Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Murdoch

Doom in Windows XP?

I have win xp pro. You can use any port you want. My old computer had a problem with zdoom. The keys seemed to stick, and other source ports didn't run correctly. To fix this right click your source port you wanna use, and click properties. Find the Compatibility tab. Click "Run this program in Compatibility Mode for". Click the down arrow and finally click Windows 98/ME then press apply.

Hoped that helped

I haven't done much playing in XP yet, but I noticed ZDoom's MIDI is completely and utterly broken in XP whereas it's perfect in 95/98. It plays, but the tempo changes and the songs skips about 10 times per second, worse than trying to play a cd dragged down 100 miles of asphalt road with a 5lb weight on top of it.

The framerate is a bit faster though.

Lüt said:

worse than trying to play a cd dragged down 100 miles of asphalt road with a 5lb weight on top of it.

Heh, that sounds like an understatement, lol ;)

My Win95 machine boots into the desktop with no waiting curson in 30 seconds.

With XP, rebooting is not required. The only times my machine boots up is when I move it to another room or building.

Boom-derivative DOS ports don't work in 2000 or XP.

I use zdoom beta with no probs cept for special triggers for wolfendoom but then i just got 32 megs for my ti994a lol