Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Avoozl

Sublimal things in Doom 3

I just continued a third playthrough of Doom 3 which I stopped play midway a few years ago and started to notice a few things which I never did before like for example: the gargoyle statues in hell have 2 sets of breasts, a female soul in the green hell teleport has breasts showing http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/296/doom3shot0fb.jpg/ and the female spider like demon is named vagery. Is there anything else which I have missed already?

Grazza said:

Maybe you missed the g*at*e references.

Well I most likely missed anything like that. :P

Doomsfall said:

the female spider like demon is named vagery.

No, she's named vagary.

I'm not sure what there was to notice in that name, either. Have you noticed the freaky bug babies are named Cherubs? So subliminal...

Also don't see the big deal about boobs. Have you noticed they have mouths, too? And the female damned ghost is the only one with an intact nose! So game-changing! So worldview twisting! So paradigm shifting!

But thank you for putting a giant blue arrow to show us where the boobs are located. Some people around here probably are not familiar enough with female anatomy to locate the breasts on a female torso.

TITS! PHUCK YEAH! I'M GONNA GO HAVE A WANK!

[EDIT]
As I post this, Swashbuckle posts ( o Y o ) as a status...

Gez said:

Also don't see the big deal about boobs.

Nudity in mainstream gaming is relatively new and taboo. I remember reading a preview of Doom 3 where the author described seeing a mutilated naked female corpse on an autopsy table, and thinking iD kind of sold out when I couldn't find it in the finished game. I don't think I ever noticed the things the OP pointed out until this thread, either.

Uhm...I looked at the screenshot and noticed exactly ONE pair of breasts on the female, so I don't really get what you're talking about. Also, what is "subliminal" about breasts?

GoatLord said:

Uhm...I looked at the screenshot and noticed exactly ONE pair of breasts on the female, so I don't really get what you're talking about. Also, what is "subliminal" about breasts?

I meant the gargoyle statues at the start of hell had two pairs, I used "sublimal" as I couldn't think of the right word.

Coopersville said:

Nudity in mainstream gaming is relatively new and taboo.

Kinda why there are so many nudie mods for games...

I disagree with that statement about nudity being relatively "new" and "taboo." Well, the "taboo" part, yeah, okay, but there were "Nude Raider" mods almost 15 years ago, and there were dirty games featuring nudity on the NES, even the Atari.

Some wiki answers thing says that humans can have up to 18 nipples or breasts. 4 breasts is nothing :P

GoatLord said:

I disagree with that statement about nudity being relatively "new" and "taboo." Well, the "taboo" part, yeah, okay, but there were "Nude Raider" mods almost 15 years ago, and there were dirty games featuring nudity on the NES, even the Atari.

Those weren't licensed games or mods, hence "mainstream gaming."