Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Green Herring

The /idgames/levels/doom Exploration Demo Thread (New: random selection 2 by 4shock)

Five runs for four WADs with existing demos. Didn't want them lost in the abyss that is Misc Demos thread, hope you don't mind, TGH.
In three cases (except the last) the old demos are really old and almost painfully slow/disorganized, so the new runs are all drastically faster (even as I share Maikl's belief that a speedrun is not the best way to show off a level). I'm not into beating other people's times but when those times can be easily cut in half something gotta give. ;)

• AURORA1.WAD by Ky Ma - UV Max in 7:09, an improvement of 12 minutes on MT's ancient run from 1998. Ever seen a Cyberdemon fly? :)
  • BNBEYOND.WAD by Jason Michelsen. Nine years ago some anonymous llama sporting an underscored nym recorded a mind-bogging mess of an HMP Max at 37:41. This has been improved to 15:53 for 2011. If you wonder about the HMP part, read the WAD's and the demo's TXT files.
    Also included is a UV Max in 11:00, played as the WAD's author intended it - with the Super Weapons DeHackEd patch (use SUPRWEP8.DEH from the DeHackEd v3.1 distro for playback). Both demos are here.
  • FIFFY6.WAD (from 1fiffy6.zip) by George "King REoL" Fiffy - UV Max in 10:44. Sorry to be hitting on your gf favorite WAD series, TGH, but she is one sexy MILF and Maikl's 25-min max was just a one-night stand. :P
  • FRED.WAD by Jeff Blank.

Ryback wrote in fred-ryb.txt:
    This level has had demos recorded on it before, both in this carnation and its later, more detailed version (renamed Balllock). But come on, who can resist taking a look at a level named "fred.wad'?

To paraphrase a Russian saying, "the fried chicken strikes back" with a NM Speed in 0:57. :D

Continuing with the exploration quest proper, here are demos for a further six W*.WADs, one of which is a mini-episode and one I just submitted to /idgames.

• White Room (WHITROOM.WAD) by Doug Ryerson - a fine little level I first played (in a slightly modified form) when recording the GM demopack for HEROES.WAD. For the original I recorded a UV Max in 2:57, a NM Speed in 1:58 and a short -nomonsters bug demo that demonstrates the HOM mentioned in the Bugs section of the WAD's TXT file. Download the demos here. Curiously, they also work with the modified version of the WAD (same filename but in whitrm2.zip) that purports (falsely) to fix the above-mentioned HOM. I say stick with the original for the extra graphics, though.
  • WHARE15.WAD by Mike McGrath: a UV Max in 5:15, a NM Speed in 0:47 and a -solo-net UV Max in 3:55. An average 1994 WAD. The demos are here.
  • WET WORK (WETWRKD1.WAD) by Zen Psychosis: a UV Max in 6:47 and a NM Speed in 1:56. Like WHITROOM, it's a nice level, and although considerably larger it's still very easy. demo link
  • WEEZUL15.WAD (from weezul5.zip) by James Gerbino is a collection of five small fun levels, four of which were released earlier as WEEZUL.WAD (E1M1-E1M3) and WEEZUL14.WAD (E1M4). I did twelve assorted demos for it, including a void glide outside the level and back on the last map - demo link:
     map  |  category   | time
     --------------------------
     E1M1 |   UV Max    | 2:45
     E1M1 | NM Pacifist | 0:38
     E1M1 | NM Pacifist | 0:22
     E1M2 |   UV Max    | 2:34
     E1M2 | NM Pacifist | 0:50
     E1M3 |   UV Max    | 2:09
     E1M3 | NM Pacifist | 0:23
     E1M4 |   UV Max    | 3:21
     E1M4 | NM Pacifist | 0:23
     E1M4 |   NM100S    | 0:41
     E1M5 |   UV Max    | 2:18
     E1M5 |  NM Speed   | 2:01

• WEDGE.WAD by Chris Straw is another familiar old level - I did a GM demo on it for the WADPAK2 collection. This time I di a UV Max in 2:43 and a NM Speed in 0:21, enlisting the monsters' help for the latter - demo link.
  • Wicked Barons & Spectres (WBNS.WAD, also included in the demo ZIP) by Michael Lundi - a UV Max in 4:32 and a NM Speed 2:31. The author claims this is the first WAD for Ultimate DOOM, the level can boast of no other distinction though, except for a good challenge on Nightmare. Once the WAD is accepted to /idgames I'll update this post with a database link.

edit: WBNS /idgames link added.
    edit2: WET WORK's URL corrected.

Thought I stopped caring about this, didn't you? ;)

Worry not: It may have taken a bit to make this, but there are six WADs in this batch this time. It would've been five if not for one of them being the sequel to another map (in another directory!) I may or may not start doing three our four at a time so that things go by faster. Either way, there are far more tricks in this collection than in the previous, and the last demo pack features a category little known outside of a Doom competition in Central Europe! Hopefully, this was worth the wait. Enjoy!

