Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mirko

How did you get your Gamename? What is it?

I use Archvile68 for just about every game/console I play (Xbox, Playstation, Minecraft).

The Arch-Viles are awesome and I just pulled 68 out of my ass after giving up trying to find a name that I could use that didn't require a number. It just kind of stuck ever since.

As far as whether it's gamertag or gamername, etc. I just refer to it all as a Username.

My name actually comes from a very famous chinese novel - The House of Red Chamber. This novel is also one of the China's 4 Great Classical Novels.

The name Daiyu Xiaoxiang isn't an English name. It's a Hanyu Pinyin translation. Daiyu Xiaoxiang is another name of Lin Daiyu, who is one of the most famous character, also the main character of House of Red Chamber. And Xiaoxiang actually refers to Xiaoxiang Princess. Lin Daiyu is a young woman with just 10HP born in Suzhou, she moves to Da Guanyuan located in Nanjing after her mum dead. At Da Guanyuan, very soon she falls in love with Jia Baoyu, who's the son of Da Guanyuan's chief, also a useless dumbass and sissy. Lin Daiyu have a lot of nice(Also sad) stories with Jia Baoyu, one of the most famous one is burying flowers. Because she was too weak, therefore dead at 18 years old.

Lin Daiyu maybe really too weak, or too emotional. But she's always my favourite character of House of Red Chamber. I like her way of acting and she's beautiful. I hope that she can be a different person if she's in modern world. Therefore I use her name as my internet name as well as gamename, hoping to "reinforce" her.

It's hard to describe everything in English. Maybe understanding chinese culture is better. And here's related links with it:

House of Red Chamber: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream_of_the_Red_Chamber

Lin Daiyu: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lin_Daiyu

Xiaoxiang: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiaoxiang

When I was a kid, I had some weird fascination with putting Es on the end of words that didn't originally have them. Bashe was a result, and it somehow stuck.

I don't know what fixated me in adding a title to my first name that had that me use it on almost every shooter game out there I played. Tho lately I just use Glaice, which I thought up off of the word glacier (which is also my furry alias :v).

I did also use Cyrin for Unreal Tournament 2004 back then tho.

When I joined Doomworld I used to exclusively play vanilla. I never thought I'd find a need for those new-fangled source ports.

This might sound a bit contrived, but bear with me:

I have quite a round-shaped head, and when I was younger and into my weed a lot more I was nicknamed "Onion", which evolved into "Pickled Onion" due to my somewhat altered state of mind, then "Scallion" (a spring onion) and then one night I was under the influence and made some random comment and a mate just came off with "SCALLIANOOOOOO!!!!!"

It sort of stuck.

My first multiplayer FPS experience where I could actually specify a name was Quake, and I just came up with something cheesy on the spot. Years later, this is what I go by, although I use Seismos as an alternative alias, which is basically the same thing, except in a latin-ized greek and without the tonos.

The countless number of times I exchanged the Angels with Filthy Souls dialog with my friend. Johnny isn't my name and I associate AC with a Saved by the Bell character far too much to have that as my name... plus Snakes sounds cooler.

I have never had a committed game name and change it every few months or so.

Right now it is Full Cream Milk Man, which is a joke about semen, and children.

I'd claim that my name here had some tangential relation to the Mithraic mysteries, but that would be a blatant lie, of course.

Also entirely unrelated (but sort of similar sounding) is the deceased Indian theatrical figure "Mithran Devanesan". A bit more strikingly, there's apparently a software engineer somewhere out there named "Mithran Dennison", who is also not me.

My real name is Kristian (Christian). Kristus is the swedish word for Christ. When I got it I was half hoping that someone religious would be offended and start a discussion. But it only happened once so far (actually last week). Though many people asked me if I am religious.

So many different stories from so many different people.

I think I would go by my first name, but my first name is Mate Pronounced "Mar-Teh" or as my Aussie friends like to pronounce it "Mar-Tay". As you can see, if you see someone named "Mate" you wouldn't pronounce it like "Mar-Teh" Unless you knew me :D

Mirko said:

I think I would go by my first name, but my first name is Mate Pronounced "Mar-Teh" or as my Aussie friends like to pronounce it "Mar-Tay". As you can see, if you see someone named "Mate" you wouldn't pronounce it like "Mar-Teh" Unless you knew me :D

Why care about how someone else would pronounce your name? I'm pretty sure (almost) no one here would spell my name as "Yodvin", which would be the original way (since I'm Finnish).

yellowmadness54 said:

Mine came from a quote from homestar runner "dripping yellowmadness"

For the longest time, your name sounded strangely familiar. Now I see why! Good taste in online cartoons. :P

SeanWJF said:

Speaking of game name changes; I used to be sean wjf, then I became seanwjf, then briefly I was seanwjmf, then Sean WJF and finally SeanWJF.

The evolutionary process is astounding, isn't it?