Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
John Smith

Cacowards 2012 nomination thread

Works like last year. Post nominations for deserving wads, and please provide links. Feel free to post multiple wad nominations. Special awards stuff goes here too, including potentials for mapper of the year. Keep the discussion to a minimum. Fly my pretties.

I nominate myself for an award as I am definitely going to do something awesome this year :P

On a more serious note, I second the DTWiD nomination above. Assuming Community Chest 4 makes it out this year (ha!) that's probably the Mordeth Award winner.

1ntru said:

I wonder if Memorial by Eternal can get any sort of nomination/award.

That had its final release before Dec. 10 2011. Though that raises the question of when is a wad eligible for the award. Is it when it gets its final release or when it gets idgames official.

I think you mean Memorial by id Software.

A wad's /idgames page shows the upload date, not the date the page was created. So wads released a week or so before Dec10 probably get overlooked every year - their page isn't created before Dec10, but the date on the page says before Dec10.

Phobus for mapper of the year. I just see him highly motivated to finish lots of quality projects while still maintaining a healthy RL (thus allowing him to be even more confident with mapping). Let's see if my prediction goes correct.

if next year valkiriforce will release other great projects, probably he could be mapper of the year 2012

printz said:

Phobus for mapper of the year. I just see him highly motivated to finish lots of quality projects while still maintaining a healthy RL (thus allowing him to be even more confident with mapping). Let's see if my prediction goes correct.

Heh - I'll give it a go :P

Hobbs: If you want this thread pruned of non-nominations, please say so, and restate the thread "rules" in a more clear-cut fashion (perhaps stating where general discussion, etc., should be conducted). If you're happy to let this thread degenerate into chitchat, then there's no action needed.

Spawn, atmospheric dark sci-fi/Doom 3-esque techbase wad without any of the issues that LoS had.

TimeOfDeath said:

I think you mean Memorial by id Software.

Precisely why I'd question the eligibility of this wad for an award, as it's just copy-pasted IWAD content.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

Precisely why I'd question the eligibility of this wad for an award, as it's just copy-pasted IWAD content.

Well, I just like the "Deja Vu" effect of it. A lot.

Maybe that's why I thought that it should get an award but as ToD said, that wouldn't make real sense.

Well it could get some sort of mention in a sidebar...

Is there a discussion thread hidden somewhere?

1ntru said:

Maybe that's why I thought that it should get an award but as ToD said, that wouldn't make real sense.

Maybe my comment sounded too harsh, I should have put a winky smily at the end of it. :)

This is just an idea, but maybe in order to replace the other missing award there could be a "best demo" award, given to (obviously) the year's best demo. This could enable demo wads (like the Vaporware demo last year) to get the recognition they deserve without taking the place of a finished wad.

EDIT: I mean maps, not lmps. :)

seconding the idea for a demo (recording, as per essel's misinterpretation) award.

Tango said:

seconding the idea for a demo (recording, as per essel's misinterpretation) award.

golden cyber awards were tied to C-N, which is dead... so a revived ceremony should be called golden archvile!

hello, i drop a tnt 2: devilution as a nominee, i played the demo recently and i found it a great project...

A demo (lmp) award is likely to provoke epic amounts of bitching. And I don't mean the bastardized use of the word "epic" the Internet uses, but the real thing.

... Please make it happen.