BRND-TGH.ZIP - Demos for Brundle's Revenge (BRUNDLE.WAD in dmbrnd.zip) by Scott Harper

• BRND-915.LMP - UV max in 9:15 (YT)
  • BRND-128.LMP - UV speed w/ normal exit in 1:28 (YT)
  • BRNDs256.LMP - UV speed w/ secret exit in 2:56 (YT)
CARE-TGH.ZIP - Demos for CAREFUL.WAD (CARE.WAD in dmcare.zip) by Eric F. Varner
  • CARE-259.LMP - UV max in 2:59 [Maikl: 7:02] (YT)
  • CARE-056.LMP - UV speed in 0:56 (YT)
  • NOTE TO ANDY: Identical to care on the DSDA; section should be renamed dmcare.
DCRN-TGH.ZIP - Demos for Doom Carnage (DMCARN.WAD) by Tim Jones
  • DCRN-550.LMP - UV max in 5:50 (YT)
  • DCRN-016.LMP - UV speed in 0:16 (YT)
IRU-TGH.ZIP - Demos for Imps R Us (IMPSRUS.WAD in dmimps.zip) by Dodd A. Snow
  • IRU-656.LMP - UV max in 6:56 (YT)
  • IRU-238.LMP - UV speed in 2:38
IRU2-TGH.ZIP - Demos for Imps-R-Us 2 (IRU2-V2.WAD in dmcarn20.zip) by Dodd A. Snow
  • IRU2-928.LMP - UV max in 9:28 (YT)
  • IRU2-233.LMP - UV speed in 2:33
DCST-TGH.ZIP - Demos for E1L1.WAD in dmcast.zip by Chris BadgerYouTube video links are not yet available, but they should be up by the end of the week, for sure.

EDIT (3/18/2011 2:18 PM PDT): YouTube links added.

May I suggest you do the TREE series by Greg Lewis?(part1,part2,part3). tree1 is pretty bad and tree2 is nothing special, but tree3 is just brilliant, possibly the best 1994 wad in my opinion.

I don't think the next batch is going to give me much trouble, so the Tree series will be included. It may also include TreeDM1, which is intended for deathmatch but contains monsters and an exit.

Meanwhile, I've added YouTube video links to my last post. Enjoy!

Well, over a month later, here we are. Life got in the way, but now, I can present the latest batch of demos I recorded on for this campaign. Surprisingly, only a few of these WADs qualify as utter dreck this time. One of these demo packs is reposted from the misc. demos thread, because it would have fit here if I recorded it for this batch. In any case, enjoy!

CATW-TGH.ZIP - UV demos for Blackfist Missions: The Catwalks (CATWALKS.WAD in dmcatw.zip) by Rich Dersheimer

• CATW-125.LMP - UV max in 1:25 [Maikl: 3:21] (YT)
  • CATW-011.LMP - UV speed in 0:11 (YT)
  • NOTE TO ANDY: Identical to catwalks on the DSDA; section should be renamed dmcatw.
CHES-TGH.ZIP - UV demos for CHESS.WAD (in dmches.zip,) author unknown
  • CHES-112.LMP - UV max in 1:12 (YT)
  • CHES-008.LMP - UV speed in 0:08 (YT)
CITY-TGH.ZIP - UV demos for CITY.WAD (in dmcity.zip,) author unknown
  • CITY-659.LMP - UV max in 6:59 (YT)
  • CITY-015.LMP - UV speed w/ normal exit in 0:15 (YT)
  • CITYs034.LMP - UV speed w/ secret exit in 0:34 (YT)
  • CITYa217.LMP - "Alternate route" UV speed w/ normal exit (uses all keys) in 2:17 (YT)
  • CITYa238.LMP - "Alternate route" UV speed w/ secret exit (uses all keys) in 2:38 (YT)
CLIF-TGH.ZIP - UV demos for CLIFF.WAD (in dmcliffs.zip,) author unknown
  • CLIF-435.LMP - UV max in 4:35 [myk: 5:24] (YT)
  • CLIF-148.LMP - UV speed in 1:48 [myk: 2:10] (YT)
CLIM-TGH.ZIP - UV demos for High Climb (HICLIMB.WAD in dmclim.zip) by Patrick McBride
  • CLIM-504.LMP - UV max in 5:04 (YT)
  • CLIM-145.LMP - UV speed in 1:45
COMB-TGH.ZIP - UV demos for Doom: The Combat Zone (COMBATZ.WAD in dmcomb.zip) by Emil R. Eisenhardt
  • COMB-109.LMP - UV max in 1:09 (YT)
  • COMB-008.LMP - UV speed in 0:08
  • COMBa037.LMP - "Alternate route" UV speed (activates all switches in enemy base) in 0:37 (YT)
CONT-TGH.ZIP - UV demos for Contaminated Zone (CONTAM.WAD in dmcont.zip) by Jason C. Bennett
  • CONT-238.LMP - UV max in 2:38 (YT)
  • CONT-153.LMP - UV speed in 1:53
Fulfilling Memfis's suggestion, here are demos for the Tree series by Greg Lewis, the creator of DeHackEd. I went one step further and recorded on his deathmatch level, too, since it contains monsters and an exit. I hope these are worth the wait, Memfis!

