Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kristian Ronge

Kama Sutra demos [-complevel 2]

j4rio said:
Well I'll look at it. Seems like there is no way to simply rush for Bee Ef Gee.

Unfortunately no, as it seems uv speed shortcut doesn´t help. You need red keycard to open the way from BFG back to rest of the map. Pity, that author of this map was so stupid.

Wanted to give this a try using the Adult Route, so here you go.

Map30 - <|>
NM-Speed
0:18

Recorded using doom2.exe -file ksutra.wad

kn30-018.zip

I didn't see any demos at all for the Adult Route on UV-Speed and that's what prompted this.

Oh, and while I'm at it, I probably should've had them in the same zip. Whatev.

Map30 - <|>
UV-Speed
0:18

Recorded using doom2.exe -file ksutra.wad

ks30-018.zip

a bunch of hardcore tablefillers. :)

map06 uv-pacifist in 0:12
map09 uv-pacifist in 0:16
map16 nm-speed in 0:47

ksdew6.zip

Nice job Tatsurd on your 0:16. At first I thought that was a run for the Adult Route and I was about to flip because I'm pretty sure 17 is optimal there haha. Anyway, that's still nothing short of awesome, keep up the good work!

blob1024 said:

megaspheres?

They're there for tyson players so what?
Well, let's say that the playing standards were somehow lower for me those 7 (or so) years ago. nowadays, I would do things placement a little differently (probably in whole wad).
And thanks for great demos, ecsp. map18! (finally somebody ;-)
Hope to watch more of them.

Gusta said:

They're there for tyson players so what?
Well, let's say that the playing standards were somehow lower for me those 7 (or so) years ago. nowadays, I would do things placement a little differently (probably in whole wad).
And thanks for great demos, ecsp. map18! (finally somebody ;-)
Hope to watch more of them.

:) no idea how much freetime ill have next days, but ill watch a few other levels (most i never even played yet)

edit: btw mine wasnt a critic Gusta! I actually consider the larger amount of recovery items quite a constant in the wad, and an excellent way to let player play aggressively against hordes of monsters. Would be tedious and more boring to -for example- being forced to snipe with SSG 2 cybs to avoid risks. I'm just not used to it, its like paradise for me eheh

ksutra.wad
map19 uv-max 06:51*

having tried for hours to get closer again to this time, I gotta say that it looks like the 3 archviles at the redkey door went very very good. Failing every promising attempt there now.

ks19-651.zip

ksutra.wad
map25 uv-max 03:30*

now, I didnt expect 10s improvement here (or at least not by this single evening). but i guess we aren't very far from optimal time now.

ks25-330.zip

blob1024 said:

ksutra.wad
map25 uv-max 03:30*

now, I didnt expect 10s improvement here (or at least not by this single evening). but i guess we aren't very far from optimal time now.

Badman demo right here! Download this one. Anyone think a respawn demo is possible (without too much frustration) on this one? I had tried it last year before I lost interest in speedrunning, but only made it about 3/7 through the map.

TendaMonsta said:

I lost interest in speedrunning

Okaaaay... Which reminds me your Biowar bunch never got to DSDA, probably treated as a Work in Progress project... Were those demos improved? Was anything recorded after that?

There were a few demos after that post for Biowar, but I got a new computer and didn't get all the files from the old computer so goodbye to those. My newest demos were made under the name NebulousDoomer. Don't ask why I made another account (I'm crazy, well kind of but that's a long story) but it's being used for uploading random demos to youtube (piece of shit website now) which is inactive somewhat due to laziness and somewhat due to the wifi where I'm now living now (It's unstable).

I'm going to just use this account because I've got my brain in-balance now :P

Oh, also I'm going to be doing some more speedruns in the near future (unless something happens to my laptop or mouse).

May I get your permission to upload the Biowar demos to the DSDA? They are far better than the existing ones. I prepared a (rather raw) .txt for your UV Max collection.

biowartmtxt.zip

vdgg said:

May I get your permission to upload the Biowar demos to the DSDA? They are far better than the existing ones. I prepared a (rather raw) .txt for your UV Max collection.

You don't need my permission for that but since you asked. Yes moderator vdgg, you may upload those to the DSDA page. After watching some of those I realized that they were pretty good (for me at least). I think I lost interest in speedrunning (and a numerous amount of other things) because I was too hard on myself and my state of mind was shit back then.

ksutra.wad
map06 uv-max 04:51*

tried to get some faster exit, but the imps arent cooperating at all. According to my best intermissions, 5s should be piece of cake to dig ;o

ks06-451.zip

darkreaver said:

You need to whip those imps and teach them to behave before attempting a run

ksutra.wad
map06 uv-max 04:44*

don't miss the extra-demo, which caused some foul words shouted this morning **

ks06-444.zip

ksutra.wad
map14 uv-max 05:45*

pretty lucky with 1 cyb and the MM, but !"$£% mancubus after picking the megasphere almost fried me right away. lol

ks14-545.zip

ksutra.wad
map29 uv-max 27:42*

too bad for the timewasted in the faster time, and the single digit health left in the 27:58 (better looking one imho) which let me slowdown a LOT. Might return on the level, but i'd best to upload this now, since d3 is incoming and I'm mostlikely returning inactive for a while :)
enjoy!

ks29-2742.zip

Map28 "Hard Target"
UV -respawn in 8:04

1,716 enemies in a tiny congested area that all want to respawn? No problem with a bit of forethought.

kr28-804.zip