Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Doom Is Still Hot

MORBIDTWATT said:

half life aint shit compared to doom..trust me i own every fps shooter known to man well actually almost all i still need like a couple more but other than that i know what im sayn...doom is god...i dont care if its a port or just the original i dont care doom owns and im gonna play it for life...no other game can make me feel what doom made me feel i never forgot that feeling of the first time ive played it...screw you llamas who doubt the power of doom...you camperstrike llama halflife new gen babys you all suck dont ever put half life and doom in the same room...doom owns...halflife sucks

While I share your opinion on Doom being God and don't think HL is anywhere near Doom, I think your attacks on Half Life makes you look like a retard - no offence, but calling people who like HL llamas and shit like that JUST because they happen to like HL is really low-life.

I mean, I don't go about calling Heretic lovers/fans/whatever-you'd-call-them llamas or shit like that although I personally despise Heretic myself.

And my reasons for not seeing HL as the great game so many claim it is?
1. Annoying NPCs, who not only turn the game into a farce but also get in your way and shoot you in the back (AI my arse!).

2. Way too much emphasis on puzzles - it's an FPS dammit, FPSs are about SHOOTING stuff.

3. A vastly overrated plot - it's basically just a rehashed version of Doom's plot with a few twists.

However, I'd like to say that I find that Half-life has its positive sides and can be entertaining at times.

NiGHTMARE said:

It's funny how all the people who say Half-life sucks never actually say HOW or WHY it sucks, isn't it? During it's most popular period, Doom had it's fair share of people who said that it's crap for no other reason than because everyone else liked it, and it sounds to me as if you're doing exactly the same thing with Half-life.

A friend forced the game on me and let me borrow his copy so I could play it. I played the sp game ALL the way to the end AND experimented with CS, TFC, and DMC. I know the game in and out and I know why I think it sucks. If I really felt crazy enough I could go on for three pages about why it's the worst FPS I've ever played but I'd rather just save that for a review or something and link to it from here.

A game that nearly everyone likes, if not loves, apart from a few people such as yourselves, can't really suck, now can it?

Quake 3, Britney Spears, Anime movies, etc. etc.

Everyone praises it because they think it's a good game, whereas you don't. So what. Get over it.

I have nothing to get over. I don't play HL, I don't play Q3, I don't listen to Britney Spears, and I don't watch Anime. That doesn't mean I'm not going to share my opinion in a discussion about any of them. I have as much right to say "Half Life sucks" as anybody else has to say "Half Life rules".

I think you need to learn the difference between FACT and OPINION.

Welcome to Doomworld. Nobody here ever bothers putting "Oh sorry this is just my opinion I hope it didn't offend anybody kthxbye" at the end of every post they make that is remotely judgemental.

LorD BaZTArD said:

He say's he likes Daikatana...but If I remember correctly he bases his opinion of the game ON A DEMO, I mean he may have played the full game by now, but you can't base any opinion of a game over a demo.

oh and liam, correct me if I'm wrong over the daikatana thing.

You're wrong. The demo is the reason I bothered to hunt down a copy of the full game.

dsm said:

1. Annoying NPCs, who not only turn the game into a farce but also get in your way and shoot you in the back (AI my arse!).

Half Life's AI is pretty much nonexistant, 95% of it is scripted.

2. Way too much emphasis on puzzles - it's an FPS dammit, FPSs are about SHOOTING stuff.

I didn't notice any puzzles. Just some creative switch-flipping here and there.

3. A vastly overrated plot - it's basically just a rehashed version of Doom's plot with a few twists.

Give it a close, objective look and you'll notice it's actually much simpler than Doom's plot.

what do you two know your nothn more but a newgen...and ya if one of your friends at one point called doom crapy thats because there new like you :) you ever thought about the age factor in it maybe nintendo just dont compare to a playstation2 do you get the picture :) are you new :)old versus new nahhh newgens dont like oldies...you see my lovers i come from a generation way beyond yonder basically i own you..you want reasons for why i hate halflife sure it was easy thats it :) even the difficult skill level the game still cant touch me maybe its cause of sloppy bot scripting not sayn i can do better but if you got a company of talented heads workn on a game wouldnt you want to see better gameplay and graphics and so much more ohh yes i do..i want to be wow agin just like doom made me go wow...but ya halflife does suck and when i say it sucks i speak for my hole clan ya you heard me right you bloated jizz bucket ..20 local members in
my group alone say it sucks ballss balllss ballss --->echo out....so nightmare and dsm lick my sweaty balls..cause you guys are left in the dust ouch..now keep in mind my young friend this is agin my crowd that i speak of ya only 15% of my peeps are doomers the others in my clan are all newgens ya so it can get kind messy at times :-(..but you know whats cool dsm and nightmare is that my men are trained to eat newgens even my newgen members they are vicous theyll eat you hole...there crazy so dont mess with us man and check it you know what i do recommend and its actually alot cooler than halflife cough cough not ...its called gunman crhonicles hehehe what a joke...its this game that is an exact duplicate of halflife hehehe not... its a rip off of it basically but its pretty fun.hmmm ya it is a lil...same shit just diferent face ...nahhh much more :)same engine just a tad bit tweaked...feels like a damn tc for halflife only in the hl community there arent that many lol what a crapy community lol... but ya gunman is definatly a really pretty game for a hl tc sold for an expensive price ewwww its not improved graphics like q3 to rtcw or anything ohh god no...but ya enough of halfife lets move to the real enemy sweet smell of camperstrike ewwwwwwwwww who here is a camperstrike baby if so your already dead...you wannafight for your halflife be a fool and get smashed you tards cause you guys aint nothn..my army will destroy you all you halflife newgen babys...mawhahahaha nightmare and dsm are newgens cause they dont know anybetter i dont care what your choice of game is hell we can play old school shit that is forgotten i dont care cause your ass is mine be free invite more friends i dont care get whooped you damn newgens...oldschoolers own...you newgens die.....akrgnoargae 49-a8w a-9af oa eif erga0-o blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

all your half life are belong to morbidtwatt

Halflife is a quality FPS in the great scheme of things, but Doom is in another class, a whole different level.

Nothing touches Doom. It is sacrasanct.

pritch said:

Nothing touches Doom. It is sacrasanct.

Well, there's a bunch of people on this forum that would say that at least Heretic is better than Doom - just check the poll "Is Doom the greatest game ever?"
I'm not saying I agree with that - being a total Doom zealot myself I would agree with you wholeheartedly, but I've just noticed other people's opinions.