TRE1-TGH.ZIP - UV demos for Tree1 (TREE1.WAD in tree1_0.zip) by Greg Lewis
  • TRE1-329.LMP - UV max in 3:29 [Ryback: 4:57] (YT)
  • TRE1-146.LMP - UV speed in 1:46 [me: 2:02] (YT)
TRE2-TGH.ZIP - UV demos for Tree2.WAD by Greg Lewis
  • TRE2-407.LMP - UV max in 5:04 (YT)
  • TRE2f444.LMP - UV -fast in 4:44 [N_A: 7:37] (YT)
  • TRE2-208.LMP - UV speed in 2:08
TRE3-TGH.ZIP - UV demos for Tree3.WAD by Greg Lewis
  • T131-504.LMP - UV max on E1M1 in 5:23 (YT)
  • T132-345.LMP - UV max on E1M2 in 3:45 (YT)
  • T133-424.LMP - UV max on E1M3 in 4:24 (YT)
TDM1-TGH.ZIP - UV demos for TreeDM1.WAD by Greg Lewis
  • TDM1-052.LMP - UV max in 0:52 (YT)
  • TDM1-005.LMP - UV speed in 0:05 (YT)

Thanks, this made my day! :) Very well done demos and it was great to see my favorite maps described in such detail in the *.txt.

I also liked CLIFF.WAD, it looks and plays good.

It's been several months in the making, but the latest batch of demos for this campaign has been released. First off, here are demos on the next two WADs.

COS-TGH.ZIP - Demos for the WADs in dmcos.zip by Cos

• KILL-748.LMP - UV max on Killing Zone (KILL.WAD) in 7:48 (YT)
  • ENGN-559.LMP - UV max on Engine (ENGINE.WAD) in 5:59 (YT)
Because the next WAD is an episode WAD, which will get its own post, the rest of this batch is a "back-trek" batch consisting of levels listed alphabetically before DEPTHS OF DOOM from the previous one. One of these is a WAD from 2001 uploaded by Grazza, another was a level that Maikl played, and another has the most random layout I've ever seen. One level, Deimos Immaculated (deiminma.wad,) has been skipped in this batch, but will be played sometime on a later date, due to its unfair difficulty (mainly in its first third) and the fact that the average playthrough is around half an hour long. (It's possible to beat, but I didn't want to stall the release of the other demos any longer.) With that said, here are the demos. Enjoy!

DMNS-TGH.ZIP - UV demos for The DEMON PITS of DOOM (DEMONS!S.WAD in demon13.zip or demonse.zip) by Rich Carlson
  • DMNS-337.LMP - UV max in 3:37 (YT)
  • DMNS-143.LMP - UV speed w/ normal exit in 1:45
  • DMNSs137.LMP - UV speed w/ secret exit in 1:37
  • PENGUINS.WAD - PWAD version of Penguins by Tim Collins, a sprite mod included in demonse.zip (used in the YouTube video)
DEIM-TGH.ZIP - UV demos for Deimos Control Center (DeimosCC.wad) by Tobias Münch
  • DEIM-320.LMP - UV max in 3:20 (YT)
  • DEIMt324.LMP - UV Tyson in 3:24 (YT)
DIMS-TGH.ZIP - UV demos for DEIMOS (deimos.zip) by Jeremy Lee
  • D1M1-102.LMP - UV max on E1M1 (E1M1.WAD) in 1:02 (YT)
  • D1M2-244.LMP - UV max on E1M2 (E1M2.WAD) in 2:44 (YT)
  • NOTE: The E1M2 demo requires the updated E1M2 found in UGRADE.DUD. Run UPGRADE.BAT or rename the file in order to play the level or watch the demo.
DPST-TGH.ZIP - UV demos for DEEPSHIT (DEEPSHIT.WAD) by Wietze Veld, Jeremy Roon, and Richard Verzijl
  • DPST-749.LMP - UV max in 7:49 (YT)
  • DPST-128.LMP - UV speed in 1:28 (YT)
  • DEEPSHTx.WAD - DEEPSHIT.WAD edited to remove TEXTURE1 and PNAMES lumps, playable in Ultimate Doom (the custom textures will display correctly with or without them)
DEPS-TGH.ZIP - UV demos for DEEPS.WAD by Enrique Zamudio López
  • DEPS-139.LMP - UV max in 1:39 [Maikl: 3:17] (YT)
  • DEPS-006.LMP - UV speed in 0:06 (YT)
  • DEPSa023.LMP - "Alternate route" UV speed (uses the blue key) in 0:23 (YT)
DPCR-TGH.ZIP - UV demos for In the Deep (DEEPCRE.WAD) by Andrew C. Moore
  • D1C1-355.LMP - UV max on E1M1 in 3:55 (YT)
  • D1C2-456.LMP - UV max on E1M2 in 4:56 (YT)
  • DEEPCREx.WAD - DEEPCRE.WAD with rebuilt nodes on E1M1 to make it fully playable; required for playback of D1C1-355.LMP

Despite the lack of replies since my last post, I have continued with this campaign. This time, my journey takes me to a full episode WAD, a brave attempt from 1994 to put the Doomguy in a demon-infested castle. It's almost comically rough, but hey, at least the author tried! Oh, yeah, and the custom music in this WAD is pretty nice. As usual, here are my demos.

