Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Icarus Demos [-complevel 2]

MAP17 NM-Speed in 2:19

That leaves 6 undone nightmares: 01, 11, 16, 20, 23 and 29. I tried map16, but the last battle is insane... And I can't get the BFG because of all the monsters.

ic17n219.zip

Memfis said:

That leaves 6 undone nightmares: 01, 11, 16, 20, 23 and 29.

Icarus MAP23 NM100S in 2:06

No wonder this was undone. I've never used this many swear words while recording :P

ic23s206.zip

Hmm, it desyncs for me. :( (rocket suicide at ~0:26) Damn, I want to see it! My best attempt ended after I already got the red key. I was sooooo angry!

Memfis said:

Hmm, it desyncs for me. :( (rocket suicide at ~0:26) Damn, I want to see it! My best attempt ended after I already got the red key. I was sooooo angry!

I tried to Viddump my demo with PrBoom 2.5.1.2 and it desynched exactly at 0:26! It works perfectly in older PrBooms though. Why could it be? I changed all my config to perfectly match both PrBoom versions and it still desyncs!

Anyways, here is a video for it:

I want to know who is going to be crazy enough to push this to sub-2 :D

I don't recall that map since when I was doing some tysons for icarus. Damn, this map just ripes for it, although anything below 50 minutes or so would be an achievement. Plethora of infighting possible and saving those 450 or so bullets for last 6 HKs and baron... urgh, not sure if I want to try it.

j4rio said:

I don't recall that map since when I was doing some tysons for icarus. Damn, this map just ripes for it, although anything below 50 minutes or so would be an achievement. Plethora of infighting possible and saving those 450 or so bullets for last 6 HKs and baron... urgh, not sure if I want to try it.

This level looks like a real pain to Tyson. No berserk and quite a lot of heavy monsters for not many bullets. Not only there are 6 HKs and a Baron but also a Mancubus, 2 Archies, Pain Elemental, Cacos, Spectres, etc. If NM needed patience and a fresh mind, Tyson would need it 5 times more!

Memfis said:

fixed (broken since 2011-Sep-01)

Wow, NMs on ic17 and ic23. Not ones I thought I was ever likely to see.

Donce made some serious NM efforts on ic16. I think he uploaded his best attempt recently.

I looked hard at ic20 for a way to use a void glide, but couldn't find a route between the breakout and breakin points.

In ic29, there might be a void glide possibility, but I haven't verified it myself (someone else claimed that was so). Still a messy map for NM though.

I guess ic01 and ic11 would just be damned tough fights that someone with great NM skills might take on. If Icarus had been chosen as a Compet-n pwad (I never understood why it wasn't), we might already have seen them.

Thanks, entryway!

1ntru, your demo is great! And thanks for recording, now I don't have to do it. :)

Grazza said:

Donce made some serious NM efforts on ic16. I think he uploaded his best attempt recently.

Where?

Thanks.
Last battle looks absolutely impossible if you don't have the BFG...

EDIT: another idea is to stay silent in this area. Then the teleporting monsters will not hear you because of "block sound" lines!

Memfis said:

Demonstration of that silent trick:

Memfis! Can you please tell me what exactly is going on in that demo?

You go silent in the red key area just as you Plasma the Revenant, and Arch-Vile doesn't teleport to the final room?

I'm thinking of giving ic16n a go!

Yes, you got it right.
I would be glad to see ic16n. I try it from time to time but the final battle is still very difficult for me, even without the arch-vile.

Memfis said:

Yes, you got it right.
I would be glad to see ic16n. I try it from time to time but the final battle is still very difficult for me, even without the arch-vile.

MAP16 NM Speed in 3:25

Holy hell, this was hard!! Thanks Memfis, for the silent trick. Very lucky ending.

ic16n325.zip

So I find my stuck in Deus Vult 2 and think to myself that if I'm replaying something over and over, might as well be recording something.

Strange that no one's tried to improve the non-TAS UV Max record as it is stupidly easy to do in under 10 minutes. If I'm going to improve the existing record, make it a big one and decided it was within my limited skills to push it under 7 minutes. Though I make no mention in the textfile, I do not use the HUD to track kills; I used a setup that can be replicated in Doom2.exe.

I'm satisfied with the time though there's considerable room for improvement. There's a number of little mistakes and I'm completely incapable of SR50 which would make a difference due to a substantial amount of running from place to place. I do reach my target time so it's good enough to share.

ic14-646.zip

MAP19 UV Max in 3:50

I also tried MAP01 Max/reality, unfortunately I can't get past lava unharmed (just two treks), have 7 "r3ality" maxes so far, maybe one day...

ic19-350.zip