Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I actually like Marnetmar's ending idea. Sort of like a 'there's more to this than you think' situation. Just barely hitting the surface of what Hell has to offer. At least, that's what I got out of it.

I certainly wouldn't mind it turning out that demons have infested multiple dimensions, and you've only succeeded in clearing out one of them. That's an interesting concept. I just grow weary of the "demons and Hell don't exist. They're ALIIIIEENSS" crap.

Well I didn't mean to imply that they're aliens, but that you're not actually in Hell, since Demons can't be destroyed in Hell.

I actually like the interpretation that the demons have invaded multiple dimensions, and that you've only cleared out one. It leaves a decent cliffhanger should a sequel ever be made.

EDIT: Also, I've finished the foreground for the title screen:

darkreaver said:

Also he was just throwing out an idea.

So was I. That's all it really is. :/

Ultimately, it's up to the maintainer of this project what the story is, but he did ask what we thought of it so I was just throwing in my 2 cents. Either way, I enjoyed making those maps and I look forward to the release of another megawad. :)

valkiriforce, do you want to continue MAP23? If no, it is up for someone else. Have lost interest since 64 mapping.

Also, I'm pulling off as a tester for a reason. Sorry.

C30N9 said:

valkiriforce, do you want to continue MAP23? If no, it is up for someone else. Have lost interest since 64 mapping.

Also, I'm pulling off as a tester for a reason. Sorry.

Certainly! Send it my way and I'll take a look at it.

Awesome shots, everybody. Looking forward to seeing more.

I finished the map C30N9 sent me; now sending "Bloody Castle" to Matt534Dog. Consider it a collaboration effort between me and C30N9.

Only 3/4 testers?

If so, I'd like testing slot 4/4 if you don't mind! Really excited with this project overall, would love to be a tester. :)

phobosdeimos1 said:

Are we nearly finished on this? I can't wait to plizzle it

FFFFUUUUUUUU

So much seconded.

Looking forward to this, and I actually feel bad I didn't contribute anything to it but alas not enough free time and too much going on IRL.

The ironic thing is I still have enough time to lurk and make crappy posts on this forum though.

What's going on in your real life? Hope you're busy because of positive activities taking up your time,

I wish one day all of Doomworld had an IRL meeting, I'd love to actually be IRL friends with (some) of you Human beings, I mean we're all on the same Earth

My map is taking a very long time to complete. If you guys would like, I'll withdraw from this project because I'd really hate if the only thing I'm doing is slowing it down.

MegaDoomer said:

If so, I'd like testing slot 4/4 if you don't mind! Really excited with this project overall, would love to be a tester. :)

Nice to have you on board. :)

phobosdeimos1 said:

I wish one day all of Doomworld had an IRL meeting, I'd love to actually be IRL friends with (some) of you Human beings, I mean we're all on the same Earth

It'd be funny to get a photograph of everyone who worked on this and call it the Interception team.

Marnetmar said:

My map is taking a very long time to complete. If you guys would like, I'll withdraw from this project because I'd really hate if the only thing I'm doing is slowing it down.

I strongly doubt the project will be completed before you finish your map. There's still the music to be made for the project, after all. I've been sitting at three more songs for Reverie for awhile.

valkiriforce said:

Nice to have you on board. :)

Thanks. :)

Is there currently a testing alpha/compilation of the project's completed work so far, or will testing not begin until all/more maps are done? If there is a version with all completed maps to date out for the testers, or even an archive of all completed maps to date, I'd appreciate a copy of it. :) You could PM me or email to bdl816@aol.com. If there is no easily compiled version of what's done so far yet or testing doesn't start until more maps are finished that is acceptable too though. I'd just like to be up-to-date on things and have what any other testers have received so far. :)

Usually, the mappers send you their individual maps for testing. But, a compilation might be made, with story, art, and music included, for feedback on the pacing of the maps and whatnot.

Matt534Dog said:

Usually, the mappers send you their individual maps for testing. But, a compilation might be made, with story, art, and music included, for feedback on the pacing of the maps and whatnot.

If one is made, I'd appreciate it. :) No pressure though.

Will these maps have to be coop compatible?

FYI, my E3 map will fuck up badly in coop because of all the room-over-room effects.

Crap, now that I think about it my map might not work that well in co-op either because of the tight corridors and one-way door traps.

valkiriforce said:

Yep, had to remove the 3D bridge I put into one of the maps I made.

That sucks. :(

I can't remove some of the 3D stuff because it's too integral to the rest of the map. Maybe I could make a separate coop area?

Ah god add another 10 weeks then.. :'(

I designed with co-op in mind, but mainly made very deathmatchable areas that I've already tested, It'd be good if some testers teamed up for co-op testing

Matt534Dog said:

As long as it works, but then how would they get 100% kills and secrets?

Tag all the monsters in the area with "multiplayer only".