CPHO-TGH.ZIP - UV max demos for Castle Phobos v3.1 (CPHOBOS3.WAD in dmcpho.zip) by David G. Shrock

• C2P1-408.LMP - E2M1: Castle Entry / Castle Entrance in 4:08 (YT)
  • C2P2-359.LMP - E2M2: Storage / Secret Storage in 3:59 (YT)
  • C2P3-723.LMP - E2M3: ARENA! in 7:23 (YT)
  • C2P4-556.LMP - E2M4: Cathedral in 5:56 (YT)
  • C2P5-514.LMP - E2M5: Mansion / Demon's Mansion / Mansion of DOOM in 5:14 (YT)
  • C2P9-404.LMP - E2M9: Secret Area / The Secret Area / Secret Area! in 4:04 (YT)
  • C2P6-207.LMP - E2M6: Nuke Maze / The Nuklear Maze [sic] in 2:07 (YT)
  • C2P7-402.LMP - E2M7: Five Towers in 4:02 (YT)
  • C2P8-212.LMP - E2M8: The Great Hall in 2:12 (YT)
  • C2P9_FIX.WAD - E2M9 slightly modified to correct an occurrence of the Medusa effect; required for playback of C2P9-404.LMP
  • C2P7STUK.LMP - UV max attempt on E2M7, in which I get stuck in the cheapest way possible
A playlist for these demos can be found here. Note that there's a version 5.0 of this WAD, but it's for Doom II, and thus not covered in the scope of this campaign.

Enjoy!

The Green Herring said:

Despite the lack of replies since my last post, I have continued with this campaign.
Enjoy!

Please do. I've been quietly following/enjoying this thread for some time now :)

Welcome to my latest collection of demos for this thread! Alas, I'm afraid there's nothing but crap in this one. This time around, we have an inconsequential "my first WAD" with goofy sound effects, an intentionally crappy WAD the author released to show how not to make one, and a collection of very early levels that have aged about as well as disco. Despite this, I suppose you could watch them to see me perform on them, or at least to laugh at the bugs and other flaws.

CPM1-TGH.ZIP - UV demos for Is this just a dream? (CPM11.WAD in dmcpm1.zip) by Christopher P. McGee

• CPM1-154.LMP - UV max in 1:54 (YT)
  • CPM1-047.LMP - UV speed in 0:47
CRAP-TGH.ZIP - UV max on CRAP.WAD (in dmcrap.zip) by Hew Yang-Wah in 0:24.20 (YT) (NOTE: The level has no exit; the time is the exact second the last enemy dies.)
  • CRAPWRAP.LMP - Bug demonstration which shows a projectile penetrating a wall, and then flying back in from the opposite side
  • ADDITIONAL NOTE: The linked YouTube video was captured using PrBoom+ 2.5.1.1 with the HOM detector activated for increased visibility; click here to see how the demo looks in doom.exe.
RICK-TGH.ZIP - UV demos for the RICKDOOM collection (dmcraz.zip), author unknown
  • WNTM-105.LMP - UV max on WANTMOMY.WAD in 1:05 (YT)
  • TREN-219.LMP - UV max on TRENCH.WAD in 2:19 (YT)
  • TRENCSAW.LMP - Short demo on TRENCH.WAD featuring the cyberdemon being sawn to death
  • TCNO-138.LMP - UV max on TECHNO.WAD in 1:38 (YT)
  • ORBT-039.LMP - UV max on ORBIT.WAD in 0:39 (YT)
  • 2HRD-148.LMP - UV max on TOOHARD.WAD in 1:48 (YT)
  • 2HRD-019.LMP - UV speed on TOOHARD.WAD in 0:19 (YT)
But wait! To make up for it, here are two more demos for a level that I reviewed in newstuff/ Chronicles #398! It's a decent level, albeit one that's too easy, but it's vastly superior to these other WADs. Enjoy!

SPHR-TGH.ZIP - UV demos for PHOBOSPHERE (SPHERE.WAD in d_sphere.zip) by David J. Reid
  • SPHR-624.LMP - UV max in 6:24 (YT)
  • SPHR-150.LMP - UV speed in 1:50
  • SPHR-750.LMP - UV max in 7:50, the source of the newstuff/ Chronicles review's screenshots

cpm11.wad has the best sound replacement set i've ever... heard. rickdoom is a bunch of fun thanks to ridiculous mapping mistakes and stuff... i liked the 2 cybs in 3 shots action in toohard. and the node failure, haha.

CPM1-TGH.ZIP - UV demos for Is this just a dream? (CPM11.WAD in dmcpm1.zip) by Christopher P. McGee
CPM1-TGH.ZIP - UV demos for the RICKDOOM collection (dmcraz.zip), author unknown

Same zip.

