Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vortex Lord

[solved] Texture Problem

THIS is my problem! And I don`t know why the hell is like this and how to fix it! Please help!
Textures won`t map on walls like they are down on Doom Builder 2 screenshot while I`m playing in ZDoom and GZDoom!

Image removed, problem solved! Thanks guys...
And thanks to Kappes Buur!

Try a different nodebuilder (set in tools > game configurations option). I remember having a similar problem with ZDBSP some years ago.

That bug has been fixed ages ago - and it only shows in non-ZDoom based engines. This looks like a Doombuilder bug.

Are you referring to the switch texture? I think it might be because of how you offset it, but I might be wrong. I ran into a similar problem not that long ago where the alignment of that very same texture looked as intended in PrBoom+ but not in ZDoom. The texture in question is 72px tall, I believe, so maybe it has something to do with that weird texture dimension quirk some ports have (my mind is failing to remember what it's called).

So try re-aligning your texture in a few different ways (either in a up or down direction) and see if you can get it to work. When I did that in my situation, it fixed the issue.

I'm not sure what's going on with your other texture alignments though...I wasn't sure if you were referencing that or both textures. In the case of your STARTAN alignments...I'm assuming the advice already given might help you out.

phobosdeimos1 said:

Are you using gzdoom 3d mode plugin or regular visual mode?

GZDoom visual mode!

Guys it`s a test map. Both switch and that door texture inside that split wall.

I guess you are not mapping in the UDMF format.
As Codeimp has stated multiple times, the GZDoom Preview plugin is for UDMF, so it will be somewhat buggy for other formats.

If you are mapping for Doom in Hexen format, then you can still use the GZDoom Preview plugin for adjusting sector heights etc but not for texture alignment. You may see the texture moving but the offset values are not updated.

If you have not bound the regular preview mode and the GZDoom preview mode to different keys, then do so now, because you will need them both.
Use the regular mode to align textures.