Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang

2002ADO demos [-complevel 3]

cannonball said:

Good work on the Episode 1 max NoobBait, makes me wonder whether I should try that again :P

Thanks and of course you should (: My run was the result of 3 total completions, and yours of 2. I think your 4th or maybe even 3rd completion will achieve quite a nice time.

Episode 1 No Monsters TAS in 7:16 (e1m1-e1m7)

I wasn't going to post this, but I guess it doesn't really matter. I mainly did this for the jumps in e1m4, I'm sure I'm not the first person to find them.

ad1x716.zip

One thing I find missing here is a strafejump in e1m5 (right after the blue key, author: Ramon Demestre)

Ah that's what I get for not watching the old demo, I missed that in my own uv-speed demo for that map as well. I may or may not correct that, depends on how lazy I'm feeling later.

Cannonball wrote in his A3D4-606 textfile:
So perhaps a late 5:4X is the optimum time here.

Here is a proof that even 3:55 is far from optimum. It turned out easier than I thought during the first 100-110 hours of attempts.
Enjoy my strategy! And thank you for your stylish 5:48 run.

P. S. This is my 99th demo entry. The 100th one will be better.

a3d4-355.zip

SAV88 said:

It turned out easier than I thought during the first 100-110 hours of attempts.

now i have to wipe spit off my screen

for one single map? holy shit.

it's a pretty cramped map, things can go wrong because of monsters that just get in the way.

That demo was phenomenal, and the time is unreal. I never would have expected it to go that low. That makes two recent demos now from one of my favorite speed runners, on one of my favorite wads. Looking forward to your 100th demo.

Wow, 1ntru suggested skipping monsters to get the time down to me at the time, but this is truly exceptional and different way of playing this level, can't wait for your 100th demo.

Thanks for the appreciation, 2002ADO fans!

To Cannonball: I'm also looking forward to your new Vile Flesh records, especially for MAP24, which is pushable under 10 minutes by you.

E1M8 UV Max in 1:27
Sorry for the rather pointless demo, just was bored and wanted to improve my crappy time.
I wonder what the updated version of this wad will be like....and yes hopefully he will fix e3m3 and e1m5 for starts.
In relation to SAV88's post, I will probably work on the vile flesh runs after my synoptic exam in mid-January.

a1d8-127.zip

I haven't even touched this wad since I heard Paul decided to pointlessly release another version...perhaps for sake of demoing I should pretend that never happened and just record on the current version.

NoobBait said:

I haven't even touched this wad since I heard Paul decided to pointlessly release another version...perhaps for sake of demoing I should pretend that never happened and just record on the current version.

I didn't hear about this... is this the George Lucas effect?

Vile said:

I didn't hear about this... is this the George Lucas effect?

Perhaps, but I don't understand what Paul hopes to achieve. At least Lucas had twenty years of cinematic technology he hoped to add :P

Well it's his levels so he has the right to do with them as he pleases. I do sympathize though, since I feel the wad was fine despite possible tweaks being made, but other changes are going to be less well-received, especially if maps that people like end up getting nixed.

Us demo-recorders are lucky, incidentally. Our output comes from playing the game rather than making new levels, so we're not subjected to the same level of scrutiny. Plus, if our work is improved, or we go back to do it ourselves, then pretty much everyone is happy. :P

NoobBait said:

But my e4m9 :(

I don't think you should worry to be honest, the old wad will still be one where most demos were posted, where we made an effort to improve the times made by the original demopack. I don't think an updated version would spoil that work.
I think PCorf has taken it too far though, I know some maps need tweaking to make them playable, it's gone to a point of 'if it ain't broke' etc levels. I feel that he should put his efforts into a new episode or just a couple of levels rather than this. Sorry Paul as I hate to say something negative about probably one of my favourite mappers :/

NoobBait said in E3M8 UV-Max in 3:42 textfile:
In the end, I managed to save ten seconds from Vile's demo due to tactics change, despite inferior play

Hey, you managed to beat his time by 10 seconds even though that demo by him was already amazing. Good job! :)

NoobBait said:

E3M8 UV-Max in 3:42 :)

Fantastic job, it was pretty much vile's best demo of the set. Well done :)

NoobBait said:

E2M9 UV-Max in 3:41

Great stuff! Gotta love the Cyber infighting.

Now I want to see who is going to beat Vile's E3M5, since that's by far the hardest map in the wad!