So many glorious sounds! Man, I really need to check out more older wads just for kicks. These are all so.... uh, hilarious? Fun demos to watch :)

And now the bulk of what I've been up to, which is skipping Doom wads G-R and starting over at S. No individual demo links sorry, but you can get them all from the pack below. Quite a decent collection of pwads actually, wildly varying in quality as always, but there's the "Sacrifice" episode which is like a proto-TNT: Evilution, three wads by a guy who went on to work for id, another one who went on to become a professional level designer whose name you might not know, and ten minute jobs by fourteen year olds

SACR-RYB.ZIP - Demos for DOOM "Sacrifice" Episode (SACRFICE.WAD) by Ty Halderman & Robert Taylor

• SAC1-212.LMP - UV Max on E1M1 in 2:12 (YT)
  • SAC2-443.LMP - UV Max on E1M2 in 4:43 (YT)
  • SAC3-611.LMP - UV Max on E1M3 in 6:11 (YT)
  • SAC4-814.LMP - UV Max on E1M4 in 8:14 (YT)
  • SAC5-608.LMP - UV Max on E1M5 in 6:08 (YT)
  • SAC6-648.LMP - UV Max on E1M6 in 6:48 (YT)
SAMP-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on SAMPRAS.WAD by Paul Ramster in 3:44 (YT)
SATN-RYB.ZIP - UV Fast on Satan's Lair (SATAN.WAD) by Jeffrey Kung in 8:38 (YT)
SC-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on Softchoice Preliminary .WAD (SC.WAD) by Christian Antkow in 1:16 (YT)
SCC2-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on SoftChoice "Goes-to-Hell" (SCC2.WAD) by Christian Antkow in 2:55 (YT)
SFTH-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on SoftChoice goes to Hell!!! (SOFTHELL.WAD) by Christian Antkow in 2:36 (YT)
SCYN-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on Slaughter Canyon (SCANYON.WAD) by Megaduck in 4:53 (YT)
SCHR-RYB.ZIP - Demos for SCORCHER.WAD by Ken Seaman
  • SCH1-341.LMP - UV Max on E2M1[b] in [b]3:41 (YT)
  • SCH2-457.LMP - UV Max on E2M2 in 4:57 (YT)
SCP1-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on The Scorpio Project, Act 1 (SCORPIO1.WAD) by Jim Gitzlaff in 5:18 (YT)
SCRM-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on SCREAM.WAD by Cameron Newham in 5:40(YT)
SECU-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on Security from Hell (SECUR.WAD) by Steve Williams in 1:56 (YT)
SEQU-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on SEQUEL.WAD (included in BW1.ZIP) by Unknown in 9:20 (YT)
SEWE-RYB.ZIP (includes fixed .WAD) - UV Max on SEWER.WAD by Matt Reid in 1:13 (YT)
SEWS-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on SEWERS.WAD (use SEWERSXB.WAD) by David Calvin & David Blanshine in 9:12 (YT)
SEWV-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on Sewer (SEWV12.WAD) by Jay in 13:32 (YT)
SHEP-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on SHEPHERD.WAD by Scott W. Shepherd in 3:58 (YT)
SHIP-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on SHIPS.WAD by Unknown in 2:41 (YT)
SHDN-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on SHOWDOWN.WAD by Rick DeMar in 3:00 (YT)
SDN2-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on SHOWDN2.WAD by Rick DeMar & Vance Andrew Blevins in 4:08 (YT)
6ARE-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on SIXAREAS.WAD by Doug Ryerson in 5:39 (YT)
SKYC-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on SKYCITY.WAD by Darren K. McKeigan in 4:57 (YT)
SLAY-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on SLAYER.WAD by Ben-James Tippey in 5:15 (YT)
SLY1-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on SLY1.WAD by Anthony R. Adams in 3:57 (YT)
SMLL-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on SMALL.WAD by Michael Biolsi in 0:56 (YT)
SMG-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on SMGREEN.WAD by Unknown in 9:36 (YT)
SMLE-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on SMILE.WAD by Unknown in 1:54 (YT)
SNIP-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on SNIPER.WAD by Eric C. Reuter in 1:55 (YT)
SOR-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on SORROW.WAD by Harris CGI in 8:49 (YT)

ryback-1994-s-part1.zip

From my end of the alphabet, continuing with the Ws.

