Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Slaughterfest 2012 - NEW Final Final Version is up

Final Final VERSION: SF2012_final.zip

It's January 1st, 2012 and nobody's made a thread yet, so...

SLAUGHTERFEST 2012
Resource Wad: SF2012-tex.zip (includes Infinite BFG dehacked)
Other used texture packs: cc4-tex - gothictx - nb_recol - q1tex

NOTE #1
Anyone can join, but your maps must be playtested. Some of the players may also have comments and suggestions for the gameplay in your maps.

NOTE #2
At the end of the year, we'll all vote on our favourite maps. The favourites will be added together in one wad, while the others will be added together in a second wad.

SPECIFICS
* prboom-plus -complevel 9
* add coop starts
* add difficulty settings
* use sky transfers if you want a custom sky
* custom textures & flats are allowed
* DO NOT put any nazis in your map - the game will crash because of dehacked conflicts
* only want to make a layout? post it here for someone else to do gameplay

* the Chainsaw will be replaced with an Infinite Ammo BFG

- if your map uses the Infinite BFG, your map is REQUIRED to have a death exit (kill/telefrag an icon of sin and a voodoo doll at the same time)
- only place the Chainsaw in your map if you want players to use the Infinite BFG

Slaughterfest 2011 thread: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/56335-slaughterfest-2011/

///////////////////////////////////
// M A P   S U B M I S S I O N S //
///////////////////////////////////
2012/01/06 - Castle Lava - TimeOfDeath - post - final
2012/01/07 - Shore of Hell - Rayzik - post - v.3
2012/01/09 - Red Death.wad - General Rainbow Bacon - post - v.1
2012/01/20 - New Gothic Tribute - General Rainbow Bacon - post - v.2
2012/01/27 - Slaughtenstein - Phml - post - maybe final
2012/02/09 - Brookhaven Hospital - TimeOfDeath - post - final
2012/02/09 - Degrassi - TimeOfDeath - post - final
2012/02/10 - Bane's Atrium - General Rainbow Bacon / j4rio - post - final
2012/02/12 - Startan Arena - Phml - post - v.3
2012/02/14 - Flesh Eater - General Rainbow Bacon - post - v.1
2012/02/17 - Tingsryd - dannebubinga - post - final
2012/02/18 - MAP30 - War to End All Wars - General Rainbow Bacon - post - gameplay edits up for grabs
2012/02/21 - Damned Legion - Archi - post - v.3
2012/03/09 - A base - General Rainbow Bacon - post - v.1
2012/03/15 - Pure Hate - darkreaver - post - v.3
2012/03/16 - Damnation - darkreaver - post - v.1
2012/03/18 - KSP - TimeOfDeath - post - final
2012/03/20 - KykaMap07(Version4) - Kyka - post - v.4
2012/03/24 - True Grit - cannonball - post - final
2012/04/01 - Lost - elm

Claiming this spot for great justice, and eventual edits further down the line. No more trudging through dozens of pages to find out the latest info, no sir, I am too lazy for that.

I'll try to participate, although I haven't managed to finish anything I started lately.

No probs DH, thx for not being mad. :)

There's a full year ahead, so we should be able to make at least 2 full megawads (Slaughterfest 2011 was started in late July).

My first map will be an unfinished map from last year, just gotta finish the last bit of layout and add things/playtest.

I book a slot. I've still got my part-finished Slaughterfest 2011 map called SplatterHouse. Screenies soon, but I am working on getting the level built before I detail it, so don't be appalled.

I can probably push one out in a year. Ill take a spot

I'll take a stab at it. Hopefully a year will be long enough to come up with a decent map...

I haven't finished a map in years nor have I ever done a slaughter map (and I suck at playing them too). Still, I think I'm going to attempt to come up with something as I've long been interested in trying my hand on making a map of this type.

I'd like to join in this year. I was waiting until I had a map started but since we're claiming spots I'll put my name forward now.

DoomHero85 said:

Hopefully. There's nothing going on HR wise right now :(

I think we should balance the maps for slaughter-noobs too,
For easy, medium and hard.

So for example, Skill 4 would be known as "Slaughter-Mode", 3 becomes UV, 2 becomes HMP, and 1 is HMP with ITYTD handicaps?

DoomHero85 said:

Exactly

The Sky May be skill levels are better. (Skill 1 is "Ultra-Violence", 2 is "Nightmare!", 3 is "Certain Death", 4 is "No Chance", 5 is "!"

I don't care much one way or another for difficulty names, but I won't make my maps harder than they are. ;)

Regarding DeHacked gameplay changes or sprites changes, any ground rules? Although if it was me I'd go with standard behavior out of convenience, I'm not necessarily opposed to differences ; it's just probably better if it's settled right now so everyone can chime in and know what they're working with rather than later on.

What about skies? Personally, I'd be inclined to allow sky transfers and work it out in the end depending how many skies were actually used.

I think sky transfers would be cool, but they don't work with -complevel 9 do they?

About dehacked and sprites: imo, I like the idea of keeping everything standard and default, but letting mappers include a separate wad with their map if it uses dehacked and/or changes sprites.

Download: Castle Lava

This was supposed to be for DoomHero's new year's speedmapping session, but I spent a few days on it instead.

I think sky transfers would be cool, but they don't work with -complevel 9 do they?

I think they do work. Haven't even tried it myself yet, but we discussed it in the previous thread and that was the conclusion.

Well if sky transfers work in -complevel 9, then I say hell to the yes! I just wasn't sure they worked because TheGreenHerring banned them in CC4 for not working in boom.

My understanding is that, indeed, they don't work in Boom v2.02, which is the standard CChest was originally aiming for. Segs limit being raised and all it's probably just a question of consistency at this point, and the original guideline wasn't changed.

Here we're mostly using -complevel 9 as a behavior and gameplay standard, so that's fine. Or so I assume. :)

Ok cool, I'll edit the first post.

I'm on my work computer right now, but to use the sky transfer I have to: import the sky as a patch, make a dummy sector and use linedef action 271 for all affected sector tags?

I have to put sky transfers in Castle Lava, so it's not safe for recording on yet.

TimeOfDeath said:

I'm on my work computer right now, but to use the sky transfer I have to: import the sky as a patch,

As a texture.