Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

[Megawad] Back to Saturn X - April Fools! Real E2 pictures on page 9 :)

Not bad, it has that old school vibe down, but still needs some work. I got HOM effect on first map so had to use PrBoom. Also, maybe too much health?

hex11 said:

Not bad, it has that old school vibe down, but still needs some work. I got HOM effect on first map so had to use PrBoom. Also, maybe too much health?

You definitely shouldn't be getting HOM on the first map. We've tested extensively in chocorenderlimits.

NiuHaka said:

*looks around the room in confusion* ... what the hell is going on in here?

Obhack generated levels

Speaking of quitting, guess what we coincidentally aren't doing!

Please welcome to the stage...

RottKing

Travers Dunne

Matt "Mista_T" Tropiano

Valkiriforce

Brian "Snakes" Knox

(And hey, look, episode 3 exists!)

I bet the purple is subtle foreshadowing, and the secret level will have unicorns, ponies and rainbows... And Led Zeppelin soundtrack!

hex11 said:

I bet the purple is subtle foreshadowing, and the secret level will have unicorns, ponies and rainbows... And Led Zeppelin soundtrack!

Damn it's like my sister's grade school trapper keeper!

Also, looks great, can't wait to play this but will have to, you guys rock, etc..

I like those blue checkerboard tiles in Snakes' shot. Also like the mossy building in Mista_T's one. Those are the ones that drive home that the textures are effectively new (because the hexagons, startan clones, and concrete stripes don't really feel new even if they are).

I assume you screwed with the palette for this one? Those pretty blues and purples don't seem like something regular DOOM could handle.

Also I believe the purples are fullbright at all levels of the colormap, so you get some hot purple highlights here and there.

It's a very different pallette from the original - aside from the obvious changes with the blues and purples there's also a lot of changes around reds (particularly how they fade) and oranges. I think the browns, greens and greys have been tweaked a bit too.

I'm curious as to what the status bar looks like for this, have you made up a new one or are you just using the original?

TrueDude said:

I'm curious as to what the status bar looks like for this, have you made up a new one or are you just using the original?

it's completely new, although a piece of it isn't done yet afaik.

Essel... saw you on the Twoism forum for BOC. No wonder now the quality of this :-)))))) Should we expect this in a matter of ... "months" ?