• WAYNE.WAD by Wayne Watt:
    - UV Max in 3:09
    - NM100S in 2:03
    A small action-packed level that could have been authored by Sandy Petersen.
  • WAYCOOL.WAD, author unknown:
    - UV Max in 4:05
    An unfinished puzzle level that could have been pretty cool had there been an exit.
  • Watch Out (WATCH51.WAD) by Andrew Gill:
    - UV Max in 4:51 (UltDOOM complevel, 98% kills)
    - UV Max in 4:40 (Boom complevel, 100% kills)
    - NM Speed in 1:46
    One of the many levels based on MINE1.WAD. Of those, SERENITY E3M2 is known best; one other - FLASH.WAD - has been demoed earlier in this thread by Ryback. The TXT for the WATCH51 demos includes the list (compiled by TGH and me) of all such WADs found so far.
  • The Wastelands (WASTE.WAD) by Steve Johnston:
    - a complete UV Max + Nightmare pack
    An excellent 9-level episode, recommended.
  • WARPED.WAD (included with the demo), author unknown:
    - UV Max in 1:10
    A "warped" version of the original E1M1 from DOOM.WAD v1.2.
  • WARHELL.WAD by Jow:
    - UV Max in 2:00
    - NM100S in 0:49
    A small level, inconsequential on UV but good fun on NM. Although it's dated Sep 2003, the author claims it's a recreation of his first level, presumably from mid-90s.
  • Where? The Warehouse! (WAREHSE1.WAD) by Jeff Gerstmann:
    - UV Max in 6:27
    - NM100S in 2:00
    One of those levels that give 1994 WADs a bad rep. Previously demoed by Maikl as part of the UV Max movie for COLLECT3.WAD, where it was E1M6.
  • WARBABY.WAD by Ben Morris:
    - E2M1 UV Max in 8:01
    - E2M2 UV Max in 10:28*
    - E2M3 UV Max in 10:58
    Three must-play levels from the author of DCK (DOOM Construction Kit). Use the fixed version from the demo ZIP to play back the E2M2 demo. The TXT in the demo ZIP provides the links to the original.
  • WANTON.WAD by Jason Franklin:
    - UV Max in 19:10 (Boom complevel, see TXT for explanation)
    - NM Speed in 6:42 (UltDOOM complevel)
    An updated version from 1995 of one of the first made-from-scratch levels (with all the side effects such a distinction implies) from April '94, for some reason filed under the deathmatch sub-tree of /idgames/doom. See the demo TXT for the version history of this WAD.
  • WANTON12.WAD by Jason Franklin:
    - UV Max movie in 21:25
    A split two-level version of WANTON.WAD, released a week after the original, presumably to address the slowdown complaints.

All demos from this post.

A few side trips, prompted by recording FDAs on random /idgames/levels/doom WADs.

• 54102 (E1M1.WAD) by unknown author:
    - UV Max in 2:29
    Another unfinished level from 1994, no exit.
  • Siawn Hy's Keep (BETA7_8.WAD) by Siawn Hy:
    - UV Speed in 3:32
    A beta of what was intended to be an ambitious commercial project, apparently only 1/8th done but at least the exit is there. Recording a UV Max here would be more of a PITA than a proper challenge, so I went with a UV Speed.
  • EVIL 1 (EVIL1.WAD) by Joerg Findeisen:
    - UV Max movie in 10:40
    - NM100S movie in 3:17
    A cool two-level WAD from Sep '94.
  • La Galeria Deluxe (GALERIA.WAD from galeriad.zip -> tpetgald.zip) by Mad_Alex and his Doom-Enemy Jörg:
    - UV Max in 3:33
    - NM100S in 1:17
    Good level, awful new sounds.
  • HighWire (Rocket Jones Vol. II) (HIGHWIRE.WAD) by Joe Cates:
    - UV Max in 1:40
    - NM Speed in 0:36
    A rocket-launcher-only concept level.
  • The Manor (MANOR.WAD) by Michael-Paul Jakovlevski:
    - UV Max in 9:39
    - NM100S in 5:50
    A castle-type level with a nice new soundtrack. Rename the WAD to MANORU.WAD for automatic demo playback with prBoom-plus.
  • NIGHTFALL!!!! (NIGHTFAL.WAD) by Josh Fallon aka "Phallus":
    - UV Max in 12:40 (DOOM v1.2 complevel)
    - UV Max in 11:58 (UltDOOM complevel)
    - NM Speed in 7:04 (UltDOOM complevel)
    The WAD credited in the readme of UAC_DEAD, this one is a classic on its own. Do yourself a favor and play it before watching the demos.
  • The Mars Plague version 2 (plague2.wad) by James Stewart and Ryan Weiss + plague2.deh by Sparky of KISS Software:
    - UV Max movie in 41:11
    - UV Speed movie in 13:05
    And now for something different. I'd have to call this a joke WAD were it not so good. You're gonna either love or hate this one. ;)
  • Nuke Tunnels (NUKE_TUN.WAD) by Neil Riehle:
    - UV Max in 15:25
    - UV Speed in 2:00
    A nice nukage-themed level from Sep '96.
A lot more to come, pending TXT files writeup.

A note to Ryback: your samp-344 (SAMPRAS.WAD) and sch2-457 (SCORCHER.WAD) crash prB+ and Choco, apparently thanks to the WADs' bad BLOCKMAP entries. What is particularly bizarre is that samp-344 desyncs in vanilla under DOSBox on my end, right after the void glide.
I also have a special surprise for you, watch this space. Hint: it's for a level you posted a demo of, along with a very fond review, on YT but never got around to post the demo here. :P

edit:

The Green Herring said:

BRAV-TGH.ZIP[/b] - Demos for BRAVE.WAD (in dmbrav.zip,) author unknown

• BRAV-148.LMP - UV max in 1:48 (YT)
  • BRAV-048.LMP - UV speed in 0:48 (YT)

• bravenm.lmp - NM Speed in 1:06
And here is a NM Speed in 4:27 on the much tougher version included as E1M2 in HEROES.WAD. The demo ZIP also includes a NM Speed for E1M3 in 2:39.

