Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lightning Hunter

Why, XWE. Why?

Whenever I open Doom2.wad with XWE (for viewing purposes), the iWAD file is instantly modified without me doing ANYTHING. Then when I load Doom2 using Doomsday - it shows the Final Doom TNT menu, textures, and more - instead of the Doom2 menu. I then have to replace Doom2.wad with the original to fix it. So basically, every time I double click the file (which automatically opens with XWE), I have to fix the iWAD by replacing it with the original. It's almost like XWE is set to merge some Final Doom stuff with Doom2.wad when I open it.

Why is it doing this? I'm using Windows XP.

Edit: It appears that XWE does this with any WAD file that I open, and not just Doom2.wad. This is a great way to screw up WAD files for poor, innocent, unsuspecting Doomers that don't back up their stuff. It's a good thing I have copies of everything.

Gez said:

This is a reason why you should use SLADE 3 instead.</pimp>

But how are you going to do a custom ENDOOM screen? :P

Lightning Hunter said:

So basically, every time I double click the file (which automatically opens with XWE), I have to fix the iWAD by replacing it with the original. It's almost like XWE is set to merge some Final Doom stuff with Doom2.wad when I open it.

Don't know how you managed to get XWE to do that and not leave you with a PWAD. Does running XWE also execute a batch file you might have forgotten about?