Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Acid

Panophobia -> CHECK OTHER TOPIC. THIS ONE IS DEAD.

Fresh New Topic~

--------------------------------------
Panophobia

What's this project?

Panophobia is a community project focusing on real life fears, such as the ever common arachnophobia, which is the fear of spiders.

Mapping style?

Gameplay wise, PURE vanilla, meaning no slopes, ACS, Decorate, deep water, etc. Still debating on the map pack (Sorry, some people will have to dropout) Gameplay should be more difficult, and completable with a pistol start. All monsters and weapons are allwoed. DEFAULT TEXTURES

Maplist

MAP01 - Cyberphobia (Fear of computers) - phobosdeimos1
MAP02 - Altophobia (Fear of heights) - 40oz
MAP03 - Atephobia (Fear of ruins) - MagnificentBeard
MAP04 - Necrophobia (Fear of death/dead things) - Jodwin
MAP05 - Hemophobia (Fear of blood) - PRIMEVAL
MAP06 - Carnophobia (Fear of meat) - BloodyAcid
MAP07 - Arachnophobia (Fear of Spiders) - MajorRawne
MAP08 - Agoraphobia (Fear of Crowded Spaces) - MajorRawne
MAP09 - Islophobia (Fear of being alone) - PabloD
MAP10 - Hydrophobia (Fear of water) - MajorRawne
MAP11 - Claustrophobia (Fear of confined spaces) - PabloD
MAP12 - Kenophobia (Fear of empty Spaces/voids) - Fisk
MAP13 - Autophobia (Fear of being alone) - fiend-o-hell
MAP14 - Agliophobia (Fear of pain) - TrueDude
MAP15 - Ballistophobia (Fear of missiles/bullets) - BloodyAcid
MAP16 - Ereuthophobia (Fear of the color red) - Olympus
MAP17 -

Wat. No moar space?

No worries, just post and it will be extended, just for you <3 Jks. Didn't want to overaim for my first community project, so just speak and it shall be added.

I've removed the list of phobias. If you want in, go look for some yourself.

You forgot a REALLY obvious one.

Hemophobia: The fear of blood.

Just make a level like map 12 of the Plutonia Experiment, with bloodfalls and hanging corpses everywhere. Be sure to place pools of blood and bloody mess 1 and 2 throughout the level also. You can't go wrong with that stuff.

Quite a few ones there that overlap, but that's alright, given what Doom is mostly about. Some of those conjure up some very easy ideas too! I'm busy working on Back to Saturn X, so I don't have time for this right now I'm afraid. Maybe later i'll sign up.

Good luck with the project though, it's a good idea.

Sounds like an interesting idea. I could probably map and help with music. I'm interested in seeing where this goes.

I think all those phobias are shrinks selling coined words to people as placebos. Hai, I fear one day being shrunk and captured inside a jar of pickles by a giant cat. Oh, you have finaktacatapicklephobia, that'll be 300 dollars.

homophobia
phobiaphobia
phobiaphobiaphobia
This one's cool:
Panophobia or Pantophobia- Fear of everything
I think I have that.

Let's see now:

Agliophobia (fear of pain) - Damaging floors, everywhere.
Altophobia (fear of heights) - Lots of precarious drops - falling damage would double the fear factor.
Arachnophobia - MAP07. Of course.
Atephobia (fear of ruin or ruins) - ROCK# and ASHWALL# everywhere.
Automysophobia (fear of being dirty) - Lots of sinkable mud and slime.
Autophobia (fear of being alone or of oneself) - One monster; and it's a ghost cyberdemon. In a maze.
Bibliophobia (fear of books) - Huge library level. OH GOD THE BOOKS
Cacophobia - "Sweet Christmas! Big-mouthed floating thingies! It's always something!"
Carnophobia (fear of meat) - Big slaughterhouse with snake floors, bloodfalls and gorey textures.
Claustrophobia - Self-explanatory.
Cleisiophobia (fear of being locked in an enclosed place) - Just one room and you have to find the key to get out. It's ridiculously well-hidden.
Cyberphobia - MAP31 all day.
Decidophobia (fear of making decisions) - Huge multicursal map with lots of doors, but they close behind you as you progress. Make a wrong turn and you'll fall victim to some horrendous inescapable trap.
Demonophobia - I ain't gotta explain shit.
Dendrophobia (fear of trees) - Almost entirely an outside map with tree obstacles used to create weird mazes.
Erythrophobia (fear of red) - EVERYTHING IS RED.
Frigophobia (fear of cold) - Ice level. Perhaps low-friction floors?
Hadephobia (fear of hell) - Final map?
Hagiophobia (fear of saints or holy things) - Big-ass church that reveals itself to be corrupted.
Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia (fear of the number 666) - Uh, I dunno. Have the number 666 on every wall, maybe.
Hoplophobia (fear of firearms) - An entirely Tyson map.

Jimmy91 said:

Arachnophobia - MAP07. Of course.

Map07 of Hell Revealed, more specifically.

Dendrophobia (fear of trees) - Almost entirely an outside map with tree obstacles used to create weird mazes.