Never_Again said:

A note to Ryback: your samp-344 (SAMPRAS.WAD) and sch2-457 (SCORCHER.WAD) crash prB+ and Choco, apparently thanks to the WADs' bad BLOCKMAP entries. What is particularly bizarre is that samp-344 desyncs in vanilla under DOSBox on my end, right after the void glide.

...well, that's weird. The SAMPRAS.WAD and SCORCHER.WAD I recorded on has exactly the same byte length as the copies on /idgames, and the exact same datestamp for that matter, but they're not byte identical. And it's the same difference for each - a few 0xff entries in the blockmap become 0xfe on the /idgames copy. Some kind of bad upload perhaps? Zipping corrupted it somehow? Strange. Anyway, attached my copies of the wads to this post and I'll let Andy know.

Never_Again said:

I also have a special surprise for you, watch this space. Hint: it's for a level you posted a demo of, along with a very fond review, on YT but never got around to post the demo here. :P

My memory is completely blanking on what this might be, so you can be sure it'll be a surprise :)

sampras-scorcher.zip

Seven side trips from the backlog.

A trio of WADs with the identical filename - REDROOM.WAD
  • REDROOM.WAD (redroom1.zip) by Mark Sloan:
    - a UV Max in 7:19 on the original (99% kills and 85% secrets)
    - a UV Max in 7:05 (100% kills and secrets) on the fixed version
    The fixed version (REDROOMx.WAD) is included in the demo ZIP.
  • REDROOM.WAD (redroom.zip) by Jeff Gardner:
    - a UV Max in 4:18
    Rename the WAD to REDROOM1.WAD for automatic playback of this demo with prB+.
  • REDROOM.WAD (redroom2.zip) by Jaime Landauer:
    - a UV Max in 6:34
    - a UV Speed in 1:18
    - a NM Speed in 1:19
    Rename the WAD to REDROOM2.WAD for automatic playback of this demo with prB+.

• T_DUNN01.WAD by Travers Dunne & Alister Dunne:
    - six UV Maxes and one UV Collector
    A classic WAD, tougher than the average.

• Tree1 (TREE1.WAD) by Greg A. Lewis:
    - a GM run in 4:29
    - a NM100S in 2:56
    These were recorded as bonus demos for the UV Max runs req'd by Memfis a year ago, TGH's Maxes made mine redundant, though. ;)
  • Tree2 (TREE2.WAD) by Greg A. Lewis:
    - a NM100S in 5:29
    See the previous comment. A much more difficult and violent run. In fact, the first level of TREE3 on NM proved to be too much of a handful at the time, so no demos for that WAD for now. I may have another look at it later.

• Xenus Revisited (xenusrev.wad) by Alter:
    - a UV Max on E1M1 in 7:09
    A sleek newschool Boom-comp episode. Supposedly tested with prB+, yet E1M2 cannot be completed because of a ZDoomism.

Resurrecting this thread for another demo dump. All demos in the attached zipfile. Amongst this lot - one neat little episode replacement, two levels with softcore GIF porn in them, one that has since been redone in the 1994 tuneup project, the first ever wad that isn't ORIGWAD, yet another Cambridge college conversion, and a couple of famous Star Wars wads.

SPAN-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on SPANGOOD.WAD by Unknown in 3:10 (YT)
SPID-RYB.ZIP - UV Fast on The Spider Dome (SPIDER.WAD) by Carl Tranter in 11:38 (YT)
SPLW-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on Nuclear Spillway (SPILLWAY.WAD) by Jeff Ebert in 6:27 (YT)
SPIT-RYB.ZIP - Demos for SPIT.WAD by Mr. Micro

• SPT1-135.LMP - UV Max on E1M1 in 1:35 (YT)
  • SPT2-116.LMP - UV Max on E1M2 in 1:16 (YT)
  • SPT3-049.LMP - UV Max on E1M3 in 0:49 (YT)
  • SPT4-209.LMP - UV Max on E1M4 in 2:09 (YT)
  • SPT5-203.LMP - UV Max on E1M5 in 2:03 (YT)
  • SPT6-142.LMP - UV Max on E1M6 in 1:52 (YT)
  • SPT7-152.LMP - UV Max on E1M7 in 1:52 (YT)
  • SPT8-119.LMP - UV Max on E1M8 in 1:19 (YT)
  • SPT9-123.LMP - UV Max on E1M9 in 1:23 (YT)
SPRT-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on SPORTS.WAD by Alan Retlick in 4:04 (YT)
SPRG-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on Wellspring Of Evil (SPRING.WAD) by Robert Whitaker in 6:59 (YT)
SQUI-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on SQUID.WAD by Unknown in 5:17 (YT)
SQUI2-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on SQUID2.WAD by Unknown in 6:07 (YT)
SR21-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on SR21.WAD by Unknown in 1:55 (YT)
STAI-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on STAIRS.WAD by Jason Whittington in 2:53 (YT)
STRW-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on STAIRWAR.WAD by Eric van Bezooijen & Kenneth S. Forte in 1:06 (YT)
STLK-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on STALKER.WAD by Kenny Jeske in 6:17 (YT)
STAR-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on STAR.WAD by Unknown in 5:40 (YT)
SSHP-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on STARSHP1.WAD by Doug Jacoby in 12:06 (YT)
SW1-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on STARWAR1.WAD by Matt Falk in 9:17 (YT)
SW2-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on STARWAR2.WAD by Matt Falk in 11:26 (YT)
STATXRYB.ZIP - UV Max on STATIONX.WAD by Russ Ringer in 5:45 (YT)
STLS-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on STEELS.WAD by Antti Kuosmanen in 1:23 (YT)
STPR-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on STEPPER.WAD by Norman Scott in 1:53 (YT)
STWB-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on STEWBETA.WAD by Unknown in 1:13 (YT)
STJO-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on STJOHNS.WAD by Ian Calderbank in 4:34 (YT)
STON-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on STONES.WAD by Michael Kelsey in 1:23 (YT)
STOR-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on STORAGE.WAD by Sean R. Malloy in 3:51 (YT)
STRM-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on STORM.WAD by Unknown in 5:46 (YT)
STRP-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on STRIPPER.WAD by Marty Magnini in 2:21 (YT)
SY13-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on Stay Frosty (STYFST13.WAD) by Mike McGrath in 2:37 (YT)
SUBW-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on SUBWAY.WAD by Neal Ziring in 7:34 (YT)
SB11-RYB.ZIP - UV Max on SUBWAY11.WAD by Greg B. in 1:49 (YT)

