for the enviroment, then sure, by all means, stick one in! High tech bases on mars etc would probably rely mainly on lifts, but maybe in some rooms, like near a power reactor or something like that, where a lift would be a bit too much, it'd be great.

And you should only be able to climb it if you have at least one hand free, making some weapons unusable while climbing. fs, ever tried climbing a ladder saying "hey look, no hands!!"

LOL, visualize this:

Baron walks up to ladder, grabs it with his hands.
Baron climbs up a few steps.
Baron's face when he realizes that hooves aren't very suitable for ladder climbing.

:)

OF COURSE THERE SHOULD BE LADDERS.

What? A dynamic true 3D engine without them? Are you out of your mind? Let's remove multiple floors then...

You should be able to shoot 1 handed guns from a ladder, but only in static or climbing. Descending and firing would end in you falling to the ground.

About the Cacodemon...
A Cacodemon that realistic would be amazing! And I am sure we can expect him back:)
Imagine the Cacodemon open its mouth... u see the teeth even reflecting some lighting... slime dripples off , or maybe blood because it ate some other Cacodemon... Or even just a arm sticks out of its mouth after he ate a Zombie.

To the first post
I think ladders where good in Quake and would be good in Doom 3. Let’s just hope id Software gets some new monsters.

I know that when Apocalypsis arrives, I'll be hiding on the attic, so no "monster" can climb my MIGHTY LADDER AND GET ME MWHAWHAHH"AHH"AHAH"!!11

Ok. Let's bring this thread forward.

Replace the BFG with a Ladder for doom3. While you use this weapon, no monster will go near you, some will try to climb the ladder and fall to their deaths. Sounds good?