Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dave_Billing

Spawn Released!

I'm glad to see this officially released. Too bad you didn't release in time for this year's Cacowards :(. I would have nominated you, and you may have won. But, there's always next year, right?

I'll give this a play through and see what's what.

fullmetalvaran33 said:

I'm glad to see this officially released. Too bad you didn't release in time for this year's Cacowards :(. I would have nominated you, and you may have won. But, there's always next year, right?

I'll give this a play through and see what's what.

Yeah I only just found out about the cut off date for the awards, arrgh! Oh, well, next year I guess. :)

Will be checking this out probably tonight or tomorrow. In fact, I may do a blind Let's Play of it, it looks really good!

Ah, I think I remember seeing some of those shots a while back. They ooze atmosphere but that's all I could really discern from what you posted. I'll be sure to add this to my ever growing list of things to play :)

Nice, so it's finally released. Will definitely give it a playthrough some time! Hope you added me to the credits int the textfile ;)

DoomHero85 said:

I already found an issue :( The text on the terminals is scrunched up so you can't read it.

It shouldn't be. Provide a screenshot if you can. There shouldn't be anything wrong with the text.

killer2 said:

Nice, so it's finally released. Will definitely give it a playthrough some time! Hope you added me to the credits int the textfile ;)

The credits are in the game itself at the end.

Dave_Billing said:

It shouldn't be. Provide a screenshot if you can. There shouldn't be anything wrong with the text.

The ideal resolutions to run this game are either 1024 x 768 or 1366 x 768. If the resolution is too low the text may bunch up. What resolution are you running it at?

DoomHero85 said:

This is what I'm talking about.
http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/3664/screenshotdoom201112231.jpg
Cool mod, just wish this didn't happen.

That definitely shouldn't be happening. What resolution are you running it at, I think there's a setting that adjusts the text size to large or according to the screen resolution, I remember playing around with it at some point.

EDIT: Is text scaling enabled under the messages menu? If so, set it to normal or off.

CarpetolA said:

Hey, I was beta-testing, too! =(

Who cares, great to see this action pack available for public download! =)

Sorry about that dude!

Hmmm. Not sure if the file has been successfully uploaded to the server or not. Checked both the accept and reject lists and the file appears to be in neither. I haven't done this in like three years so my knowledge of how this works is invariably rusty.

Some people at wadsinprogress.info are reporting issues with the following areas:

center door straight ahead in area left of the main entrance in map01 seems to open only once.

Door to operations room only opens on second occasion.

door to lower levels in map04 doesn't open even though it is unlocked at the console.

If anybody has the same problems, let me know. They should work flawlessly in GZDoom 1.5.3, as they did everytime during playtesting.

I don't know if this is an issue:

http://users.skynet.be/rage/Screenshot_Doom_20111226_165609.png

I can't enter that room anymore. Not that it matters because I entered it before and it got me the red keycard if I remember correctly. But it's strange the automap shows a yellow dot on that location, and I can't open it.

I dont know what to do next with the red keycard. I used it to get inside the room that has double barreled shotgun + backpack. But I haven't found another use for the red key card.

I will start a new game with Gzdoom 1.5.3 because I am using 1.5.6. Maybe this is causing this issue.

I must say I am VERY impressed with this wad so far. I love the aesthetics, the music... everything actually! I don't play Doom that much, so I haven't seen a WAD before with all these special features (glass, reflections, hub style map, terminals you can use, camera screens like in duke3d)

Love it!!!

The red key card is only used for to get the shotgun, the backpack and to unlock the door to the labs.

That appears to be a bug. I don't know how it is happening or why, because everything works flawlessly for me everytime I playtested it. I'll look at it.

EDIT: Yes, it is definitely a bug. It happens whenever you try to open the door to the red key room again. This should be fixed for the next revision. Keep the bugs reports coming!

Finished playing this last night and it's pretty neat stuff. It manages to pull off that Doom 3-esque dark sci-fi setting quite well, although the presence of ambient sounds would've been better IMO. Can't fault the architecture...even though all the areas look a bit samey after a bit, that's kinda how you'd expect these places to be. (a coffee-break type area or two like Doom 3 wouldn't go amiss though)

Gameplay was fairly good and ammo/health well-balanced, the main issue I found was the weak boss fight with excessive amounts of ammo given away before it. (was hoping for something a bit more epic)

The one personal gripe I had was with the map markers telling you where to go...while it is quite easy to get lost, that could be remedied by having more/better signposts for each area (then the player can use the mission objectives and memory to backtrack) together with more keys/switches for those unmarked doors that inexplicably become unlocked when you discover/complete objectives. The loosely-related secret was funny though :P

In short it's well made and well worth playing.