ryback-1994-s-part2.zip

Ryback said:
STATXRYB.ZIP - UV Max on STATIONX.WAD by Russ Ringer in 5:45

This one desynchs for me. I'm using the WAD from idgames and it desynchs in the same way on Doom (under Windows 98) and PrBoom+. Unless I'm doing something wrong and if you didn't use another version of the WAD from a CD or such, I guess it could have gotten corrupted in the ZIP. The issue occurs at the start. The player kills the four imps guarding the first door, but the door activation fails, causing the desynch.

Thanks for that. My copy of the wad dates from 23rd May. The /idgames version dates from 6th December, even though the textfile is still from May. Sending an update to Andy.

stationx.zip

Never_Again said:

These were recorded as bonus demos for the UV Max runs req'd by Memfis a year ago, TGH's Maxes made mine redundant, though. ;)

I would still like to see them. :)

You're probably the only one who will watch these, but here goes: a UV Max and a GM run on Tree2 (both from March '11). The Tree1 demos have been long deleted, though.

tree2slow.zip

Just two more WADs today, but a whole lot of demos (including that something I promised Rybie months ago ;)

• AMBUSH.WAD by Mattias Widmark and Christian Wictorin:
    - a UV Max in 5:11
    - a NM Speed in 2:54
    demos

• The Apocalypse Project (APOCALYP.WAD) by Daniel Hornbaker:
     filename  | category       | map  | kills | secrets | time
     -----------------------------------------------------------
      apoc6205 |  UV Max Movie  | E1M1 |  100  |   100   |  3:26
         ...   |       ...      | E1M2 |  100  |   100   |  6:52
         ...   |       ...      | E1M3 |  100  |   100   |  9:50
         ...   |       ...      | E1M9 |  100  |   100   | 13:21
         ...   |       ...      | E1M4 |  100  |   100   | 10:36
         ...   |       ...      | E1M5 |  100  |   100   |  4:53
         ...   |       ...      | E1M6 |  100  |   100   |  9:22
         ...   |       ...      | E1M7 |  100  |   100   |  2:48
         ...   |       ...      | E1M8 |  100  |   n/a   |  0:57
                                                    total: 62:05
      apoc1153 | NM Speed Movie | E1M1 |   37  |    66   |  1:12
         ...   |       ...      | E1M2 |   34  |    50   |  1:59
         ...   |       ...      | E1M3 |   14  |    33   |  1:33
         ...   |       ...      | E1M9 |   37  |   100   |  3:17
         ...   |       ...      | E1M4 |    1  |     0   |  0:48
         ...   |       ...      | E1M5 |   18  |     0   |  0:40
         ...   |       ...      | E1M6 |   14  |     0   |  0:55
         ...   |       ...      | E1M7 |    9  |   100   |  1:28
         ...   |       ...      | E1M8 |    0  |   n/a   |  0:01
                                                    total: 11:53
      apoc11nm |    NM Speed    | E1M1 |   38  |    66   |  1:20
      apoc12nm |    NM Speed    | E1M2 |   43  |    50   |  1:50
      apoc13nm |    NM Speed    | E1M3 |   11  |    33   |  1:15
      apoc19uv |     UV Max     | E1M9 |  100  |   100   | 13:18
      apoc19nm |     NM100S     | E1M9 |   38  |   100   |  2:23
      apoc14nm |    NM Speed    | E1M4 |    3  |     0   |  0:44
      apoc15nm |    NM Speed    | E1M5 |   14  |     0   |  0:43
      apoc16nm |    NM Speed    | E1M6 |   11  |     0   |  0:53
      apoc17nm |     NM100S     | E1M7 |    9  |   100   |  1:34
      apoc18nm |    NM Speed    | E1M8 |    0  |   n/a   |  0:00

demopak
And here is the video that inspired it. Thank you, Chris.