That would be the last segment of silent night, holy fright, which was scary for all the wrong reasons.

Decidophobia- Fear of making decisions.

I was thinking of making this map even less linear than usual, having more large open areas rather than small corners, with more fork paths.

BloodyAcid said:

Decidophobia- Fear of making decisions.

I was thinking of making this map even less linear than usual, having more large open areas rather than small corners, with more fork paths.

But you're not sure?

esselfortium said:

But you're not sure?

Of course not. I've been hovering over the post button for AGES, until I misclicked :3

This sounds really interesting.I'll hang around this thread and see what happens.
Also,how about anatidaephobia (fear of being watched by a duck)?Would sure be funny if someone made a map around that idea.Preferably Xaser.

This actually seems like a really cool concept. Maybe to avoid confusion with Kristus' wad, call it Phobophobia - (Fear of Phobias)

Also, in terms of possible levels, maybe the final one could be Panophobia (fear of everything)

Janizdreg said:

I like the concept, but I also hope you will somehow make this differ in name from the classic Phobia WAD by Kristus.

Also, the ongoing Progressive Fiction project uses the Hadephobia title.

But I really like the concept, I'd definitly make a map (when I'll have time).

Looks promosing, I may map for this. Spread my name! :P

Anyway, I think it is ok to use Hadephobia even PFCP uses the same title because these are seperated things.

Jimmy91 said:

Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia (fear of the number 666) - Uh, I dunno. Have the number 666 on every wall, maybe.

I'd say have 666 on a wall in the starting room, have 666 monsters in the map or do everything in three clusters of 6.

@Janizdreg: Calling the project Phobiaphobia would work well to differentiate it from Kristus' project.

It'd also be quite easy to make a map where the player is alone... but the map is a lethal puzzle instead. Or of course, he's alone until he does that one action that unleashes the entire maps population.

There was a DM project once being made with this theme. They never finished though.

pizzabob18 said:

This actually seems like a really cool concept. Maybe to avoid confusion with Kristus' wad, call it Phobophobia - (Fear of Phobias)

Also, in terms of possible levels, maybe the final one could be Panophobia (fear of everything)

Or maybe use Panophobia for project title. Making a map with Panophobia in mind would be so unfocused that you would have to do something special in the highest degree to make the message come through. Maybe make a map full of kitchen sinks. Though that would be more humorous than I suspect this project is really aiming to be.

Panophobia would be much better as the project name than as a name and theme for a single level. I don't see any problem in one of the levels being called Hadephobia.

40oz said:

Can I have MAP02 Altophobia?

Vaporizer said:

Panophobia would be much better as the project name than as a name and theme for a single level. I don't see any problem in one of the levels being called Hadephobia.

Done and done. Mappers are welcome to signup.

Also note that if Cacophobia were to be in, it'd be a jokemap at the end of the wad.

Damn, this is THE BEST IDEA I've heard since I'm a member here... I'll play it definitely!

Maybe I'll join to tha map making, but this is the question of the future yet.

A Cacophobia map doesn't mean will be a non-sense map. It can be made with real details, but looking awkward. I'll try to prove it, by mapping for Cacophobia.

Sign me up for MAP04. But still I have to take care of some business before.

I can probably make a Fear of Blood (hemophobia) map. Not sure what would be a good map slot to put it in. Also, how is the progression gonna be? End/start with man-made teleporters? Hell portals/teleporters? Doors? However you feel?

By the way, I have new ideas to the phobia list, like as Jimmy had:

Aquaphobia – fear of water
Catoptrophobia - Fear of mirrors (ZDoom feature)
Gephyrophobia – fear of bridges
Pyrophobia – fear of fire
Radiophobia – fear of radioactivity or X-rays
Spectrophobia – fear of ghost and phantoms
Taphophobia – fear of the grave, or fear of being placed in a grave while still alive
Triskaidekaphobia, Terdekaphobia – fear of the number 13

C30N9 said:

A Cacophobia map doesn't mean will be a non-sense map. It can be made with real details, but looking awkward. I'll try to approve it, by mapping for Cacophobia.

Sign me up for MAP04. But still I have to take care of some business before.

Done.

PRIMEVAL said:

I can probably make a Fear of Blood (hemophobia) map. Not sure what would be a good map slot to put it in. Also, how is the progression gonna be? End/start with man-made teleporters? Hell portals/teleporters? Doors? However you feel?

The main concept of this wad is to reflect the chosen phobia, so anything goes in terms of style and exits.

Also, try to aim for more difficult maps ;) Each map HAS to be completable with a pistol start. ALL weapons allowed for any map, and ALL monsters allowed.

Edit: Here are some more for some ideas :3

Kenophobia- Fear of voids or empty spaces.
Koinoniphobia- Fear of rooms.
Leukophobia- Fear of the color white.
Lygophobia- Fear of darkness.
Megalophobia- Fear of large things.
Metallophobia- Fear of metal.
Mycrophobia- Fear of small things.
Necrophobia- Fear of death or dead things.
Nyctophobia- Fear of the dark or of night.