Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

What do you think the community will do with the Doom3 source code after its release?

Is there a Doom 2 Fortress or is this a Team Fortress but with the Doom 3 engine?

The Team Fortress series started with Quake. There was never a Doom/DoomII fortress.

Dr. Durr is suggesting that since every id game developed completely in-house since Quake has had a Fortress mod built for it, Doom 3 will follow in this tradition with the release of its source code.

But as I said, if Doom3 Fortress were going to happen, it would've happened already.

Redeemer812 said:

The Team Fortress series started with Quake. There was never a Doom/DoomII fortress.

Dr. Durr is suggesting that since every id game developed completely in-house since Quake has had a Fortress mod built for it, Doom 3 will follow in this tradition with the release of its source code.

But as I said, if Doom3 Fortress were going to happen, it would've happened already.

There's already a Fortress mod for Id Tech 4. It started on Doom3 but moved to Quake 4 and was released as an alpha or beta version. Though never finished. http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-4-fortress

kristus said:

Though never finished.

An apt description for 90% of idTech 4 mods period, it seems.

Would be nice to see an ETQW clone with Marines vs Demonic Marines instead of EDF vs Strogg.

It would be great if the source code release would be used to fix the various map editor bugs. While it is stable when working normally, if you try anything special, it crashes.

If the source code ever does come out and if I even bother to learn how to code/program with it I would try to make my own Jedi Knight styled game as raven software & lucasarts aren't ever going to make a sequal to Jedi Outcast on the id tech4 engine, but one can only dream.

Doomsfall said:

If the source code ever does come out and if I even bother to learn how to code/program with it I would try to make my own Jedi Knight styled game as raven software & lucasarts aren't ever going to make a sequal to Jedi Outcast on the id tech4 engine, but one can only dream.

Someone at least got started on that. I don't know what's happened to it, though.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-3-jedi/images